Mod Feedback [1.12][1.11.2][1.10.2][1.8.9][1.7.10] Dynamic Surroundings Info/Support

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
For those that use the Anarchy version of FoamFix you will need to either:
  • Use the "Legal" version of FoamFix instead
  • Disable core mod modification of BlockPos by changing the "optimizedBlockPos" in the FoamFix config file.
If you don't the client will crash with Dynamic Surroundings. You can track the issue at the FoamFix Github site.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Just pushed released versions of Dynamic Surroundings for Minecraft versions 1.11.2, 1.10.2, and 1.7.10!

1.10.2 / 1.11.2

What's New!
  • Added keybinding to toggle the block selection box on and off. The selection box is the black fence you see outlining a block in the world when you have the cursor on it. By default control is bound to the B key.
Fixes
  • Rearranged some code to improve mod compatibility "out of the box".
  • Don't allow AIR to be overwritten in the Acoustic registry. This is what was causing the "iron block" sound when walking on the edge of a block.
  • There were some reports of weather occurring underground in other places where it shouldn't. I changed the implementation of suspect area of code. If anyone sees the problem file an issue and we can go from there.

• Fixed crash on world load
  • Updated sounds to remove high pitched background "screech"

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
BETA v3.2.3.0 for Minecraft 1.10.2/1.11/1.11.2 is available!

What's New!
  • Support for Minecraft 1.11 versions for those that are still on 1.11.
  • Added armor overlay sounds. When moving about additional sounds will be mixed in based on armor being worn by the player.
  • Plains biome now has a background sound. Depending on mods installed prairies, grasslands, shrublands, etc. will also have the same sound.
Changes
  • Tweaks sound volumes and handling. Affected sounds:
    • dsurround:jungle - decreased volume
    • dsurround:bookshelf - decreased volume
  • Modified block effects. Affected blocks:
    • bookshelf - triggers 25% less
  • Redo of the Forest sounds. New background sound that is more "background", and added several additional spot sounds of birds. The goal was to minimize the repetitiveness of the prior sound clip. The bird calls in that sound clip were pretty up-front and contributed to the repetitive impression.
  • Updated underwater background sound for rivers, ocean, and deep ocean. Sounds better IMO.
  • Changed default footstep sound factor to 0.5 from 0.15. Should make footstep and armor sounds a bit louder. Note that this is a default meaning if you have an existing configuration the setting will remain at the currently defined value.
  • Updated ru_RU.lang

Reactions: Golrith

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Hello, I've been using this a bit, and I just have a little question about footstep sounds. I like most of the sounds in the mod(I've disabled a few, but most of them are nice), however I can't get myself to enjoy the new footstep sounds for stone. I disabled them, however the silence when I walk on stone now isn't great either. I'm wondering if there is a way to enable the old sounds for walking on stone, but leave the rest of the sounds on their newer versions?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
The sound for walking on stone didn't change. What version of the mod are you using?
whoops, I checked, and I was talking about the wrong sound. it's the "scraping" sound you sometimes get when walking on stone(maybe on other materials too, but i didn't hear it). also, I'm using 3.2.4.1

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Final stretch for v3.2.8.x for Minecraft 1.10.2/1.11.x!

Feature Summary
  • Armor Overlay - additional sounds will play while the player moves based on the armor worn
  • Footprint particle effect when walking across "soft" blocks
  • Facade support - sound based on the facade of EnderIO conduits
  • Overhaul of the fog system - cleaner transitions and better color blending
  • Added new Villager sounds when player is within a village radius
  • Light Level HUD for displaying block light levels around the player
  • Updated biome sounds

G

GiantG

Mod support is not include in the 1.8 und 1.7 version, but can (how) I use the 1.11 sounds and integrate them into the 1.7 , 1.8 version?

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Most of the 1.10.2/1.11.x sounds are in the 1.7.10 version. Only sounds that aren't in are ones for new features. I have not updated 1.8.9 in a while - it's not clear to me how popular that version is and so far no one has complained. :)

Which mod support are you interested in?

G

GiantG

At first Thank you! I like Tinker´s Construct and Pams Harvestcraft.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Which version of DS are you using? The newer 1.10.2/1.11.x has an option to turn on "quadruped" sound effects which is what I think you are looking for.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Dynamic Surroundings v3.4.5.3 released for 1.10.2/1.11.x!
  • Auroras are 100% client side! This means that the aurora effect will render even though a server may not have Dynamic Surroundings installed. The RNG is seeded with the current Minecraft day so all players would see a similar aurora.
  • Auroras render as a panorama in the northern sky rather than as bands hovering above the terrain. Gives more of the borealis feel I think.
  • Biome matching rules now use traits rather than regex matching based on name. Should provide better support for biomes that Dynamic Surroundings is not aware of.
  • Battle Music. Special music sound tracks will play when battle is taking place nearby. The Wither and Dragon have their own special music. Currently this feature is turned off by default.
  • Presets. Minecraft and Dynamic Surroundings configuration settings can be saved to external Json files and reloaded as needed. This allows you to save your configuration state, try out tweaks, and rollback changes as needed. These preset files can also be shared. Dialog can be accessed via mod configuration pages or hitting P in game.
  • Footprints, footsteps, and item use sounds are now coordinated between attached clients. This means you can see the prints and hear footsteps of other players walking around you.
  • F9 to show chunk borders. Shortcut for Minecraft's built-in chunk fence display (F3+G).
  • Volume quickset dialog activated by pressing V.
  • Stack of nether stars + creative mode allows you to inspect the Dynamic Surroundings configuration for in-world blocks. Useful when creating your own config files.
  • Clock HUD that renders when holding a Minecraft clock. Displays the current Minecraft Time of Day as well as the amount of time of the current Minecraft session.
  • Horseshoe print style for use in combination with....
  • Quadruped configuration option for those Bronies out there. Turning it on will make footstep sounds like a horse. Useful with Mine Little Pony.
  • Also added bird and animal footprint styles as well. Animal footprint looks good with Quadruped enabled as well.
  • Item equip sounds ala MAtmos. Swapping items in the hotbar as well as shield slot will trigger these sounds.
  • Rain water hitting liquid source blocks generate water ripples rather than rain splashes.
  • Daytime biome sound for bogs, fens, marshes, bayou etc.
  • Crow spot sound that will play in forest, bogs, fens, and various "dead" biomes.
  • Consolidated sound configuration dialog where you can set block, culling, and sound scale. Features a Play button so you can hear the sound.
  • Option to override Overworld sea level setting. Useful when using world gen mods such as Open Terrain Generator and Biome Bundle.
  • Option to disable the water suspend particle effect (those black wandering particles underwater).
  • Options to change Dynamic Surroundings command names and aliases. Useful when resolving command conflicts with servers and other mods.
  • Option to disable auto-restart of crashed sound system.
  • Turning off desert and biome fog effects will turn off all fog processing in Dynamic Surroundings. Intended to address compatibility issues with certain mod combinations, such as BoP + OptiFine + Dynamic Surroundings.
  • Per dimension configuration option to control dimension wide fog effects. Improves compatibility with mods like Galacticraft.
  • Bunch of performance/responsiveness tweaks.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Noticing a crash whenever I try to join a (locally hosted) server in the 1.12 version with both this mod clientside and serverside (for the cool rain stuff)

Paste of the crash log

Occasionally the game will let me join the server (~15% chance, seems to increase if I join a singleplayer world first - singleplayer works without issue) but usually the game just crashes.

Also noticed that rarely, footstep sounds will just randomly and completely stop working until the game is restarted. All other sounds work, just footstep sounds stop.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
The crash is fixed in my sandbox. My hope is to post an updated BETA later today. The footstep sounds just stopping - that is flat out weird. I haven't experienced this. Do you have a client log output for about the time this happens?

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
The crash is fixed in my sandbox. My hope is to post an updated BETA later today. The footstep sounds just stopping - that is flat out weird. I haven't experienced this. Do you have a client log output for about the time this happens?
I do not unfortunately, but honestly it's gonna be a little tricky to get one with the game crashing like this. If it happens again after the update releases, I'll try to get a log of it. ;o