1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So, I happen to have the rest of the week off, and I was hoping to mess around with the 1.5.1 Beta pack. Sadly, that didn't arrive, so, just for fun, I decided to see if I could simulate it on my own. Frankly I expected the worst, having run into numerous problems back in the day, but surprisingly, everything went together very smoothly; no id conflicts or anything else. I did absolutely nothing to the configs, and the worlds I generated loaded without issue.

Without furth ado, I present Bagman's Totally Tempory 1.5.1 Pack for the Incurably Impatient:

Forge 676

Coremods:
CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.1
CoFH Core 1.5.1.0
NotEnoughItems 1.5.2.9
PowerCrytalsCore-1.1.3-90

Mods:
Advanced Machines 4.9
Advanced Solar Panels 3.3.6
Applied Energistics rv10-h
Ars Magica 5.50.010
Buildcraft 3.5.0
ChickenChunks 1.3.2.5
Enchanting Plus 1.14.5.4
Ender Storage 1.4.2.4
Equivalent Exchange 3 pre1g
ExtrabiomesXL 3.13.0
Extra Utilities 0.1
Factorization 0.7.37
FlatBedrock-1.1.1-32
Forestry 2.1.2.29 (474)
GregTech 3.04e
GraviGun 1.5.0v2
iChunUtil 1.0.0
IndustrialCraft2 1.115.308-lf
Iron Chest 5.2.4.381
MineFactory Reloaded 2.5.0
Modular Powersuits 0.6.0-326
Mystcraft 0.10.3.00
Natura 2.0
NEI Mystcraft Plugin 1.1
NEI Plugins 1.0.6.6
Obsidian Pressure Plates 1.3.2.11
OmniTools 3.1.1.0
Portal Gun 1.5.1
Railcraft6.17.0.30
StevesCarts 2.0.0.a101
Thaumcraft 3.0.4c
Twilight Forest 1.17.1
Thermal Expansion 2.3.1.0
Tinkers' Construct 1.2
ZansMinimap 1.5.1

Edit 5/13: Major edit, downgraded pack to known stable version. I recommend installing IC2 first, then GregTech, before any other mods. GT seems to have issues if added late (as in MC won't lauch).

Disclaimer: I have done nothing to the configs as yet, there are likely significant balance issues, particularly around ore generation. I've only played on a few worlds, and only for an hour or so. While I haven't run across a crash, bug, or other nasty, it's more than likely that some exist. I take no responsibility for save game corruption, lag, framerate issues, crashing, smoking hard drives, monitor burn in, rabid dogs, feral cats or any other unpleasantness. TLDR: This is just for fun, use at your own risk. I'm hopeful I might be able to import a world into the forthcoming 'real' 1.5.1 pack, but I'm not counting on it.

I use MultiMC. There are other launchers available that will probably do the same job, but I have no experience with them. Never used MultiMC or any other launcher? Shame on you, but no time like the present. Download and help available here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1000645-multimc-43-windows-linux-mac/

Download the mods. Links for most mods can be found at http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.5.1.html

Note: several mods in this list are older versions. If you have trouble finding them, pm me and I can help you find them.
Launch MultiMC, create a new 1.5.1 instance, add latest version of Forge. Launch instance and quit again.

Add Coremods, rebuild Jar, launch instance, quit.

Add mods, rebuild Jar, launch instance, enjoy.

As I mess around with this over the next couple days, I'll add any issues I run across as I find them. Hopefully this makes your wait more bearable!

Edit: The first spoiler is a decoy! /shrug

Stable (afaik) 1.5.2 pack:

Forge 703
CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.9
CoFH Core 1.5.2.2
NEI 1.5.2.16
PowerCrystalsCore 1.1.6-108
Advanced Solar Panels 3.3.7
ArsMagica 5.52.002
AE rv10-n
Buildcraft 1.5.2 jenkins 187
ChickenChuncks 1.3.2.9
EnderStorage 1.4.2.8
EE3 pre1g
Extra Utilities 0.2.1a
Factorization 0.7.37
Forestry 2.2.4.3 (545)
GraviGun 1.5.0v2
GregTech 305g
iChunUtil 1.0.1
IC2 1.115.308lf
IronChest 5.2.6.412
Modular Powersuits 0.7.0-491
MFR 2.6.0B1
Natura 2.1 Beta
NEI Plugins 1.0.8.13
Obsidian Pressure Plates 1.5.0.13
OmniTools 3.1.4.0
Portalgun 1.5.1
Railcraft 7.1.0.0
Steve'sCarts 2.0.0.a110
Twilight Forest 1.17.2
Thermal Expansion 2.4.3.0
Tinker's Construct 1.3dev44
Zan's Minimap 1.5.2

Config available here.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
Bagman - For someone who's fairly new, what you mean by rebuild jar? That's not actually something I know how to do (or perhaps I know how to do it and don't realize it was called rebuilding the Jar file).

I thank you for this list and any help, I may have a couple days with free time as well but next Monday Tuesday and Wednesday will be phenomenally busy!

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Bagman - For someone who's fairly new, what you mean by rebuild jar? That's not actually something I know how to do (or perhaps I know how to do it and don't realize it was called rebuilding the Jar file).

I thank you for this list and any help, I may have a couple days with free time as well but next Monday Tuesday and Wednesday will be phenomenally busy!
In MultiMC, there is a button on the left hand side labeled "Rebuild Jar." Click that =) If you are not very familiar with MultiMC, I'd recommend glancing at one of the videos in the thread I linked in the spoiler of the OP.

Bigglesworth, I'll confess I'm not sure what you're talking about. The point of this thread is merely that the mods I listed (and likely others) work together without conflict, and you can begin playing them, right now.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
In MultiMC, there is a button on the left hand side labeled "Rebuild Jar." Click that =) If you are not very familiar with MultiMC, I'd recommend glancing at one of the videos in the thread I linked in the spoiler of the OP.

Bigglesworth, I'll confess I'm not sure what you're talking about. The point of this thread is merely that the mods I listed (and likely others) work together without conflict, and you can begin playing them, right now.
Comparing your linked list, not your list ;P

Also If you're going to make a list that isnt FTB pack bound, you might as well replace BiomesXL with Biomes o Plenty. better biomes untill XL 4 comes out.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen people say it would come between April 22-29, I think I'll be able to hold out for a few more days and I love my modular power suits.

Though I like this short guide on MultiMC ^^ Sounds like making your own mod pack doesn't have to be too much trouble with that and I might actually start making my own mod packs in that case :D

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
I wish FTB launcher was more like MultiMC. I had to ditch the launcher because it provides one, and only 1 real feature; pack updates. Eveything else is silly fluph surrounded by an ugly GUI. if they got together with MultiMC and added pack management to that, it would be killer.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen people say it would come between April 22-29, I think I'll be able to hold out for a few more days and I love my modular power suits.

Though I like this short guide on MultiMC ^^ Sounds like making your own mod pack doesn't have to be too much trouble with that and I might actually start making my own mod packs in that case :D

According to JadedCat on her livestream last night, the 29th at the *earliest*. FC2 was having some stability/connection issues last night. Hopefully they'll get stuff ironed out!

OP: I'm detinitely impatient, and will be trying this tonight when I get home![DOUBLEPOST=1366836868][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wish FTB launcher was more like MultiMC. I had to ditch the launcher because it provides one, and only 1 real feature; pack updates. Eveything else is silly fluph surrounded by an ugly GUI. if they got together with MultiMC and added pack management to that, it would be killer.

I know they're working on a new launcher, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll have some of the functionality of the MultiMC setup.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, and I just download the pack and immediately import it into MultiMC. I understand what they're doing, however. The FTB launcher is designed for convenience and to allow people (particularly newer players) to not have to worry about anything, just launch and play. More experienced players will probably want to use MultiMC for the greater degree of control (at the loss of convenience) it offers.

I think of the FTB launcher as a pack delivery system more than a launcher =)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it turns out MPS works fine, updating OP. It was the MPS Add On Module causing the dreaded null pointer exception.
You need to be running a beta build of MPS for the addons above a certain version number to work, probably because the heat mechanic is in and they use it in some modules.

I managed to get a mod pack working in here, but I instantly got a billion ID errors so I added IDresolver to it. Everything seems to be working well, but every so often an ID gets lost and I need to tell the game to send it somewhere. I don't think letting it solve all my problems automatically is the best option, either...

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed an odd thing with worldgen. Random bits of gravel on the surface (even in trees) that are also ore. Yep, this is me in the screenshot about to mine some gold. From a tree. With a shovel. I'm assuming this is a bug (more of the lulz type than the gamebreaking type), unless one of these mods added gravel ore when I wasn't looking.
gravelOre.jpg

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019

This plus 100. I *hate* (well, hated) reconfiguring every single time there was an update. I also wish there was the ability to hide modpacks (or hell, delete them) that I have no interest in using. I really love MultiMc.

If it's true that it might not update 'till after the 29th, I'll build my own pack.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
There is a reason that there were no config problems: Since the 1.4 update for Forge, mods auto add configs and balance to accept others.

Reactions: RedBoss

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'll post Resonant Rise's packlist and config here shortly. But this is probably offtopic for FTB unless I can sell the FTB people on letting me maintain their pack using distribution permissions. An unlikely outcome. This is the packlist that I recorded with WayOfTime on recently. This list is out of date, but will suffice for now. Add in Gregtech 3.02c and a few other fun gems to get a picture of where it's going.

And increasingly, I think this pack is also what AdvancingCraft will run. It's most of what we want from AC and the things we decided we didn't like are removed. I even got Mekanism to work for realsies which is, if you have tried, actually really damn hard to do right now.

It's worth noting Atum, Atomic Science and MineChem play very well in these packs and most people don't realize that. You also may note that Iron Chests is not on this list; that is intentional. I like Metallurgy 3's chest system better.

Code:
ArsMagica_5.50.007
Atomic_Science_v0.5.1.6
Atum 0.3.5A
BasicComponents_v1.3.1.71
BiblioCraft[v1.1.6]
Biomes-O-Plenty-0.5.1
ChickenChunks 1.3.2.3
ComputerCraft1.52
DimensionalDoors-1.5.1R1.3.4RC3-49
EnderStorage 1.4.2.4
Factorization-0.7.37
GravityGun1.5.0v2
ICBM_Contraption_v1.1.1.26
ICBM_Explosion_v1.1.1.26
ICBM_Sentry_v1.1.1.26
InventoryTweaks-1.52
MPSA-0.2.2-76_MPS-326
Mekanism-v5.5.4pre3 11.47.31 PM
MekanismGenerators-v5.5.4pre3 11.47.33 PM
MekanismTools-v5.5.4pre3 11.47.35 PM
Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.2
MineChem_v3.x.44
MineFactoryReloaded-2.5.0B2-563
ModularPowersuits-0.4.2-326
Natura_1.5.1_2.0.9
NetherOres-2.1.1-52
OmniTools-3.1.0.0
PortalGun1.5.1
StevesCarts2.0.0.a98
TConstruct_1.5.1_1.2f1
Thaumcraft3.0.4b
ThermalExpansion-2.3.1.0
Translocator 1.1.0.0
UnderGroundBiomes-0.3.4a
[1.5.1]ProjectBench-v1.7.3
appeng-rv10-g
buildcraft-A-3.5.0
ee3-universal-pre1g
extra-bees-1.6-pre2
forestry-A-2.1.2.28
iChunUtil1.0.0
immibis-core-54.0.1
immibis-peripherals-54.0.0
industrialcraft-2_1.115.290-lf
infinitubes-54.0.1
liquid-xp-54.0.1
thaumicbees-1.4.5a
twilightforest-1.17.1

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'll post Resonant Rise's packlist and config here shortly. But this is probably offtopic for FTB unless I can sell the FTB people on letting me maintain their pack using distribution permissions. An unlikely outcome. This is the packlist that I recorded with WayOfTime on recently. This list is out of date, but will suffice for now. Add in Gregtech 3.02c and a few other fun gems to get a picture of where it's going.

And increasingly, I think this pack is also what AdvancingCraft will run. It's most of what we want from AC and the things we decided we didn't like are removed. I even got Mekanism to work for realsies which is, if you have tried, actually really damn hard to do right now.

It's worth noting Atum, Atomic Science and MineChem play very well in these packs and most people don't realize that. You also may note that Iron Chests is not on this list; that is intentional. I like Metallurgy 3's chest system better.
I saw your let's play, and I'm looking forward to seeing more, well done. I think you mentioned that you had some issues getting everything to play nicely together, anything in particular to look out for? Also, I wonder if you have a link for IC2 that you could share; I didn't find it, although I didn't look very hard.