[1.5.2] [Public Mod Pack] ShneekeyCraft: Less Is More!

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Natura's seeds and seed oil... For bees, of course.
Anyway, I like this modpack. It's good.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Natura's seeds and seed oil... For bees, of course.
Anyway, I like this modpack. It's good.
Natura's seeds go into the bio reactor as well. I've confirmed this with barley and cotton seeds.

As far as seed oil, you may do best breeding up a chestnut tree. Unless you have a gourd farm or three standing by. Pumpkin and Melon seeds are at least prevalent. Also, I believe Harvesters recognize pumpkins and melons, but don't yank the vines.

Unfortunately for your case, Sengir has done an excellent job at removing all alternate sources of seed oil. However, if you go village hunting, you might find a beekeeping house which has a couple of apiaries in the back for you to steal.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Natura's seeds go into the bio reactor as well. I've confirmed this with barley and cotton seeds.

As far as seed oil, you may do best breeding up a chestnut tree. Unless you have a gourd farm or three standing by. Pumpkin and Melon seeds are at least prevalent. Also, I believe Harvesters recognize pumpkins and melons, but don't yank the vines.

Unfortunately for your case, Sengir has done an excellent job at removing all alternate sources of seed oil. However, if you go village hunting, you might find a beekeeping house which has a couple of apiaries in the back for you to steal.

Damnit.
Also, it's kinda hard to find emeralds...
Unless you have a Quarry and live in an Extreme Hills biome...
Rant over, time to find one.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Damnit.
Also, it's kinda hard to find emeralds...
Unless you have a Quarry and live in an Extreme Hills biome...
Rant over, time to find one.
One of the reasons I do -not- have Extra Biomes or Biomes A Plenty is because Extreme Hills biomes are fairly easy to come across with 'vanilla' biome generation. Those two mods make it a lot more difficult to find biometry-dependent resources, such as Emeralds.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Then I'm unlucky as shit with that biome... I'm not using any of those biome mods.
Goddamnit Powersuits and MFR!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Then I'm unlucky as shit with that biome... I'm not using any of those biome mods.
Goddamnit Powersuits and MFR!
The first thing I tend to do on day one is start wandering around for a good place to live, which generally means in or near an extreme hills biome. My current test world is on the shores of a swamp with a plains and extreme hills intersecting just behind. There's a pair of Natura Redwoods in close proximity to each other on those plains, I think I'm eventually going to rebuild Kelethin there.

There's also an enormous chasm which leads directly into an abandoned mine that leads off underneath the extreme hills biome. I've already found a dozen emeralds.

Cranzai

Jul 29, 2019
I read the chitchat about finding emeralds and extreme hills biomes, I found a nice seed in which you spawn on top of a hill and are surrounded by a few hills, this is a map with large biomes, this is the seed: 2633977227616179406. Have fun finding emeralds. :)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay, major update coming.

• Literally every mod in the pack updated. Yes, even Forge.
  • Tinker's Constructs rolled back to 1.3.4.3
  • Added: REI's MINIMAP. Permissions updated in OP and imgur link added in latest file sent to the FTB Launcher Team
  • DISABLED: Railcraft's aura thingy. This may break the goggles. This conflicted with TC and made the Smeltery unusable.
  • Natura and TC berry bushes now function with MFR's Harvester, however you may have issues with it only seeing one layer. So if you have bushes taller than one block, you my need multiple Harvesters stacked to get them all.
  • Tools moved to the Builder's Backpack.
As usual, I got some Type Mismatch problems the first time I loaded it up, but I didn't see anything vanish on me. Still, it never hurts to backup your data before updating.

Mekanism and some of the other UE mods will be included in the 1.6 version of this mod pack, but I think I'll hold off adding in a whole new mod selection with worldgen dependency and forcing everyone to reset their world until the next major minecraft revision. At that time, I will also consider a change to the config settings since everyone will be restarting anyways.

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just curious, did you forget to update Iron Chests or was there a reason not to? The version in the pack is 3 months old (Build 5.2.1.284: 2013-03-09 15:10:54 for MC: 1.5) and if I remember correctly had some issues with Buildcraft pipes ignoring it as a valid place to dump items.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm just curious, did you forget to update Iron Chests or was there a reason not to? The version in the pack is 3 months old (Build 5.2.1.284: 2013-03-09 15:10:54 for MC: 1.5) and if I remember correctly had some issues with Buildcraft pipes ignoring it as a valid place to dump items.
Probably because Iron Chests doesn't really update all that often and it was the latest stable version when I D/L'd it?

Have you actually encountered that problem, or are you merely complaining about a rumor?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because Iron Chests doesn't really update all that often and it was the latest stable version when I D/L'd it?

Have you actually encountered that problem, or are you merely complaining about a rumor?
I have actually encountered that problem.
They wouldn't enter into the iron chest.

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I did actually have the problem too. Got tired of having to only use vanilla chests so I manually updated my server. Since I'm in the process of setting up client info and instructions for my players anyhow it's no big deal to have them grab the latest one.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yeah, I did actually have the problem too. Got tired of having to only use vanilla chests so I manually updated my server. Since I'm in the process of setting up client info and instructions for my players anyhow it's no big deal to have them grab the latest one.
Yea, sometimes people randomly just complain about things that 'they heard somewhere'. Thanks for bringing up the bug report. The next version (not the one updated today, but the one updating next week) will have the updated IronChests mod.

I just wish someone had told me about this one a few weeks back so I could've updated then.

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, didn't even think about it. I probably would have mentioned it at the 1.2.0 update but we skipped that one.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Sorry, didn't even think about it. I probably would have mentioned it at the 1.2.0 update but we skipped that one.
No worries. Also, Railcraft updated, but because of his licesnse agreement, it will have to wait a couple of weeks. Or rather, it would normally wait one week, but because the next release will be in less than that, it will have to wait for the following.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
I got a crash when running the pack the report is to long so I put the forge log in a zip, you can download it and find the problem.

Attachments

• Mod pack crash.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 156

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I got a crash when running the pack the report is to long so I put the forge log in a zip, you can download it and find the problem.
2013-06-15 23:46:47 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] There was a problem downloading the file scala-library.jar automatically. Perhaps you have an environment without internet access. You will need to download the file manually or restart and let it try again

It needs an internet connection to get all the forge files the first time around.

Also, next time... it's called Pastebin. There's even a button that does it for you on the FTB Launcher's Monitor window.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
2013-06-15 23:46:47 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] There was a problem downloading the file scala-library.jar automatically. Perhaps you have an environment without internet access. You will need to download the file manually or restart and let it try again

It needs an internet connection to get all the forge files the first time around.

Also, next time... it's called Pastebin. There's even a button that does it for you on the FTB Launcher's Monitor window.
I have internet all the time but I'll re download the pack thanks!