[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Also, when I sleep on a bed, it says "Spawn set".
But when I `/spawn` I go to the server spawn.

`/ftb home/sethome/delhome' seems to manage a list of 100 homes. Does not include the above set spawn.
`/ftb warp/setwarp/delwarp` manages a list of 100 warps? These are server wide I think. Don't include above set spawn.
`/ftb back` takes you to your last death I think (one time)
`/ftb spawn` just takes you back to server (not bed) spawn.

So, how do I get back to my bed? (short of, presumably, killing myself).

Reactions: ICountFrom0

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
On previous playthroughs I managed (somehow) to get the "Acquire Hardware" vanilla achievement, which is "Smelt an Iron Ingot".
The entire Industrial Craft 2 achievement tree requires this to even get started.

As you must smelt ingots in a smeltery I can't seem to complete the lynchpin achievement in vanilla and none of my IC2 progress is tracking :/
--
Ah! You do get credit for Acquire Hardware if you manually claim an Iron Ingot from a smeltery table. And IC2 retroactively grants achievements locked in this way.

Last edited:
J

joakohammer560

when I get to spend an age I do not get the trophy, and the other trophies I got when destroying them with my hand disappear

Y

YoshiMunchakoop

Ive found a bug: Wintry Hives from Forestry spawn on the Advanced Rocketry Moon. Also if you use the clay bucket (for example when you put lava into the TConstruct smeltery) the whole bucket just dissapears from your inv (the lava appears in the smeltery tho so its ok, I mean, you find a lot of clay so its not really a problem).

Edit, it seems that the wintry hives also generate on Europe (jupiter moon). I think that they probably generate on other planets too.

Last edited:

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The forestry hive spawning sounds like a bug, but the clay bucket is intentional. It's meant to disappear when you've used it for lava.

C

carrolle21

Having read both pages maybe im missing something, but im definitely confused ... how exactly does one set this pack up? i was half expecting an ftb code for the launcher. you know ... seeing as how its posted on the FTB forums and all ...
I was thinking the same thing :mad: I dont want to have to download curse :oops:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking the same thing :mad: I dont want to have to download curse :oops:

I use MultiMC to play my modpacks.
I don't know if the latest versions still require you to enable the developer stream, but you can just drag the modpack zip you download from curse onto MultiMC and it will set up a profile for the modpack for you. (Just remember to set the memory allocation yourself)

Alternatively you can use @Vazkii's CMPDL tool off of GitHub to download packs and place them in manually created profiles in the vanilla launcher.

Reactions: zBob
D

Dakon

Since I started playing AoE, I am experiencing an issue.
After a few hours of playing I loose all permissions like changing to gamemode or accessing blocks/machines that belong to a user (which is acutally me). Sometimes new chunks are not loaded properly, meaning I can still walk on them but it is displaying just a void.
Multiple log-outs and log-ins seem to fix the issue temporary, but every time I log in, I find myself in the position in the world I was a few hours ago, with the inventory of that point in time. Ender chests are affected too, but normal chests and inventories of machines are fine, as is everything else in the world.
It is like the file saving informations about the player gets corrupted and with each new login the game tries to reset it to the last working version while keeping every other file.

I played vanilla and other mod packs before, but never had this issue. Other mod packs are running just fine.

It might have something to do with the fact that after I started playing AoE, I changed my official minecraft name, but ingame (in AoE) it seems like I kept my old name.

I am aware that this might not belong here, and I apologize in advance. Feel free to move/remove this post, but am grateful for every help / advice I can get.

Ormusn2o

Jul 29, 2019
What is the name of the mod in this modpack that does backups? I want to change some settings but have no idea what mod that is.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
What is the name of the mod in this modpack that does backups? I want to change some settings but have no idea what mod that is.

I believe it is FTB Utilities. I can't remember now if I did manage to alter that to how I wanted things to work, or if I justed added in Aroma Backup and configured that instead. Aroma Core is already there for the Dimensional Mining world so adding an additional client side mod was very easy.

J

JellyCat

This isn't a major issue, but when I tried to move my 2 trophies, the first one was destroyed! I still have the calculator trophy, but the hammer is just gone. Sad, because I wanted to make a li'l display case.

N

newlander007

Hi there,

I have AOE installed on my server, I just tried to make a Forge Hammer but it doesn't let me, It doesn't display any error or something. I just can't get it out of my workbench.
Any tips?

And yes I have completed the stone age.

Edit: added some more info

C

Chewbacca3123

I have a similar problem, everything that is related to the Mod "Immersive engineering" does not work on the server, it is supposed that I should not be able to cook iron in a normal oven and if it leaves me, and if I try to craft anything of this mod, the game does not give it to me.
Check the pack version.
Check the version of forge.
Check the server version.
Reinstall multiple times, both the server, the forge, and the pack itself.

Does anyone know why it might not work on a server?

Translated by Google Translate.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm just discovering this modpack after a very long hiatus from Minecraft, and the only thing I'm not liking is that I look absolutely ridiculous with a Santa hat and dragon wings. How do I get rid of them?

Krutontar

Jul 29, 2019
The santa hat and present chests go away after Xmas. Dunno about the wings.
Enjoy the pack. It was one of the best.