[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm considering making all BM altar recipes into Transnposer recipes. Any thoughts on this? Would it be benificial to do so or should I just not bother with it? I honestly haven't played with BM enough to brainstorm ideas.

As Zenthon_127 said, and trajing pointed out with his recipe suggestion, moving the Blood Magic recipes to a transposer will break a bit of balance and will completely bypass the intentional buffer that the altar has.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is there no way to draw life essence out to store it then put it back in to craft?

LP can be pulled from the altar in two ways. Either the Blood Orbs, which is a one way conversion, or it can be pumped / moved by buckets into tanks for use later. It can only be pumped back in if it was removed in the second method I mentioned.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So It's really just a speed type of deal. I can work with that.[DOUBLEPOST=1398386161][/DOUBLEPOST]If I made recipes that took longer to craft, would that suffice?

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the altar drains and fills slowly, unless you upgrade it with Runes of Dislocation.

I believe the base rate for input and output from an altar is 20 mB/sec, and 1 mB = 1 LP. Each Rune of Dislocation adds another 20 mB/sec to the transfer rate.

And yeah, making altar recipes into fluid transposer recipes kind of defeats the point of the mod. You're trying to enhance magic with technology, not replace it.

Reactions: Padfoote

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
No, there are many tier of altar, each tier higher costs progressively more and more resources (primarily blood) to craft.

Allowing transposer recipes would break that progression, or just be useless as there's really nothing you can do at tier 0 except upgrade to tier 1.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Since it will break most function of the altar, I'll stay away from it. I was just curious if it would be better for automation with AE and such.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Since it will break most function of the altar, I'll stay away from it. I was just curious if it would be better for automation with AE and such.
My idea, what you could do is create a machine which you have to put a blood orb into it for it to function, not to draw any LP or something like that, but that blood orb determines the tier of transmutation you're allowed to do.

Blood orbs are gated by the higher altars, and so thus putting your machine behind the orb, it gates behind the tiers too
And it's not anything particularly new for blood magic (Alchemy requires it). You could explain it as if the orb resonates with the item and stabilises the transfusion.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
My idea, what you could do is create a machine which you have to put a blood orb into it for it to function, not to draw any LP or something like that, but that blood orb determines the tier of transmutation you're allowed to do.

Blood orbs are gated by the higher altars, and so thus putting your machine behind the orb, it gates behind the tiers too
And it's not anything particularly new for blood magic (Alchemy requires it). You could explain it as if the orb resonates with the item and stabilises the transfusion.
Because we got an explanation for node creation other than "IT'S MAGIC"

Reactions: abculatter_2

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure altars can already be accessed by automation, and if so then it can be easily automated using a steady blood source (a well of suffering or a fluiduct filled with blood) and some item ducts.

Just be sure to remember to filter the item duct for the finished item, as the altar only has one inventory slot.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Because we got an explanation for node creation other than "IT'S MAGIC"
fucking_319c5e_524431.jpg

Laskeri

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure altars can already be accessed by automation, and if so then it can be easily automated using a steady blood source (a well of suffering or a fluiduct filled with blood) and some item ducts.

Just be sure to remember to filter the item duct for the finished item, as the altar only has one inventory slot.

Translocators work pretty well for automating the altar in my experience.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im gonna go ahead and install this tomorrow even though I know almost nothing about it. TE and Thaumcraft are my absolute favorite mods so it only makes sense. I must be spoiled, its strange not to have a mod spotlight to browse first.

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of getting a machine to convert RF into Primal Essentia? After playing with Big Reactors for about... Half an hour at the time of posting, I have a huge generator that can generate almost 50,000 RF/t, and only a limited amount of storage for that energy. The main issue for me, however, is a huge lack of Essentia. So if I could convert RF into Essentia at a rate of... Let's say 5 million RF per point of Essentia for now, that'd really help.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of getting a machine to convert RF into Primal Essentia? After playing with Big Reactors for about... Half an hour at the time of posting, I have a huge generator that can generate almost 50,000 RF/t, and only a limited amount of storage for that energy. The main issue for me, however, is a huge lack of Essentia. So if I could convert RF into Essentia at a rate of... Let's say 5 million RF per point of Essentia for now, that'd really help.
RF to potentia would make sense. Then you can get order and fire with a centrifuge, and the other primals can be done with apples or something.

Reactions: Nova Sol

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
RF to potentia would make sense. Then you can get order and fire with a centrifuge, and the other primals can be done with apples or something.

Would definitely help, yeah. Then again, so would any other RF sink. But RF to Potentia... Yeah, that sounds good to me.