[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of getting a machine to convert RF into Primal Essentia? After playing with Big Reactors for about... Half an hour at the time of posting, I have a huge generator that can generate almost 50,000 RF/t, and only a limited amount of storage for that energy. The main issue for me, however, is a huge lack of Essentia. So if I could convert RF into Essentia at a rate of... Let's say 5 million RF per point of Essentia for now, that'd really help.
RF to potentia would make sense. Then you can get order and fire with a centrifuge, and the other primals can be done with apples or something.
I've considered doing an Energy -> Essentia device, but it doesn't really appeal to me. You can easily get all primal aspects using a centrifuge and the essentia you get from crafting tables. I might consider the idea though.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I've considered doing an Energy -> Essentia device, but it doesn't really appeal to me. You can easily get all primal aspects using a centrifuge and the essentia you get from crafting tables. I might consider the idea though.
How about a bloody flux capacitor that recharges itself from your LP network but can still charge your tools

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019

The reason why I wanted an Energy-to-Essentia converter was mostly to do SOMETHING with my energy supply. Something useful enough to consider wasting my stupidly huge amount of power on. I truly don't care what happens with my energy, but I have 325 Resonant Energy Cells filled up and waiting to be drained. Even a device that creates pretty sparks from RF would be fine for me.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
The reason why I wanted an Energy-to-Essentia converter was mostly to do SOMETHING with my energy supply. Something useful enough to consider wasting my stupidly huge amount of power on. I truly don't care what happens with my energy, but I have 325 Resonant Energy Cells filled up and waiting to be drained. Even a device that creates pretty sparks from RF would be fine for me.
I took the idea into consideration and ended up making it. The conversion rate is 1,000,000RF -> 1 Potentia.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
hi, I just noticed that essentia dynamos doesn't output rf on te3 cells and other machines, it works on galvanized bellows though. also Quantum jars not keeping the essentia when picked.

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
I took the idea into consideration and ended up making it. The conversion rate is 1,000,000RF -> 1 Potentia.

Okay, perfect. That should supply me with Potentia, thus simple flight and two Primals, forever. Or at least until my Yellorium supplies run out.

hi, I just noticed that essentia dynamos doesn't output rf on te3 cells and other machines, it works on galvanized bellows though. also Quantum jars not keeping the essentia when picked.

I think the last one is kind of intentional. After all, the Thaumonomicon entry DOES say that the jar is quite unstable.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Quantum jar losing energy on pickup is intentional. For now just use conduits instead of directly pumping into machines/cells.
EDIT: I went and tested it and it's working fine. What version are you using, are you supplying a redstone signal, is there actual potentia in the dynamo? You should be able to see potentia with goggles of revealing.

Last edited:

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
Quantum jar losing energy on pickup is intentional. For now just use conduits instead of directly pumping into machines/cells.
EDIT: I went and tested it and it's working fine. What version are you using, are you supplying a redstone signal, is there actual potentia in the dynamo? You should be able to see potentia with goggles of revealing.

I'm using te3 3.0.0.5 and technomany0.3.2. I wanted to use aqua and perditio, there's a lever turned on and essentia icon on the dynamo but no rf output.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
Is the side of the cell set to blue(input)?

edit: just a derp . the cell input is set to 0 = =

also still can't craft the bellow it shows the aspect needed but whenever I tried to get it in the output it'll quickly disappear.

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
edit: just a derp . the cell input is set to 0 = =

also still can't craft the bellow it shows the aspect needed but whenever I tried to get it in the output it'll quickly disappear.
It's a recipe issue with the energy cell. Place it, wrench it, pick it up again and it should work.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
in forbidden magic there's lord of hellfire upgrade. right clicking a focus-less wand or staff light fire on netherrack and obsidian that cost a little bit of ignis. Now my suggestion is make an upgrade that able the wand to act like a WRENCH that cost ordo or something.

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
in forbidden magic there's lord of hellfire upgrade. right clicking a focus-less wand or staff light fire on netherrack and obsidian that cost a little bit of ignis. Now my suggestion is make an upgrade that able the wand to act like a WRENCH that cost ordo or something.
Why would I make it cost ordo? Wrenches don't have durability or anything.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm considering adding some stuff to entirely change how TC does ore processing, adding different "chemistry" sets using essentia to increase ore output/cooking speed. There will be a couple of new devices that change ores into clusters for more metal or into purified dusts that cook extremely quickly, each providing distinct advantages to your ore processing plant. This may also incorporate other magic mods, each making the ore more "pure" making it smelt more efficiently. Thaumcraft won't be required to start the process, but that's probably going to be the first mod to implement this system.

@Democretes is now accepting your thoughts.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Woah,Technomancy moving towards TC independence?
Its like the transfer between thaumic bees and magic bees!

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Woah,Technomancy moving towards TC independence?
Its like the transfer between thaumic bees and magic bees!
That was the plan from the start. I'd like to incorporate as many magic mods as I can to Technomancy. I've played with TC more than any of the others so creating machines that help TC was easy for me to do.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Infusing the ores with Ars essence could be nice. Dark for faster, light for more output, neutral for ???.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Integration with BM alchemy system which keeps it mid to late game and also makes perfect sense.