[1.5.2] [Public Mod Pack] ShneekeyCraft: Less Is More!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Trying to update to 1.1.0 and there's no change, at all. I delete the entire pack and all files for it (not a loss since I had imported it into MultiMC anyway) and it doesn't download anything for 1.1.0. It just gives me vanilla 1.5.2. I'll give it another shot later in case things are just being slow, but wanted to let you know about this just in case.
Wait 24 hours. There's a bug in the system.

Could you please add xycraft, I think it fits with the team but its up to you. :)
Can't. Soaryn has explicitly denied permission for mod packs until his mod is more stable.

SilvaDreams

Jul 29, 2019
Could be because of the system being slow but it updated to 1.5.2 and all the mods but whenever I start up a new world it is... Well black... I can see my character's arm, the Tinker's construct book in my first slot but no turf or mobs.

SilvaDreams

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded, and fired up a world. No problems whatsoever for me.

You likely tried updating your existing files.. which would do almost nothing since it would still be 1.5.1.
Just tried a clean download and folder.. And yup it is downloading none of the resource files. I checked the forgeloader files and it was a spamfest of "xxxxxxxxx.png not found ignoring" among other things.. basically it downloaded empty .zip files.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You likely tried updating your existing files.. which would do almost nothing since it would still be 1.5.1.
Just tried a clean download and folder.. And yup it is downloading none of the resource files. I checked the forgeloader files and it was a spamfest of "xxxxxxxxx.png not found ignoring" among other things.. basically it downloaded empty .zip files.
You may be suffering from this known bug of the FTB Launcher. However, that issue should really have cleared by now. Try deleting your ShneekeyCraft folder (after saving your world data and such) and a fresh install and see what happens

SilvaDreams

Jul 29, 2019
I have deleted the folder 6 times or so now, it just keeps doing it so it could be the for mentioned bug.... But oddly enough it keeps making a resource file in my main FTB folder with just something from Railcraft in it

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
I did finally get the client files loaded. Built the server jar and now my server is building the world. It should be ready to run in about 6 hours. :p

SilvaDreams

Jul 29, 2019
Well looks like the file server finally got things sorted out over night because after another redownload it is working properly...
Thought it seems the black screen part may also be part of Optifine bug.. I notice when I turn the Default settings from Fancy it goes black screen.
So if you use the Optifine options (not the default Minecraft ones) to change the tree settings it works just fine.

Cranzai

Jul 29, 2019
What's the Armor GUI for and, are there items we can put in the slots except for the armor?

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! Let me know how it turns out!
I dun screwed up. Used a little program to pre-generate the world out to 10000 blocks in each direction from spawn...forgot to load the mods in before so I have a lovely vanilla world. There goes 13 hours down the drain. Plus now it's giving me errors so, I'm not off to a good start. :p Gonna keep working on it and hopefully unbork stuff soon.

edit: Stuff is all fixed, seems to be working fine though none of the players have been around to set their clients up yet.

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019

Actually that was a reply after my first time finding and downloading the pack.

Second time I relaunched it, it updated again (which was weird because I had it set on recommended to begin with). Still had no problems after that though.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm contemplating ditching CraftGuide for NEI after all. I've already got the blanket release from Chickenbones which includes NEI so permissions is already a done thing, and with the question mark shift click thing, it has additional utility beyond 'cheat mode'.

Also, if I was going to do a biomes mod, it would probably be UndergroundBiomes. different colored stones you can make smoothstone or brick out of for the more color-coordinated players out there. Plus, yanno, some vaguely accurate stone formation generation. Steampunk tends to be victorian era science, well Geology was certainly around, at least to this extent, back then. Shist was Gneiss, but don't take it for Granite. That was one of the things I liked about TFC, and I wouldn't mind seeing it here.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Just warning you about UndergroundBiomes, but we're possibly ditching it on Resonant Rise in the next release, due to the massive amount of lag it creates when generating new chunks. If somebody using UB pregens the world, then it should be alright until they go far enough out. But if they generate by exploring... well, things go down the toilet pretty quickly.
It adds really nice blocks and a lot of variety to the underground, yes. But it also murders servers painfully when you generate chunks. And since this is supposed to be a lightweight modpack you're making, here... I can't recommend UB's inclusion.

Sent from my phone using black magic

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Just warning you about UndergroundBiomes, but we're possibly ditching it on Resonant Rise in the next release, due to the massive amount of lag it creates when generating new chunks. If somebody using UB pregens the world, then it should be alright until they go far enough out. But if they generate by exploring... well, things go down the toilet pretty quickly.
It adds really nice blocks and a lot of variety to the underground, yes. But it also murders servers painfully when you generate chunks. And since this is supposed to be a lightweight modpack you're making, here... I can't recommend UB's inclusion.

Sent from my phone using black magic
Ahh, thank you for letting me know. It was actually KirinDave's Resonant Rise videos that got me curious about UndergroundBiomes in the first place. Also got me curious about UE, but then you guys dropped it so I figured it probably wasn't too worth looking into.

How has Dimension Doors been working out for you guys? It seems like a good way for servers to kind of remain connected while being geographically dispersed. Has it also been a source of lag or FPS drain?