[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I am attempting to make a Custom Mod Pack with this Mod being at the center. I was wondering what every one thought would be other good Mods to run with the TC/TE/Technomancy vibe here?
A heavily nerfed DartCraft. Configure it to spawn core less and it'll be perfect.
Also, why must you ninja me at making a modpack? :/

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A heavily nerfed DartCraft. Configure it to spawn core less and it'll be perfect.
Also, why must you ninja me at making a modpack? :/
I assume you mean spawn ore less, right?
Also, what nerfs do you apply to DC? Aside from making force gems more rare, at least(which is barely a issue).

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you mean spawn ore less, right?
Also, what nerfs do you apply to DC? Aside from making force gems more rare, at least(which is barely a issue).
I lower the conversion of Force Log to Liquid Force so that it's still viable, but it encourages you to go mining. I also decrease the time torch's radius to 2.

Reactions: YX33A

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable the Force Tree entirely? Minetweaker can be used to add a recipe for the logs, though I would prefer some kind of 'legitimate' way to acquire them without resorting to that. Perhaps force infusing any old log?

I've been wondering lately what Dartcraft might be like if force was a non-renewable resource.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable the Force Tree entirely? Minetweaker can be used to add a recipe for the logs, though I would prefer some kind of 'legitimate' way to acquire them without resorting to that. Perhaps force infusing any old log?

I've been wondering lately what Dartcraft might be like if force was a non-renewable resource.
It's not that much different. Force gems aren't exactly hard to get so all it really does is elimnate the ability to farm force trees for liquid force. Using force engines as a viable power source is not possible. You don't need that many gems to do what needs to be done in Dartcraft.

Reactions: YX33A

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Love the idea behind your mod. I think there should be an item or series of items that allows the player to make an automated essentia resupply system for infusion crafting. Have you ever had to check to see how much essentia you have available in jars everytime you wanted to craft something through infusion crafting? I think you should implement a way for players to simplify the process without having to become Direwolf20 and create a complicated system that involves a lot of tedious Computercraft coding. Also, I've always wanted to have an item that will catch and siphon out any essentia leftover in the crucible before it dissolves into flux and sends it into connected jars.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Love the idea behind your mod. I think there should be an item or series of items that allows the player to make an automated essentia resupply system for infusion crafting. Have you ever had to check to see how much essentia you have available in jars everytime you wanted to craft something through infusion crafting? I think you should implement a way for players to simplify the process without having to become Direwolf20 and create a complicated system that involves a lot of tedious Computercraft coding. Also, I've always wanted to have an item that will catch and siphon out any essentia leftover in the crucible before it dissolves into flux and sends it into connected jars.
There's nothing that can really handle the whole "essentia amount per jar" thing without computercraft. There is some kind of Thaumcraft gates or something that does tells you when a jar is empty, full etc., but nothing but computercraft can handle exact amounts.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, something is now bugging me; what's the difference between a Essentia Coil and a Essentia Mirror?

NullMagic

Jul 29, 2019

I might suggest looking into Thaumic Integration which adds Applied Energistics support for Essentia. Basically it allows you to store Essentia in your ME system and provides a cable that it can be drawn directly out of by infusion altars. Unfortunately the mod is not out for public use yet.

New
Actually, something is now bugging me; what's the difference between a Essentia Coil and a Essentia Mirror?

The Mirror will only draw essentia through it if something on the other side (like an Infusion Altar or a Lamp of Growth) is actively requesting the essentia, and will only draw the type it needs. The Coil's will transmit essentia from point to point regardless of whether it's being requested or not, this allows you to do things like move it from one coil on an Arcane Alembic to another Coil attached to a jar/pipe automatically.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The Mirror will only draw essentia through it if something on the other side (like an Infusion Altar or a Lamp of Growth) is actively requesting the essentia, and will only draw the type it needs. The Coil's will transmit essentia from point to point regardless of whether it's being requested or not, this allows you to do things like move it from one coil on an Arcane Alembic to another Coil attached to a jar/pipe automatically.
Ah, so Coils are basically Essentia Pipes sans pipes, where as Essentia Mirrors are more like Essentia Ender chests. Gotcha.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So some people over on MCF have proposed making more machine create a flux waste when using machines. When machines are in use, they produce flux. Machines will either start spewing flux, or have negative effects such as the essentia dynamo consuming more essentia to produce the same energy. This would most definitely be a config option.

I'm not sure whether this would make Technomancy more !!FUN!! or more fun, but it's definitely something I want feedback on if I am to implement it.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
So some people over on MCF have proposed making more machine create a flux waste when using machines. When machines are in use, they produce flux. Machines will either start spewing flux, or have negative effects such as the essentia dynamo consuming more essentia to produce the same energy. This would most definitely be a config option.

I'm not sure whether this would make Technomancy more !!FUN!! or more fun, but it's definitely something I want feedback on if I am to implement it.
I like it, but I think it should have some expensive way to mitigate the effects, like a purifier attachment.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

I personally like the sound of that, as that will lead to more planning being required when using machines rather than just tossing them down and using them. Should the machines emit flux, is there going to be a way to pipe it out of the various machines and dispose of it in certain ways, or is it going to be left to just regulating machines to prevent the flux from being created?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like the sound of that, as that will lead to more planning being required when using machines rather than just tossing them down and using them. Should the machines emit flux, is there going to be a way to pipe it out of the various machines and dispose of it in certain ways, or is it going to be left to just regulating machines to prevent the flux from being created?
Unless someone comes up with a much more interesting way of doing it, flux will just have to be piped out.

Reactions: Padfoote