[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is a known problem, but I cant seem to craft a Grinder. I've got all the parts and I put them in the crafting table and get nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

And of course I find the problem like a minute after posting... the books had a damage value for some reason. Had to make new ones.

You don;t need to make new book(s)...only one. Keep the newly-made book in your inventory and toss the rest into the world...then pick them back up. All books should be the same now [known issue with Chisel mod].

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
omfg...i cannot believe i'm still alive. yet to build a mob tower and working on 'making a killing' from a high hide. Aggro'd an Enderman [for pearls] and was coming down to kill him. Wouldn't you know he'd be the 'russian' kind - where he teleports you. Just survived 1/2 the night sprinting around my base.

ZackUnme

Jul 29, 2019
When I play the modpack my first time I could not bonemeal crops....
So I changed the config file of the spice of life and hunger overhaul.....
Still cannot bonemeal crops....

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
omfg...i cannot believe i'm still alive. yet to build a mob tower and working on 'making a killing' from a high hide. Aggro'd an Enderman [for pearls] and was coming down to kill him. Wouldn't you know he'd be the 'russian' kind - where he teleports you. Just survived 1/2 the night sprinting around my base.
What do they look like? So I'll know better than to look at him.[DOUBLEPOST=1411976794][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I play the modpack my first time I could not bonemeal crops....
So I changed the config file of the spice of life and hunger overhaul.....
Still cannot bonemeal crops....
Mines work just fine out of the package with no modification whatsoever.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone have a automated PC thingy with AE? ? (making pcb and all that thru the ME controller)
that's easy, have a pressure chamber with a chest+hopper as target inventory for the blank recipe (to buffer the items) and filtered output

then just export the blank to the assembly line

or if you don't have that yet then use precision import/export for the light box and a acid trench with hopper at the end to etch them (using a fuzzy bus to export the unfinished ones back into the hopper)

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
that's easy, have a pressure chamber with a chest+hopper as target inventory for the blank recipe (to buffer the items) and filtered output

then just export the blank to the assembly line

or if you don't have that yet then use precision import/export for the light box and a acid trench with hopper at the end to etch them (using a fuzzy bus to export the unfinished ones back into the hopper)

I mean with an AE system included o.0

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I mean with an AE system included o.0
the target inventory is where the recipe for the blank is using 1 creeper seed and iron ingot: this gets exported into the pressure chamber and changes into the plastic and compressed iron which then changes into the blank

This gets pulled out using a filtered interface and routed either into a chest next to the assembly line whose output is a interface or to a light box with a precision import bus that will then export it to a dropper which will drop it into etching acid with hopper at the end (where the fuzzy export will push the unfinished PCBs back into the dropper) and you will eventually get a finished unassembled PCB

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
Um... I made an account just so I could post about how important bones are in the early game, and why I failed so hard

Whenever night came, I followed what most did and holed up inside, sifting dust. When it was day, I quickly went out side, dodged creepers and spiders (a wall of dust over the front porch helped), and tried to gather stuff. While I found that I managed to find some mob drops, I was unable to find any bones. I know there definitely were some skeletons outside, but they left no bones. Do you know what could have caused this?

Bad luck with the random number generator. It happens. Also possible is that the skeletons died further than you can see their drops. There's a mod that helps with that somewhere in this thread.

Also, I always start a new map by blocking the pyrotheum. That way if I mess up and suicide into it or the fire, I haven't lost anything.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Steel also works well.
Eureka! Need to right-click [empty hand maybe?] the block gate to have it place blocks [yellow square will appear]. Now to make it craft hammers...

It's because the yellow square pointing foward (where the other design is) will right click forward, and the square facing the back will make it right click itself. Or something like that - his video on the early auto-sieve mentioned it. Can't figure why you'd want to have it right click itself yet though. Maybe to place something right above it?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
It's because the yellow square pointing foward (where the other design is) will right click forward, and the square facing the back will make it right click itself. Or something like that - his video on the early auto-sieve mentioned it. Can't figure why you'd want to have it right click itself yet though. Maybe to place something right above it?

I'm still mostly lost when it comes to SFM. Realized late yesterday that my hammer crafting wasn't working as intended [when the AA ran out of Hammers...]. Fixed it this morning but still don't know what was broken. I'm in the process of setting up another block gate so I can get it to make sand too. Noticed that the 'yellow square' is present on the output face when I placed the block gate. Moving it [yellow square] to another face only seems to tell the output face to left-click. Just checked config and output isided is set to down for the block gate placing cobble [while the actual output face is facing north and the yellow square is up]. Cobble still get's placed to the North tho.

Edit: Managed to get it to make sand and noticed rapid item valve wasn't picking everything up. Managed to puzzle out how to run a single process using multiple triggers..enabled/disabled via single lever. Gravel creation is on a 1-sec interval. Gravel placement + Gravel/Sand/Cobble collection is on a 1-tick interval.
Probably not the most efficient setup but it'll work for sand to turn into soul sand/glass until I get a Harvester running and can process Sludge.

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know what you might have changed but I can confirm that bonemealing works as shipped. Not always instant growth for all uses but it does grow.
I concur. Most of Pam's crops are 2-use to get mature. Vanilla crops are 8-use. And saplings...follow the growth requirements of the sapling and pray RNG is being kind [or use a watering can!]

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can anyone tell me why my skin isn't showing up?
My wife's skin isn't showing properly either in my game, but it shows both of our skins properly in her game. I was thinking it might be some way to clear a skin cache, or else make the game re-check mojang for skins, but I can't find it.