[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
If you need a way to bypass your sag mills check out ep40 of my LP. There are lots of things you want either sag'd, macerated or left alone. I did it with EnderIO advanced item filters mostly.

My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

I'll go check it out tonight. :) Thankyou.

I've figured out the RFTools scanner, terminal and tablets, very nice. Now I can access my stuff on the go.

The IE crusher has been dismantled for now and its bits put into storage, having served me very well.
I've build a - sort of - multiblock to replace it. Three maxed out SAG mills with Dark Steel balls and octadic capacitors being fed by round robin enabled exporter from the incoming enderchest, prefiltering being done with two EnderIO item buffers with advanced filters.

The SAG mills all feed into two crates (one ontop of the other) in a round-robbing fashion, on a dedicated channel.

The other part of the multiblock is 6 Alloy Smelters, three to a level, they all pull from the crate they are connected to and export out to the enderIO network on the dedicated (Black in my case) 'inventory channel', where their ingots get smelted.

Each of the two crates also has an export function on the dedicated inventory channel, with an advanced filter to pick up secondary from the SAG mills that don't get smelted, such as; sulphur, diamonds, emeralds, nether quarts, cobblestone, lapis and so forth, these end up going directly into storage, so they don't clutter up the crates, which serve as input buffers.

So far this setup copes very well with the flood of ores generated by the miner.

I'm sure there are better ways to do this, will be intrigued by options later on in the pack.

Power is holding up steady, but I need to avoid empowering things or spawning in mobs with powered spawners whilst the miner is running.

I might keep the Arc Smelter around, it's very handy for making bulk quantities of steel or other alloys as needed, as it does this very quickly.

mpeqCYp.png

fztAUJH.png

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:
Reactions: Ieldra
C

Closet Gamer

I'll go check it out tonight. :) Thankyou.

I've figured out the RFTools scanner, terminal and tablets, very nice. Now I can access my stuff on the go.

The IE crusher has been dismantled for now and its bits put into storage, having served me very well.
I've build a - sort of - multiblock to replace it. Three maxed out SAG mills with Dark Steel balls and octadic capacitors being fed by round robin enabled exporter from the incoming enderchest, prefiltering being done with two EnderIO item buffers with advanced filters.

The SAG mills all feed into two crates (one ontop of the other) in a round-robbing fashion, on a dedicated channel.

The other part of the multiblock is 6 Alloy Smelters, three to a level, they all pull from the crate they are connected to and export out to the enderIO network on the dedicated (Black in my case) 'inventory channel', where their ingots get smelted.

Each of the two crates also has an export function on the dedicated inventory channel, with an advanced filter to pick up secondary from the SAG mills that don't get smelted, such as; sulphur, diamonds, emeralds, nether quarts, cobblestone, lapis and so forth, these end up going directly into storage, so they don't clutter up the crates, which serve as input buffers.

So far this setup copes very well with the flood of ores generated by the miner.

I'm sure there are better ways to do this, will be intrigued by options later on in the pack.

Power is holding up steady, but I need to avoid empowering things or spawning in mobs with powered spawners whilst the miner is running.

I might keep the Arc Smelter around, it's very handy for making bulk quantities of steel or other alloys as needed, as it does this very quickly.

mpeqCYp.png

fztAUJH.png

-= Wuffle =- !
That sounds like a really neat way. I'm into applied energistics right now (new age) and I'm still sticking to a self contained EnderIO sorting system outside of this network to process the inputs from void miners - if it works don't fix it ;)

Your arc furnace will come in handy, its faster than a lot of machines and you can enchant the electrodes with unbreaking to make them last significantly longer

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
All right, things aren't quite as fast as I envisioned, since I found I need to build Mekanism thermal evaporation plants in for the creative gas tank. Also, I'm dithering, putting off the chaos dragon fight and making stuff I need later until I've watched DW20 doing the fight. Really, I HATE fighting and I'm really bad at it compared to your typical gamer - at least if you take people's bragging seriously. The only good fight, IMO, is one where you're so overpowered that the outcome is a foregone conclusion. As a sidenote: as a side effect of my working on the creative capacitor bank, I can now create an Ultimate Hybrid Solar Array, which makes 512 EU/t, in about 20 seconds, provided I use the Atomic multiplier to make the Sunnarium Alloy (which I do to save iridium - I'll need it all elsewhere). Also, since I must build the thermal evaporation plant and make D-T fuel anyway, I might as well set up a Mekanism fusion reactor. I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, a few impressions of my space station, from within this time. I'm quite glad my planning resulted in a station where I have no cramped space almost anywhere:

1. My bee and tree farming area. Tree farming is inactive atm since I don't need any more wood. Also, yeah, that are Gendustry machines. I followed Dw20's example here, dealing with bees without either Binnie's mods or Gendustry is not at all enjoyable, and I want to be independent from Earth, which also means independent from biomes. The carpenter in the foreground is busy making the scented panelings for the creative vending upgrade. I already have enough HDPE pellets, and Manyullyn is no problem either. Just the iridium may prove problematic.
601_Farming.jpg

2. Three of five liquids for the creative fluid tank. Short mead should prove no problem at all either, but I have no idea what "IC2 hot coolant" even is. I'll have to research - I highly suspect I'll have to set up my reactor again. Most annoying, but at least I have all the components and a large number of fuel rods stored. This room is my central autocrafting room. Behind the tanks is my AE2 pure crystal and singularity facility.
601_Liquids.jpg

3. My fusion crafting setup. I haven't automated anything except the Empowerer recipes, since I craft here either in batches or not at all, for instance I'm making Draconic Energy Cores in the Atomic Multiplier. Most annoying: one Empowerer recipe isn't carried over to the fusion crafter, so I had to set up the Empowerer temporarily again for the 64k Empowered Oil you need for the Creative Liquid Tank.
601_Fusion.jpg

4. My big dome with my artificial jungle biome. Once I've decided on how to close this area off, I'll put some jungle animals here (I have a few ocelots in soul vials). Also, unfortunately this area won't stay untouched by production technology, since this is the only place with enough headroom for thermal evaporation plants, even if I use the lower half of the dome as well. You may notice the pink and black texture in the background. My resource pack shows that for all Calculator's gem trees and all Tinkers' Construct slime trees, as well as for the normal bed cover. Very annoying.
601_Biome.jpg

5. Here's an example of my power transmission system. The core is at the centre and one of these energy pylons sits at each cardinal direction, and transfers RF power to the dome in that directions. For Mekanism power which I'm going to need to transmit while working on the Creative stuff, I'm going to use quantum entangloporters - I hope that will work. As an aside,
601_PowerTrans.jpg

6. I've set up my trophies in this radial corridor, if you can call it such. I think they look better here than anywhere else on the station. Unfortunately, the Age 3 trophy (Empowerer) vanished into the void, and I haven't found a way to get it back, neither legitimately nor by cheat.
601_Trophy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Here's a hypothesis about the odd fluctuations in solar power some people may experience on their space stations: some component influencing solar power output appears to use real-world day/night cycles. This affects both IC2 and ET solar power - IC2 solar panels either generate no power or 12.5% power, depending on technology, and ET solar array output is reduced by 25% - so it's unlikely to be mod-based. ET power output is not reduced to 0, so it's unlikely to be a "standard night". I suspect Advanced Rocketry does something fancy to light levels in space.

Also, to my horror, I find that I'll need 20 creative capacitor banks to finish the pack. Some of the components can be duplicated, but the big problem is the Solar Panel VI. It and its predecessor can't be duplicated, which means that I'll need to make 320 Solar Panel IVs. Some of the required resources for that are in the six-digit range. I have no idea how I'll get there in a reasonable amount of time. I wonder if it's possible to make a Draconic Reactor in this pack.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I seriously like the idea of the space-ship for End-Game. Those are insane amounts of resources! And here I am all chuffed with my quarry and a wall full of loot :) I'm sure you'll get it all done!

I have no idea what I will build at the later stages...

For now though, practicalities, I will closely look at the RFTOOLS CONTROL mod, it looks like an interesting way to make lots of things, I assume you have used this to bulk make things :)

Tomorrow night, time to start bulk production of bits for the mega solar panel for IC2.

Still trying to get myself into next age :)

-= Wuffle =- !

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For now though, practicalities, I will closely look at the RFTOOLS CONTROL mod, it looks like an interesting way to make lots of things, I assume you have used this to bulk make things :)
No, I've used the RFTools autocrafter for that. RFTools Control I used to automate the production of entangled singularities. Though now that you've mentioned it, using RFTools Control may have gotten me around the problem with the RE batteries.

Also, it appears you *can* make a draconic reactor in this pack. At least there are workable recipes for all components I need according to a video. That would be....like...500000 RF/t using negligible amounts of awakened draconium, which I can, of course, duplicate for a fraction of the power the reactors make of it. I guess I'll be running multiple Atomic Multipliers the next time I have significant time for AoE. May be a few days.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Having a quiet one this evening, I am bulk crafting stacks of empowered blocks of each type, am crafting 32 x machine frames and then making 32 machine chassis, which should see me through RFTools machine requirements (hopefully).

Iq67jmm.png

Also setting up Teleporting, a dialler, and an advanced charged porter to help me move around faster.

Will also see about getting into the Deep Dark, I always find that a fun place to mine.

Are there any BIG multiblock tanks we can build? I would like to build a big 'Liquid Farm' zone near my primary base, I used do to this in the old RailCraft days.

Speaking of which, I might set up a bunch of farms and animal breeding, just because I like farms.

-= Wuffle -= !

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have now replaced my Extreme Reactor with....a more extreme reactor:
601_DEReactor1.jpg

And it appears I found a relatively good stable spot at high output that only requires occasional adjustment to avoid...not an accident, but too much inefficiency:
601_DEReactor2.jpg

This is how things look at my power core. I still can't run my Atomic Multiplier constantly - reactor output increases with time, so I might as yet get there - but I have seven times as much powergen as with a tier 4 ET solar array:
601_DEReactor3.jpg

Edit:
Well.....I wouldn't have needed this thing since the Creative Capacitor Bank outputs up to 500kRF/t, which is more than the DE Reactor. But hey, it was fun to build.

Last edited:

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
NOTICE: Please read the end of this short(ish) post before replying. I don't mean to offend anyone.

I am basically finished with Age of Engineering pack, unless I start over again. I did more than I thought I ever would, and even though I never got any of the Creative items, I never expected to go that far either. I've more or less avoided a mod required to finish all the Creative items, and grinding was never fun for me, even automated grinding.

At any rate, I read this forum on my phone during downtime at work. There hasn't been as much downtime the last few months, which means I finished the pack before I got thru all the discussion here. Then, when I was done, I kept seeing all these incredibly detailed posts about every nuance of the game, and it annoyed me a bit. I had to figure out a lot of stuff on my own, without any input or screenshots from others. Some of the stuff I did that way ended up being really slick and streamlined, but much of it was tedious and/or a waste of my time.

Anyway, the last few days something has changed and I've really come to enjoy the posts here lately. (The fact that I'm done playing, but still reading the posts here is amazing to me.) Nearly everyone who has posted recently has inspired me, and I think I was annoyed earlier because I was jealous of the conversation that I missed the first time around. I'm not ready to dive into the pack again yet, but once I am, I'm going to start reading here again to implement some of the ideas.

Thanks to everyone playing now who is keeping the pack alive. (Even those cheaters using Gendustry) :)

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019

Well.....I wouldn't have needed this thing since the Creative Capacitor Bank outputs up to 500kRF/t, which is more than the DE Reactor. But hey, it was fun to build.

The...Shinnies.... The sparkles.....

That is just... seriously insane, it's like a small star being used for power! And you've got it.. ON A SPACE SHIP!

I want one..... ;-)

I've got the resources about lined up for the mega EU/T Solar thing, start assembling it all tomorrow night!

Currently at Age 7, looking to try to push to Age 8 now.

Second quarry site is running, so far base is keeping everything powered and the new ore processing system is coping nicely with the throughput.

Made 64 RFTOOLS machine cases, just so I can make .. things.

I've decided to build another building, for making things Nuclear, because.. well, it's nuclear and nuclear things need their own building, I'm sure it's got nothing to do with what happened the last time Wuffle tried to go big with an IC2 Nuke reactor...next to a village...

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
601_DEReactor1.jpg

And it appears I found a relatively good stable spot at high output that only requires occasional adjustment to avoid...not an accident, but too much inefficiency:
601_DEReactor2.jpg
Ooft. Just looking at that thing gives me the shivers.

I can't see myself ever building one. When the consequences of failure are SO severe, I can't see how its ever worth it!

Reactions: Ieldra
S

SnowZA

Yea, once you can make creative capacitor banks, the reactor becomes a bit pointless as a power generator, but man, it really looks cool. I will probably also make one when I get that far, just for the experience of making one. I've never done it before...

DireWorlf made one to blow up his base with at the end of his playthrough - that thing does a LOT of damage when it goes...

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive Engineering tanks hold 512 buckets if that is enough for your needs, after that Tinkers' Tanks and Mekanism Dynamic Tanks come to mind.

Thanks, much appreciated!

I Am about to venture into a big expansion of the base, a Nuclear / Big reactor power building thing and a big open area filled with tanks loaded up with liquids all various sorts, There's just something about a huge tank with bright green glowing XP fluid in it. :)

I'm also going to build a central (sort of) building to house my RFTools teleport bits, then gardens around it all, should be fun!

Will post screenies after build this weekend.

But first order of business is serious EU/T generation as per Ieldra's post earlier.

-= Wuffle =- !

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ooft. Just looking at that thing gives me the shivers.

I can't see myself ever building one. When the consequences of failure are SO severe, I can't see how its ever worth it!
It isn't as bad as people say. Once you have it stable - which is not hard if you follow this guide, the temperature goes down slowly, so there's no chance it'll blow up from losing containment unless you make a wrong adjustment for efficiency (for which there is a temptation, yes), and in order to avoid the explosion at the other end - when it's running out of fuel and output approaches infinity - there's a failsafe mode. You have more to worry about inefficiency than accidents. It might be odd to talk about inefficiency concerning a generator that consumes fuel by the nanobucket, but then not all packs give you the power to replicate dragon hearts.

Having said that, I shut it down again after adding another 3 creative capacitor banks to my power generation. It's constantly on your mind otherwise unless you have a program to control it. Unfortunately, neither ComputerCraft nor OpenComputers is in the pack (one wonders why, btw). I'll turn it on again for my final sequence of screenshots. Maybe next week.

@WuffleFluffy
Yeah, it does look really nice. An old SF series I recall from very long ago had a device that used miniature black holes for power generation. This reminds me of that.

BTW, when I get home later this day it's quite possible that my tier 7 energy core is full, and I won't need to worry about running four Atomic Multipliers..... I've been multiplying resources like crazy since I'll need 20 creative capacitor banks, among other things more complicated but less resource-intensive - in order to finish the pack and continue with some cosmetic, and maybe a Mekanism fusion reactor, before I leave AoE behind.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It's constantly on your mind otherwise unless you have a program to control it.
I think that's the crux of why I wouldn't - I have enough on my mind at the best of times ;)

An old SF series I recall from very long ago had a device that used miniature black holes for power generation. This reminds me of that.
I wonder what that was? I know Romulan Warbirds had artificial singularities for their power source, but I'm struggling to find any others.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The...Shinnies.... The sparkles.....

That is just... seriously insane, it's like a small star being used for power! And you've got it.. ON A SPACE SHIP!

I want one..... ;-)
All you need to do is kill the chaos dragon.... Which I found to be...well...not enjoyable at all since it punishes the "careful and slow" approach to fighting I not only prefer, but have no choice but to adopt because of some odd condition that gives me a trembling mouse hand in boss fights fights in video games if they get stressful - and in no other situation.

Made 64 RFTOOLS machine cases, just so I can make .. things.
I'm not sure if you'll never need them all, but I recognize the style. It's too annoying running around between 12 different machines every time you need another machine frame, so make a batch and you can forget about the horrible procedure for a long time.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I wonder what that was? I know Romulan Warbirds had artificial singularities for their power source, but I'm struggling to find any others.
It's older than Star Trek, and not TV but written. The German Perry Rhodan series started 1961 - and it's still running. I left it behind but I recall enough, and fondly enough, to occasionally get nostalgic. It had some SF themes in its early decades which I liked a great deal, but which have gone out of fashion since then, to my regret.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
My second Quarry run has completed, and I am sitting on top of a massive amount of resources (well, for me anyway).

I'm building my 'Big Reactor thing' building now. However I think I need to begin thinking about Iridium, which seems to show up in those big solar panel recipes.

I've made my first iridium piece with the replicator.

But EU2 power is my Achilles heel, I've never really gotten IC2 power sorted out, the High Voltage solar array is going to take AGES to craft :(

I need to boost EU2 power before I try to build nuclear power simply because running the machines to make fuel rods etc eats up a lot of power.

-= Wuffle =- !