[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I agree, that if it's buried in the dust w/o any recognizable landmarks, it would be very anti-climatic and very very boring. Then, the only reason you'd have to even look in an area is by noticing the tell tale lag when you're traveling over an area and a city is being formed (if in sky, immediately fall to ground, do not pass go, do not collect $200).

So, I had a very strange set of reproducible crashes last night and I was curious if anyone would risk trying it that has an AE system and see if it's just me.

For some reason, in AE Crafting terminal, if I grab some scorched brick and try to right click drag into ae crafting terminal the designs for either a scorched duct or scorched drain, I got an immediate CTD, no world corruption, with the following log snippet which points to enviromine camelpack refill call. It had be befuddled since I tried it a second time, and even just hitting the X to clear crafting window, it ctd'd on me again. I have no auto fill for camel pack without there being something in a chest, thus, it didn't make any sense since SFM isn't being used, has never CTD'd on me before, and I was in the ae crafting terminal, nowhere near anything related to sfm. Very very odd. btw, my sfm setup for camelpack does work fine. again, expect a ctd, so backup your world if you wish to try this.

Description: Ticking tile entity

java.lang.NullPointerException
at enviromine.handlers.CamelPackRefillHandler.func_77571_b(CamelPackRefillHandler.java:107)
at enviromine.handlers.CamelPackRefillHandler.func_77572_b(CamelPackRefillHandler.java:88)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CraftingDummy.isItemValidForRecipe(CraftingDummy.java:97)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CraftingBufferElement.findItems(CraftingBufferElement.java:193)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CraftingBufferElement.getSizeLeft(CraftingBufferElement.java:152)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.insertItemsFromInputBufferElement(CommandExecutor.java:654)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.insertItems(CommandExecutor.java:611)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.executeCommand(CommandExecutor.java:92)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.executeChildCommands(CommandExecutor.java:66)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.executeCommand(CommandExecutor.java:220)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.executeChildCommands(CommandExecutor.java:66)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.executeCommand(CommandExecutor.java:220)
at vswe.stevesfactory.components.CommandExecutor.executeTriggerCommand(CommandExecutor.java:58)
at vswe.stevesfactory.blocks.TileEntityManager.activateTrigger(TileEntityManager.java:439)
at vswe.stevesfactory.blocks.TileEntityManager.func_70316_g(TileEntityManager.java:408)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
i tried it out its an amazing map. Can you plz try add magical crops and metallurgy 3.
Also you add more missions that give you hearts/lives.

Magical Crops doesn't fit the theme of the mod (no magic, only tech), and metallurgy would be a pain, since there isn't any ores. It'd just be another step in the process, IMO. But to each his own. As for the hearts/lives, Hardcore Quest mods life system is supposed to be disabled. You're supposed to use the Sync Shell mod for extra lives. So if you're using hearts/lives from Hardcore Quest mod, you're doing something wrong.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
When you get a tree farm surviving isn't as hard anymore
that's the point. once you stabilize, you aren't supposed to have a hard time anymore. hence, the reason the cities exist, and the reason the death mountains are going to be a thing.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
An occasional spire sticking from the sand would demarcate the general location of the city. I also rather enjoy the idea of skylight pit traps. I'd create them using the bud gravity bug. Not sure the best way to trigger them though.

as far as enjoying seeing buildings intact. I kind of like the idea that most cities are buried because a force field has collapsed.... rarely though you can find cities with operational infrastructure...... you just have to figure out how to get through the forcefield yourself.

that of course would take more mods and significant development.

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
I found another mod called natura. It adds a lot of nice things. http://hexxit.wikia.com/wiki/Natura
Also if you are going to add natura make it so that imp skin armor gives you heat resistance.[DOUBLEPOST=1410305822][/DOUBLEPOST]Also how do i power the shell constructers its not working with the energy cube

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Okay but could you add metallurgy since i read that ex aquilo makes it so you can get metallurgy ores.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/1552418-ex-nihilo-companion-map
Also i am not good with tech mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1410305593][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry wrong link
http://ftbwiki.org/Ex_Aliquo derp
why do we need metallurgy? Current weapons are generally sufficient, adding metalurgy would just create a balance issue with the special abilities of a range of metallurgy ores.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I found another mod called natura. It adds a lot of nice things. http://hexxit.wikia.com/wiki/Natura
Also if you are going to add natura make it so that imp skin armor gives you heat resistance.[DOUBLEPOST=1410305822][/DOUBLEPOST]Also how do i power the shell constructers its not working with the energy cube
my suspicion is that you need to configure your power cell. Double check that the output face is configured approprietly.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like that trenches are less effective now. Trenches were too stronk before.

I'm sure it is just a coincidence that you were playing without a trench. :)

I set omnipotence to true and bumped up detection range to 64. Most of them still doing nothing. I need to compare a 1.1.2 config to a new config. I don't think there is a simple/easy way to do that with the FTB launcher though.

Speaking of Metallurgy I think that is a mod meant to be applied to a vanilla world. It doesn't work so well in most modpacks. BnB is the obvious(only) exception in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm with you, m8. That and.... I'll let you guess what I'm going to say.
You were going to say metallurgy, right? Metallurgy is your favorite mod, right? Right? wait, why do I have you tagged cutter?[DOUBLEPOST=1410306972][/DOUBLEPOST]
*mutters*
*digs through various chests*
*dumps pile of torches on the floor*
*mutters*
*digs*
"now, where did I leave that pitchfork"
It's in the chest, over there. Alongside your stacks of big boy pants®, and the heavily soiled big boy pants®.

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
Which armor prevents heating up the most[DOUBLEPOST=1410307357][/DOUBLEPOST]I was told armor affects how fast your thirst is gone.
Iron=Heating up
Cooling=?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm sure it is just a coincidence that you were playing without a trench. :)

My first world I built a wall and trench. Didn't die once. Easiest mob farm I ever made and the most boring. It really takes away the fun of the map imo. Having to make a billion nooks and iron doors for the ship is far more entertaining :3

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Which armor prevents heating up the most[DOUBLEPOST=1410307357][/DOUBLEPOST]I was told armor affects how fast your thirst is gone.
Iron=Heating up
Cooling=?
Metal heats you during the day and cools you at night.
Leather and wood heat you at all times.
Diamond cools you during day and warms you at night.