[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
If FTB remains its stance on TE being the main power source, then you can expect a version of Technomancy by that time. I plan on updating Technomancy as soon as TE updates for 1.7.
As a note: as the FTB team has said before TE isn't the main power source it's RF. There is a difference.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
The bellows should only place on the sides of the alchemical furnaces and on the sides of Infernal furnaces. They won't place anywhere else.
Won't place on the side of the alchemical furnace at all it seems. Tried placing as you would the normal bellows however it did not work. Downgrading to 0.3.2 seemed to fix it..

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The blood magic stuff is stupid easy to get. The blood fabricator is way way way too cheap. For something like that, you should need a T5 altar. Which is the one with the four beacons.
EDIT: Sorry if this came across as rude, but for a recipe suggestion I think that the current recipe should get an "inert" version which does nothing and you put it in a T5 altar to get the current version.

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
The blood magic stuff is stupid easy to get. The blood fabricator is way way way too cheap. For something like that, you should need a T5 altar. Which is the one with the four beacons.
EDIT: Sorry if this came across as rude, but for a recipe suggestion I think that the current recipe should get an "inert" version which does nothing and you put it in a T5 altar to get the current version.
I realised that last time. I'm not requiring deep use into Blood magic though as that would defeat the purpose of using it. Once you're that far in, you have far better ways of obtaining LP.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
0.5.0 is finally out! Download is in the OP.
0.5.0:
  • Added: New ore processing system including the Ignis Incinerator, Sanguine Infuser, and Botanical Purifier.
  • Added: Ore Dict support for the ore processing system.
  • Added: Pure ores for the ore processing system.
  • Change: Essentia Dynamos have changed drastically. They now adjust their output and how often essentia is used based on their surroundings.
  • Change: Node dynamos now have a range equal to that of the Wand Pedestal.
  • Change: Blood fabricators now have a much harder recipe.
  • Change: Other minor recipe changes.
  • Change: Thaumcraft research has moved around a bit.
  • Fix: Dynamos emit RF properly.
  • Fix: Crash on breaking a conduit connected to a dynamo.
  • Fix: Node dynamos transferring the wrong way.
  • Fix: Galvanized bellows not placing correctly.
  • Fix: A typo with "SacrificialIngot".
  • Fix: Orderly lamps causing an absurd amount of lag.
  • WIP: Full documentation on everything in Technomancy.
Let me explain the new ore processing to you. Bear with me for a second.

Currently, there are only 3 different machines, one for Botania, Blood Magic, and Thaumcraft. Each runs on a different form of power respective to their mods. The Botanical Purifier drains mana from nearby mana pools, the Ignis Incinerator runs on ignis Essentia, and the Sanguine Infuser runs on LP from the owner's (whomever placed it) Network. By placing an ore registered in the OreDict in the left slot, it will drain the required energy and purify the ore. The pure ore will have a "purity level", and by holding shift over the pure ore, it will display what it has been processed by. An ore can be processed by as many processors as the player chooses, but never the same processor twice. In order to get your ingots, throw the pure ore into a furnace. The output should equal the purity level + 1.

Also, something to note, the amount of power drawn by the machines increases each time the ore is purified. For example, if an ore has been purified twice, and you wish to purify it a third time in the Sanguine Infuser, the cost will be 3 times as much as it would have originally been. Say the cost is 500LP per ore, at the third processing time it increases to 1500LP per ore. A stack of ores this way would cost 96,000LP form your blood network. This applies to all processors as well, so whichever source of power you have the most of should be the last processor in your processing line.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: in-game or on the wiki? I saw you already started doing documentation on the wiki.
Most definitely wiki. I have no intention of creating a useless ingame book that you have to constantly fiddle through vs using an internet browser which you can look at while your playing if you're smart enough to move the Minecraft window a bit.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't see it in the change log and downloading it now anyways. Is there a different version depending on TE version?

Sir_Buttocks

Jul 29, 2019
Um, the sanguine infuser crashed my client when i placed it down, and it keeps crashing as soon as i log in to the server..