[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
My second Quarry run has completed, and I am sitting on top of a massive amount of resources (well, for me anyway).

I'm building my 'Big Reactor thing' building now. However I think I need to begin thinking about Iridium, which seems to show up in those big solar panel recipes.

I've made my first iridium piece with the replicator.

But EU2 power is my Achilles heel, I've never really gotten IC2 power sorted out, the High Voltage solar array is going to take AGES to craft :(

I need to boost EU2 power before I try to build nuclear power simply because running the machines to make fuel rods etc eats up a lot of power.

-= Wuffle =- !

A good way to produce EU is to use Forestry Bio generators, 1 produces 16 EU/t if you use IE ethanol or Forestry Biofuel.
A good way to produce the IE Ethanol is with watermelons, a cloche produces them really fast. I used 6 Bio Generators to run all the machines brfore, than i switched to advanced generators which are craftable after you got some pieces of plutonium, these are more effective them, but you need a nuclear reactor to get those.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
But EU2 power is my Achilles heel, I've never really gotten IC2 power sorted out, the High Voltage solar array is going to take AGES to craft :(

I need to boost EU2 power before I try to build nuclear power simply because running the machines to make fuel rods etc eats up a lot of power.
Here's how I made my first HV solar array: I automated two metal formers for batch processing and let them make the copper wires, tin plates/casings and iron plates you need. I also automated an Extractor for batch processing and let it make the rubber. I don't recall if other machines were required, but if so, I did the same with them. Machine processing is a bottleneck at this point. The machines' output was routed into drawers, so that I could go off and do something else in the meantime. The drawers require an iron storage upgrade, the one for the copper wires an iron and an obsidian storage upgrade, in order to be able to store all the stuff you need. Then I put up an RFTools autocrafter, programmed it for the rest of the crafting chain for a simple solar panel and piped the crafted intermediate items into the autocrafter. I had a small hiccup with the RE batteries, and I had to make them manually, but otherwise things went well. Should you run into the same problem, remember to take the RE batteries out of the crafting station by with a simple left-click or consecutively by right-click. Don't use shift+leftclick because then the batteries won't stack.

After I had the solar panels, I think I made the transformers manually, but I don't recall exactly, it may be I also automated the LV transformers. You need 64 of them after all.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to you both :)

I've gone off and batched up most of the raw materials, I just put crates in front of various IC2 machines and used an item pulling upgrade in each machine to drag in all the bits from the crate.

Then I set up an RFTOOLS auto crafter, dropped a crate behind it and then fiddled with conduit filters on Ender IO item conduits, nice way to make the 1024 basic circuits, 512 iron casings etc etc.

I'm working my way through all the bits, I managed to get crop sticks a week or so ago with my IC2 base that is sending over rubber via EnderChest.

I burned through my processed materials and will need to leave the IC2 machines running till tomorrow night to catch up.

Just waiting for the 1500+ iron plates to turn the iron furnaces + batteries into generators which is also waiting on the 2000+ tin casings to be made up to form the RE batteries (Which stack into groups of 16, so 512 of them will be 32 stacks, which will fit into the medium crate I'm using as a bits and pieces buffer).

I have actually worked out a way of completely automating this, including smelting all the bits and then sending to the autocrafter, using Integrated Dynamics but the build would be quite involved, i'd spend more time on the build than... the build, but it's something I might toy with.

So tomorrow night i'll have the High Voltage Solar thing and 512 EU/tick, which will finally allow me to start making serious EU matter, or seriously overclocking my IC2 machines.

Then, I might make another one of these things, given that the resources are all here, maybe go for 2048 EU/tick? Then go for some insane overclocks and 24 x 7 UU Matter Generation, that'll come down to tuning the recyclers to keep the UU matter going 24 x 7 as it's set to only generate UU matter if there's scrap in the machine.

uq4oDrv.png

-= Wuffle =- !

Reactions: Ieldra

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks to you both :)

I've gone off and batched up most of the raw materials, I just put crates in front of various IC2 machines and used an item pulling upgrade in each machine to drag in all the bits from the crate.

Then I set up an RFTOOLS auto crafter, dropped a crate behind it and then fiddled with conduit filters on Ender IO item conduits, nice way to make the 1024 basic circuits, 512 iron casings etc etc.

I'm working my way through all the bits, I managed to get crop sticks a week or so ago with my IC2 base that is sending over rubber via EnderChest.

I burned through my processed materials and will need to leave the IC2 machines running till tomorrow night to catch up.

Just waiting for the 1500+ iron plates to turn the iron furnaces + batteries into generators which is also waiting on the 2000+ tin casings to be made up to form the RE batteries (Which stack into groups of 16, so 512 of them will be 32 stacks, which will fit into the medium crate I'm using as a bits and pieces buffer).

I have actually worked out a way of completely automating this, including smelting all the bits and then sending to the autocrafter, using Integrated Dynamics but the build would be quite involved, i'd spend more time on the build than... the build, but it's something I might toy with.

So tomorrow night i'll have the High Voltage Solar thing and 512 EU/tick, which will finally allow me to start making serious EU matter, or seriously overclocking my IC2 machines.

Then, I might make another one of these things, given that the resources are all here, maybe go for 2048 EU/tick? Then go for some insane overclocks and 24 x 7 UU Matter Generation, that'll come down to tuning the recyclers to keep the UU matter going 24 x 7 as it's set to only generate UU matter if there's scrap in the machine.

uq4oDrv.png

-= Wuffle =- !
LOL, this looks very familiar.

BTW, I must say I learned a lot about IC2 playing this pack. For instance, how to configure ejection/pulling upgrades for specific sides. I didn't even know that was possible before - and it means that IC2 machines are as easily automatable as EnderIO machines. I also learned that you can made facades for IC2 cable with construction foam. You can't paint these facades except in simple colors, but in my space station environment, which is mostly light grey aluminium, the standard color works quite well. Besides IC2, I also learned a lot about Minecraft in general and about some other mods.

As for my progress, I made two creative fluid tanks (Yay, another trophy!). Not only will I use these for the Creative Vending Upgrade, but they make my life easier while doing the creative gas tank(s). Most of the gases are no problem, but the osmium slurry requires sulfuric acid, which is made in a three-step process IIRC. The creative fluid tanks won't reduce the complexity of the crafting, but it means I can move on after having made one bucket of any liquid involved in the chain. Thanks to the creative power cubes, I can also build a production facility anywhere without having to worry about where the next power generation facility is.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
This complicated-looking setup is making four of the five gases for the creative gas tank - ethylene I could take from my power generation setup. The thermal evaporation tower is somewhere else, with the brine being transported here by Ender tank. The tank on the right has Clean Osmium Slurry, the one in the back behind the gas pipe has sodium, the one in the floor on the left hydrogen chloride, and D-T-fuel is under the floor. D-T-fuel is taking the longest because of the slow speed creating the lithium - well, until I used a quantum generator and 12 overclocking upgrades.
601_Gases2.jpg

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
D-T-fuel is taking the longest because of the slow speed creating the lithium - well, until I used a quantum generator and 12 overclocking upgrades.
I'm intrigued - how did a quantum generator and overclockers help with lithium?

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that's awesome Ieldra :) I am intrigued to see what awaits me further up the tech tree :) I'm betting you've been through some very, very deep rabbit holes lol.

Those are some serious builds you've got going there!

Waaaaaay back where I am, I am very pleased to report that my first ever High Voltage Solar Array is up and running!

="Tadaaa! Now I have EU/Tick to finally get serious about making UU matter 24 x 7"]
nNeSH8U.png

The 'Thump, Thump, Bang' of the recyclers all banging away sounds like a big heart beat lol.

I'm seriously thinking of making three more of these to take power up to 2048 EU/T and an MFSU to handle it all.

All power cables have been replaced by glass fibre and all machines are maxed out in terms of voltage tiers.

The recyclers are keeping the UU generator going about 75% to 80% of the time, I think a second 512 EU/T solar panel
will bring in enough power to overclock the recyclers enough to keep the UU generator going 100% of the time, this should help
with UU matter, I just know i'm going to need a lot of this to make more Iridium.

-= Wuffle =-!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm intrigued - how did a quantum generator and overclockers help with lithium?
Here's the long explanation:

Lithium (gas) can be made two ways: process liquid lithium made from brine in a Thermal Evaporation Plant in a Rotary Condensentrator, or simply run IC2 lithium dust through a Chemical Oxidizer. There were several reasons to use IC2 lithium as a source: I didn't need another space-devouring TEP, I had one step less in the processing chain, the infrastructure to make IC2 lithium was already in place since I'd been using it for empowering diamantine, I had a lot of nether quartz and nether quartz ore (about 16k ore, with 6-8 quartz per ore gained in an Enrichment Factory), and I had run out of Calculator Energy Modules and hadn't automated their crafting (my primary source had been the analyzing chamber), so making four more (Mekanism) advanced solar generators for the TEP would've been time-consuming and annoying since the modules don't stack.

However, you get IC2 lithium dust as one tiny pile per four Nether quartz so a lot of quartz had to be processed for the several stacks of lithium dust you need to fill a basic gas tank with D-T-fuel. I think it was 8 stacks, which meant 18432 quartz. I had a lot of quartz, but my automated thermal centrifuge operated at just 512 EU/t on a normal tier 3 power line - much too slow for that much quartz. So I made a dedicated setup, consisting of another thermal centrifuge, two crates and a Quantum Generator. I put three transformer upgrades, an ejector upgrade, a pulling upgrade and 12 overclockers into the centrifuge and set the Quantum Generator to max tier and 32kEU/t output. Now the process was reasonably fast - at two tiny lithium piles made from 8 quartz per second the process was finished in about 40 minutes.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the guide... for Age 7, It recommends going nuclear.

So, that's where I'm going.. I'M GOI'N NUCULAR!

Of course those who are worried about Wuffle messing about with glowing green fuel cells should probably look away about now....

Gv8aBsR.png

-= Wuffle =- !

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's the long explanation:

Lithium (gas) can be made two ways: process liquid lithium made from brine in a Thermal Evaporation Plant in a Rotary Condensentrator, or simply run IC2 lithium dust through a Chemical Oxidizer. There were several reasons to use IC2 lithium as a source: I didn't need another space-devouring TEP, I had one step less in the processing chain, the infrastructure to make IC2 lithium was already in place since I'd been using it for empowering diamantine, I had a lot of nether quartz and nether quartz ore (about 16k ore, with 6-8 quartz per ore gained in an Enrichment Factory), and I had run out of Calculator Energy Modules and hadn't automated their crafting (my primary source had been the analyzing chamber), so making four more (Mekanism) advanced solar generators for the TEP would've been time-consuming and annoying since the modules don't stack.

However, you get IC2 lithium dust as one tiny pile per four Nether quartz so a lot of quartz had to be processed for the several stacks of lithium dust you need to fill a basic gas tank with D-T-fuel. I think it was 8 stacks, which meant 18432 quartz. I had a lot of quartz, but my automated thermal centrifuge operated at just 512 EU/t on a normal tier 3 power line - much too slow for that much quartz. So I made a dedicated setup, consisting of another thermal centrifuge, two crates and a Quantum Generator. I put three transformer upgrades, an ejector upgrade, a pulling upgrade and 12 overclockers into the centrifuge and set the Quantum Generator to max tier and 32kEU/t output. Now the process was reasonably fast - at two tiny lithium piles made from 8 quartz per second the process was finished in about 40 minutes.
Ah of course! I'd completely forgot about the tiny piles, cheers for the explanation @Ieldra :) That's cool!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm betting you've been through some very, very deep rabbit holes lol.
You could say that, though in this case it's a familiar hole. I love Mekanism. I may curse through my teeth at times because its machines are harder to automate than IC2's or EnderIOs, but I like the style, the sound of the machines and the processing. Here, I'm familiar with things because sodium, hydrogen chloride and slurry are part of Mekanism's x5 ore processing chain. I'm thinking of making a full-fledged tier 4 processing setup just for the fun of it, since the most difficult parts are already done.

The problem with Mekanism's gas and fluid processing machines is that they're all sided. For instance, if you make hydrogen chloride, you must always put in hydrogen on the left, chlorine on the right and pull out hydrogen chloride from the front. Add that you can't prevent gas and fluid pipes from connecting to each other, so you must take care where you place your piping, and multi-machine setups take some serious planning to set up in a reasonably compact way. The sidedness makes it possible to make the machines look less like blocks, but for the same reason it's almost impossible to make a multi-machine setup look neat. I have a few ideas to improve this setup though.

Waaaaaay back where I am, I am very pleased to report that my first ever High Voltage Solar Array is up and running![...]I'm seriously thinking of making three more of these to take power up to 2048 EU/T and an MFSU to handle it all.
That's what I did, eventually. It costs a veritable shitload of resources, but it's all standard metals and rubber, of which it's always possible to get more with an RFTools builder quarry and a tree farm.
BTW, I can feel your elation. Having that first HV solar was such a relief for my IC2 setup. That's one thing I've always disliked a great deal about IC2, how extraordinarily hard it is to get significant levels of power generation.

The recyclers are keeping the UU generator going about 75% to 80% of the time, I think a second 512 EU/T solar panel
will bring in enough power to overclock the recyclers enough to keep the UU generator going 100% of the time, this should help
with UU matter, I just know i'm going to need a lot of this to make more Iridium.
Iridium is made more efficiently from iron in the molecular transformer. It looks as if it's expensive, but in the best case (meaning 100% scrap usage), 1mB of UU-matter costs 166000 EU to make, and you'll need 120 per piece of iridium ore. That makes 20 million EU per piece of iridium. In the molecular transformer it costs "just" 9 million.
What you'll want to make from UU-matter is machine chassis (EnderIO), machine frames (RFTools), Advanced Machine Casings (IC2), Basic Capacitors (EnderIO), Sturdy Casings (Forestry), for these are all cheap, and maybe Plutonium (IC2, if you haven't had your reactors running for long enough when you need it) or even pellets of RTG fuel, though those are expensive.

Besides, I put 2048 EU/t into a four recycler/one matter fabricator setup and couldn't get enough scrap to have some in the matter fabricator all the time. It was close, though. I think 95% of the time. It's probably easier with more recyclers, but then ejector and pulling upgrades aren't enough any more to get the scrap into the fabricator. I'm not sure if conduits can be made fast enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You could say that, though in this case it's a familiar hole. I love Mekanism. I may curse through my teeth at times because its machines are harder to automate than IC2's or EnderIOs, but I like the style, the sound of the machines and the processing. Here, I'm familiar with things because sodium, hydrogen chloride and slurry are part of Mekanism's x5 ore processing chain. I'm thinking of making a full-fledged tier 4 processing setup just for the fun of it, since the most difficult parts are already done.

The problem with Mekanism's gas and fluid processing machines is that they're all sided. For instance, if you make hydrogen chloride, you must always put in hydrogen on the left, chlorine on the right and pull out hydrogen chloride from the front. Add that you can't prevent gas and fluid pipes from connecting to each other, so you must take care where you place your piping, and multi-machine setups take some serious planning to set up in a reasonably compact way. The sidedness makes it possible to make the machines look less like blocks, but for the same reason it's almost impossible to make a multi-machine setup look neat. I have a few ideas to improve this setup though.
This is true. Some things can be changed, but most can't - I had a huge amount of fun setting up automation of Mekanism machines in Regrowth, that said! I think the pipes (or some of them) were compatible with covers in forge multipart, which could be used to separate them, but that was in 1.7.10. I do think Mek's logistical sorters and colourable pipes and machine inputs can go a long way towards helping with automation, but as far as I know there's no way to save the filters and stuff you set in the Sorter, which means its a pain if you need to break and replace it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Some impressions of my progress....

1. I placed some Mekanism solars out here. Power is transported to the consumers by Quantum Entangloporter. Also, I'm wondering if the connecting elements look better as aluminium scaffolding instead of aluminium sheetmetal. So far they're a mix of both.
601_MekSolar.jpg

2. My gas production setup is now more compact and makes all five gases for the creative gas tank - and some auxiliary power:
601_Gases11.jpg

601_Gases12.jpg

3. Waiting for my arc furnace to finish the last Manyullyn ingots...
601_Endgame.jpg

4. Annnnd.....I have officially finished the pack! I haven't finished my space station though. There are a few things to do before it looks as I want it. Making things more neat, add some cosmetics, and so on.
601_TheEnd.jpg

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Some impressions of my progress....

1. I placed some Mekanism solars out here. Power is transported to the consumers by Quantum Entangloporter. Also, I'm wondering if the connecting elements look better as aluminium scaffolding instead of aluminium sheetmetal. So far they're a mix of both.
601_MekSolar.jpg

2. My gas production setup is now more compact and makes all five gases for the creative gas tank - and some auxiliary power:
601_Gases11.jpg

601_Gases12.jpg

3. Waiting for my arc furnace to finish the last Manyullyn ingots...
601_Endgame.jpg

4. Annnnd.....I have officially finished the pack! I haven't finished my space station though. There are a few things to do before it looks as I want it. Making things more neat, add some cosmetics, and so on.
601_TheEnd.jpg
Congrats dude! :) well done!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Well done!!! :)

Epic :)

3eZ6PnA.png

sV4D8Ms.png

UAJiO6K.png

RIghto... Nuclear reactor time. I did this a long time ago and got a lot of help from the very kind people here, i'll try to dig up the posting.

Goggling around, revealed a video from a chap called 'SystemCollapse', who does a nice little video on a nuclear reactor.

The design I'm going to use initially is known as a 'Mark I EB' reactor, which will produce 420 EU/T. Apparently this is not a super efficient reactor, but produces quite a bit of EU/T and will help me with plutonium production, also I'm sitting on THOUSANDS of blocks of unprocessed Uranium.

Here's where I downloaded the Reactor planner from, a very handy person named 'MauveCloud', nice work!

https://github.com/MauveCloud/Ic2ExpReactorPlanner/releases

Here is the code for the Mark I EB reactor:

030C0D140D0D0C0D15150C0D0D0C0D0D030D150D030D0D030D0D0C0C0D0D0C0D0D0C0D150D030D0D030D0D030D150D0C150D0C150D0C

You can copy / paste this into the reactor planner to save all that clicking (or misclicking....in my case).

Here's a screenies showing all the bits and components needed.

aid41Zi.png

Disclaimer!
Please note, i'm NOT an expert on reactors, this is just what I've seen on the internet, I'll amend the design if it needs design (or if you know about this stuff, please correct me where i'm wrong!).

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for consecutive posting.

OK, got it all up and running :) Full automation of Uranium enrichment, fuel rod creation, inserting into reactor and removing of spent fuel rods for further processing.
The RFTOOLS auto crafter has made another appearance, these things are just too handy.

Everything goes into the crate (which I might replace with something more in keeping with the IC2 Theme), uranium ore, empty fuel cells, plates.

As you can probably guess, I'm using quite a few filters on EnderIO item conduits to move everything around. The Electronic Item Sorter is being used in place of a conduit between the Thermal centrifuge and the auto crafter.

Processed uranium is purified, them run through the centrifuge, the RFTOOLS auto crafter then makes the enriched fuel, which is send to the canning machine, which has been given empty fuel rods that were inserted into the crate. The resulting Uranium fuel rod is them sent back to the RFTOOLS auto crafter, which then uses these and the plates to make quad fuel rods.

These rods are then inserted into the reactor by EnderIO conduits, on the same channel spent quad fuel rods are extracted and ultimately returned to the crate, where i'll do something with them, I think (from what I've read) that this is where you can get plutonium, from these spent rods.

For now, an MFE is controlling the reactor, I'm going to have to figure out the nicest way to get power out, I will see if IC2 has a means of teleporting power, of I'll just have to run some cable over to my main building to provide more power as well as powering the uranium processing (which uses Solar power until the reactor is hooked up).

0V53lgC.png

I've left room in this building for another reactor to go in, maybe this one will process spent fuel rods?

So, hopefully I can just leave this running, hook it up to my IC2 power grid (making sure all machine have enough transformer upgrades in place), and I'll have more power and start processing lots of fuel.

UZmQuKb.png

Got my second reactor going, lots of quad fuel cells going now, the UU maker back in the main base is consuming vast sums of power now, and is running with scrap 100% of the time now.

My total EU power output is about 1300-1400 EU/T.

These damned mobs, keep running into my base...

Hmmmm... wonder if I should build the IE sentry guns?

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Still lots to do on my space station:
-switch everything over to Mekanism metals, meaning many recipe changes in my AE2 system
-add factory upgrades to some of my Mekanism machines which hadn't had them so far.
-build another set of TEPs just in case I decide to make a Mekanism fusion reactor
-clean up my drawer storage - it's occasionally confusing, so I give everything an emerald upgrade. I also move stuff around, swich oredict versions, remove redundancies, etc.. A giant task, and a boring one, sadly.
-ET void miners get maximum speed upgrades. Wow, that's impressive.
-Make my cobbleworks switchable
-Change my honey tank. Perhaps one should check if all glass walls exist before suspecting a bug when the tank doesn't form. That structural glass is so transparent it's almost invisible.
-Move all IE multiblocks except the metal presses to their own lower dome
-Encase my Wither cage so it looks good.
-Cosmetic changes to my mob farm
-Add a giant crafting CPU so I can make creative capacitor banks in AE2.
-Make my void miners switchable from inside the station
-Turn all my power cells into advanced powercells so that the void ore miner gets enough power to run at maximum speed.
-Make a machine infuser and Infuse all my remaining powercells.
-Make a powered spawner for every mob from which I might need resources.
-put acceleration upgrades on all my molecular assemblers and some other AE2 machines.

...and so on. I'm sure I forgot a handful of things.

My goal, as far as functionality goes, is to be able to make everything I have been making more than once in the course of the game by a call to the AE system, with no resources ever required from outside the station and with no creative powers used except for power, water and things it's impossible to make on board. The only items of that latter category are, as far as I have been able to determine, the metals you only get from other planets. The void miners don't get me those, annoyingly. Current objective: the dimension builder. Why, oh why didn't I duplicate the peace essence when I got it. Ah well, I'd want powered spawners for all those mobs anyway. Fortunately I already have them of the most elusive ones.

@WuffleFluffy :
Seems you're making good progress! Yeah, mobs are annoying, that's why I make an extensive network of travel anchors so I didn't need to go outside except for collecting stuff. Once in space, mobs are of no concern. There is no natural spawn out here, thankfully.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
@Ieldra:
Sounds like you've got a lot of things to get stuck into :)
I suspect achieving the last goal of the pack is really an opportunity to reinvent everything lol.

As for me, this morning my two reactors have created 14 spent Quad Uranium Rods between them, I'm still sitting on many thousands of ores of Uranium though ... ;-)

Looking at the JEI for these, it looks like this is how I get plutonium and something called MOX fuel.
I am assuming that this is where IC2 nuclear power gets a bit tricky, as I think this will require a new reactor of some sort to use the MOX fuel.
The MOX fuel also looks like a good way to use up all that Uranium 238 that's building up in my RFTOOLS auto crafter.

I can also build something called an RTG (Radio Thermic Generator?) which looks like it's used for power and a crafting recipe.

I will update my IC2 Nuke building's routing to begin processing the spent fuel rods.

P.S. I'm trying to get a shader pack working, I had one going before but can't remember how to do it....

EDIT.

Mox fuel rods now being created, first quad cell MOX cell ready, I need to work out now which type of reactor I want to build, a pressure vessel reactor or a MOX specific high temperature reactor?

Had some odd problems with EnderIO this morning, for some strange reason my second reactor was not getting new fuel rods, but was extracting spent fuel rods.... I had to break the EnderIO conduits at both my RFTOOLS auto crafter and then my second reactor in order for it to start working again.

Also, twice now, my EnderIO power system randomly stops supplying some machines with power, despite there being plenty of it, perhaps there's a problem if you have too large a network?

Breaking and re-attaching the conduit to the problematic machine seems to solve the problem.

So, I've got about 6000 Mb of UU matter, have made my first batch of basic capacitors in the replicator as advised earlier in this thread to do, made things so much easier.

I think i'll go for the big IC2 liquid reactor, it looks like a fun build...

I guess the idea is to use the MOX fuel to heat up the liquid (is that a good use for MOX fuel rods?), then generate super heated steam, then run that through some kind of turbine?

-= Wuffle =-

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Ieldra:
Sounds like you've got a lot of things to get stuck into :)
I suspect achieving the last goal of the pack is really an opportunity to reinvent everything lol.

As for me, this morning my two reactors have created 14 spent Quad Uranium Rods between them, I'm still sitting on many thousands of ores of Uranium though ... ;-)

Looking at the JEI for these, it looks like this is how I get plutonium and something called MOX fuel.
I am assuming that this is where IC2 nuclear power gets a bit tricky, as I think this will require a new reactor of some sort to use the MOX fuel.
The MOX fuel also looks like a good way to use up all that Uranium 238 that's building up in my RFTOOLS auto crafter.

I can also build something called an RTG (Radio Thermic Generator?) which looks like it's used for power and a crafting recipe.

I will update my IC2 Nuke building's routing to begin processing the spent fuel rods.

-= Wuffle =-
I do not recommend using up your plutonium for MOX fuel. You'll need one item of "pellets of RTG fuel" for each Extreme Reactors fuel rod, and every such item requires 3 plutonium - and you'll need a reasonably big Extreme reactor in order to make the cyanite that will give you the Blutonium (!) that will go into the Ludicrite blocks required to craft Wyvern Cores. And you'll need a lot of those. I made a Extreme Reactor with 9x7 fuel rods, which means 189 pieces of plutonium. I had to make some from UU-matter because I didn't have enough, even though I never used any of it for something else.

As for my game, having finished the pack sets me free to do things I didn't want to spend time for before. Believe it or not, my biggest problem now is where to put up a nice room to live on my station. I don't need much space for that, but everywhere I can think of either doesn't fit or it's in the way of something. And I have built big enough for a change, it's just that all the empty space is inconveniently located for this, for instance I have the almost the whole lower half of the big sphere free, but of course I don't want to live in the lower half because there's almost no natural light there.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
No worries Ieldra :) Thanks for the advice, I'll just run these two reactors and save up the Plutonium, so far I've generated about 80 plutonium pieces.

Encountering some odd issues with EnderIO conduits lately, I might do a server reboot... they've been running fine for weeks but lately since my base expansion EnderIO is doing odd things.

OMG.. Advanced generators... So much stuff to get my head around with this ModPack!! :)

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited: