[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
okay so what should i do about the fact that everything is just counting up infinitely no matter what i eat, thus preventing me from getting any hunger restoration? i'd rather not just disable the feature again, since i kinda want to see how the map plays with it enabled.
Well, if you're just starting out, you could just restart. There may be a more elegant solution, of course, but this one will most likely work. :p

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Is that on a new playthrough, or did you enable that after starting the map? It seems plausible this is a matter of enabling the feature after eating a lot it off.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
okay so what should i do about the fact that everything is just counting up infinitely no matter what i eat, thus preventing me from getting any hunger restoration? i'd rather not just disable the feature again, since i kinda want to see how the map plays with it enabled.

Make a chest and put everything from your person into it so your inventory is completely empty.

In the save folder for your work delete

.../players/name.dat

And see if that fixes it when you next go ingame.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you're just starting out, you could just restart. There may be a more elegant solution, of course, but this one will most likely work.
the playthrough was well established so that wasn't really an option. also that doesn't really solve the primary issue, which is why the bug occurred in the first place.

Is that on a new playthrough, or did you enable that after starting the map? It seems plausible this is a matter of enabling the feature after eating a lot it off.
i always perform a fresh install whenever i make changes to mods for a new playthrough, in vanilla and any pack i ever play. this helps ensure that any problems are easy to pinpoint. problem is, in this case i have no baseline to compare to as i've never had this feature enabled until now.

Make a chest and put everything from your person into it so your inventory is completely empty.
In the save folder for your work delete
.../players/name.dat
And see if that fixes it when you next go ingame.
unfortunately i just died to one of those creepers that explode on death combined with it's creeper seed drop also exploding (11 hearts to 0 in a fraction of a second wooo!) so i can't really test that now. for reference, what all does name.dat track?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
unfortunately i just died to one of those creepers that explode on death combined with it's creeper seed drop also exploding (11 hearts to 0 in a fraction of a second wooo!) so i can't really test that now. for reference, what all does name.dat track?

Usually any player specific information. Inventory, water, heat, thaumcraft research, etc. Likely holds the nutritional value as well.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Make a 5x5x1 pool of witch water.
Dig down 4 more.
Cover it.
Place a ginder in the middle of one of the walls.
Stand more than 24 blocks away.
???
Profit.
Is the grinder necessary [wouldn't the Ghast drown eventually]? If correct, very easy way to farm Tears early game.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Is the grinder necessary [wouldn't the Ghast drown eventually]? If correct, very easy way to farm Tears early game.
Yeah, but... But... That would be easy. :confused:

"What? Making sense? No! That's against company policy!"
- Type1Ninja, CEO of Type1Ninjustries, on paying workers actual money instead of only giving them food and shelter

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So maybe covering the pool was a good idea.

RBD93bL.jpg

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So maybe covering the pool was a good idea.

RBD93bL.jpg

Can't say I didn't warn ya ;)

In other news put a spamr to work with some tracking missles for some fireworks :3

This thread moves quick~

Quick question

Does mob spawning rules follow vanilla? If not, how do they spawn?

They do follow vanilla spawning rules but not AI. Also the biome does not spawn any passive mobs via grass(That I know of).

KS1

Jul 29, 2019
I have just crashed twice trying to cook some invar - not my first invar. Im almost finished technological quest - just have to cook up some slime and other loverly fluids. Anyone help, or know what the issue is?

http://pastebin.com/JPehNBap

Thanks
Kayla

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Can't say I didn't warn ya ;)

In other news put a spamr to work with some tracking missles for some fireworks :3

They do follow vanilla spawning rules but not AI. Also the biome does not spawn any passive mobs via grass(That I know of).

Alright thanks!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I have just crashed twice trying to cook some invar - not my first invar. Im almost finished technological quest - just have to cook up some slime and other loverly fluids. Anyone help, or know what the issue is?

http://pastebin.com/JPehNBap

Thanks
Kayla

Your problem is something with a pneumaticcraft IOunit. Something in it or something trying to go in it is crashing you.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but if people have been having problems with mobs not wandering around as much as they did in 1.2, never fear, Villager bait works just as well as ever :p

Zombies will attempt to path to villagers even out of their line of sight, so if you're hurting for mob essence or whatever zombie drops, just put a junky villager in a lit box at the far end of whatever trap you have set up :p

Reactions: ScottieC

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but if people have been having problems with mobs not wandering around as much as they did in 1.2, never fear, Villager bait works just as well as ever :p

Zombies will attempt to path to villagers even out of their line of sight, so if you're hurting for mob essence or whatever zombie drops, just put a junky villager in a lit box at the far end of whatever trap you have set up :p
How would u trade with the villager then?