[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Nickel tin lead silver iron gold copper
Congratulations! Click below for your prize!
post-9023-I-lied-gif-5jdf.gif
On a more serious note, is there any difficulty telling the difference between them? I've only made one texture that is being recolored for each ore so I don't have to make 35 item textures instead of the 5 I'm making now.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
On a more serious note, is there any difficulty telling the difference between them? I've only made one texture that is being recolored for each ore so I don't have to make 35 item textures instead of the 5 I'm making now.
Tin silver and iron are pretty close... But I'm used to the coloring because I was recently doing some textures for TE. Can my prize be that you add osmium to the processable ores? It's an easily identifiable shade of blue. Oooh and maybe uranium.... That would be a nice prize.

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019

Not for me, aside from seperating silver and tin, but that's something I tend to find difficult. Something about the colors being close. But no, they look fine to me.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Tin silver and iron are pretty close... But I'm used to the coloring because I was recently doing some textures for TE. Can my prize be that you add osmium to the processable ores? It's an easily identifiable shade of blue. Oooh and maybe uranium.... That would be a nice prize.
I'll consider osmium, but probably not uranium.

Reactions: Qazplm601

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019

No more so than I tend to struggle with the actual ores themselves. The problem with metals is they tend to have to be near to metal-grey :p Really, though, as long as the tooltips show up properly, that's enough for me :p

W

Wolfcraftian

Is it possible to add this to the monster pack, I updated TE and COFHcore but it's now returning this error

>The TE Version '3.0.0.7' is not supported by this LP version when you have TE Conduit support enabled. Please use '3.0.0.2'

But if I use that version theres an error with tesseracts and this mod. I'm not really sure what the conduit support thing is, what mod or config it's relating to so I'd rather not just go messing round with it, but maybe others here on the FTB forum, on a thread for this mod have done it and could help.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add this to the monster pack, I updated TE and COFHcore but it's now returning this error

>The TE Version '3.0.0.7' is not supported by this LP version when you have TE Conduit support enabled. Please use '3.0.0.2'

But if I use that version theres an error with tesseracts and this mod. I'm not really sure what the conduit support thing is, what mod or config it's relating to so I'd rather not just go messing round with it, but maybe others here on the FTB forum, on a thread for this mod have done it and could help.
LP would be Logistics Pipes so you might want to check the config there. Alternatively, using Technomancy 0.4.2 will work with 3.0.0.2 while 0.4.2a works with 3.0.0.7.

W

Wolfcraftian

LP would be Logistics Pipes so you might want to check the config there. Alternatively, using Technomancy 0.4.2 will work with 3.0.0.2 while 0.4.2a works with 3.0.0.7.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Such a simple fix, though a no less confusing problem, this mod causing an issue with TE which is actually an issue with Logistic pipes.

Anyway looks awesome, bridging the gap between tech and magic (all the better it's TE and not IC2), and removing the unnecessarily small jars which the only upgrade just deletes extra, funny when it's taglike is "too much essentia? Impossible!").

Trying out witchery too, so it will be interesting how you technology enhance a witches garden, demon summoning and brewing.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have some good news, and some bad news.

Bad news is, it's going to be a while before the Witchery and Ars Magica apis are complete. Witchery has none at all right now, and the AM2 api doesn't currently include a way to control power. I can overwrite it, but I only want to do that if there's a mass uprising for me to add AM2 support. It would also make it a bit unstable, and I definitely don't need more of that. I'll also be removing a few things here and there from the todo list that I don't intend on adding. There's a lot of Thaumcraft stuff already and there's a lot more on the todo list compared to other magic mods. I'll start playing with other mods and seeing what I should add.

The good news is that since i don't have to do as much, the next update will be here sooner. This will include the new ore processing system in additon to some random fixes and a rewrite of the essentia dynamo. The ore processing will only inclue Botania, Blood Magic, and Thaumcraft. The new essentia dynamo will change it's output level based on what essentia is being input into it in additon to other miscellaneous affects such as tempestus using no essentia while it's raining and lux/tenebrae increasing outputs depending on whether it's day/night and a few other quirky ones. Depending how long it takes to finish all this up, I may add a few new things here and there as well as proper documentation for the everything that currently exists. I'm also planning on adding a few other miscellaneous objects to Technomancy that don't incorporate into any magic mod in particular, but would be fun regardless. I've also got an IRC channel on irc.esper.net called #technomancy if you ever need to discuss the mod, crashes, ideas, or just talk in general(I get bored sometimes).

In other news that is neither bad nor good, I'm looking for some beta testers. I've got a nice chunk of features coming up that needs to be thoroughly tested and I'm getting real tired of crash reports that shouldn't happen. I'm terrible about NPEs and someone needs to catch me before 100 people download the crash. If you're interested pm me on the forums or ping me on IRC. If you post on the forums I will not dignify you with a response. That means you over there in the corner. Ya you, the kid with glue in your mouth, pay attention. I'll only take the first few people who ask, so don't get your hopes up. You'll mostly be judged on your forum posts throughout the FTB forums. The only criteria is being able to English properly and not being a complete idiot.

That's all for today. Cheers.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Sir_Buttocks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Democretes!

I'm playing the latest resonant rise mod pack which have the 0.4.1 technomancy mod and i cant get the life coil, sacrificial ingot or blood dynamo to work. I've tried putting the materials in both a tier 0 and a tier 5 blood altar and it wont work. are they not implemented yet or is it something else that i missed?

/Sir_Buttocks

naughtyfins

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to make a 1.7 world, but seeing this mod has made me want to go with 1.6 instead. I've always wanted something in minecraft that has a sort of magitech flavour and thaumcraft is one of my favourite mods.

I don't know if you've played the torchlight games, but one of the first things that came to mind when I read that powered thaumic armour is planned was this.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Democretes!

I'm playing the latest resonant rise mod pack which have the 0.4.1 technomancy mod and i cant get the life coil, sacrificial ingot or blood dynamo to work. I've tried putting the materials in both a tier 0 and a tier 5 blood altar and it wont work. are they not implemented yet or is it something else that i missed?

/Sir_Buttocks
First, check and make sure that Blood magic is enabled in the config file. Pull up creative mode or nei and try to find the items. If they're not there, it's defintely a config thing.
I was going to make a 1.7 world, but seeing this mod has made me want to go with 1.6 instead. I've always wanted something in minecraft that has a sort of magitech flavour and thaumcraft is one of my favourite mods.

I don't know if you've played the torchlight games, but one of the first things that came to mind when I read that powered thaumic armour is planned was this.
That looks pretty sweet. Too bad I can't texture to save my life.

Sir_Buttocks

Jul 29, 2019
First, check and make sure that Blood magic is enabled in the config file. Pull up creative mode or nei and try to find the items. If they're not there, it's defintely a config thing.

I can find the things in the NEI, its just making the components for the technomancy/bloomagic machines that dont work.