[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
So some people over on MCF have proposed making more machine create a flux waste when using machines. When machines are in use, they produce flux. Machines will either start spewing flux, or have negative effects such as the essentia dynamo consuming more essentia to produce the same energy. This would most definitely be a config option.

I'm not sure whether this would make Technomancy more !!FUN!! or more fun, but it's definitely something I want feedback on if I am to implement it.
I am quite intrigued with this idea, though I do have some concerns it could become annoying for those who may have difficulty creating the infrastructure to clean up the flux. I have the idea that you should implement improved versions of essentia engines that will produce less flux for the same amount of fuel made out of improved materials. Perhaps if you could implement support for Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI, would it be possible to make components out of ichor?

I also have some other ideas about how players can clean up the flux. I once heard from Direwolf20 that Azanor is coming up with something that will help players clean up flux after crafting. Maybe you can incorporate that into any future flux purification machines?

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
It could just be a durability for a replaceable part, like a steam turbine, or more of a "liquid" bar that will ruin the machine if it fills up all the way. Could make a cool "make sure flux doesn't accumulate in the systems" aspect for your design.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
It could just be a durability for a replaceable part, like a steam turbine, or more of a "liquid" bar that will ruin the machine if it fills up all the way. Could make a cool "make sure flux doesn't accumulate in the systems" aspect for your design.
I like the liquid bar idea better. Do you know how if you've got a lot of sludge building up inside your car engine, it slows down your car's overall performance? I think that if flux goo builds up too much inside any machine or essentia engine, it should slow the machines down to about 1/5 of their performance. They will still run and do their jobs, but at a considerably diminished performance until the player somehow cleans out all of the flux goo built up inside.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
I figure that might make it too easy to clean up, as Flux Goo and Gas is registered in the fluid dictionary - so what's to stop someone hooking up a few fluiducts to a Nullifier and stopping it ever being a problem?

Reactions: YX33A

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I figure that might make it too easy to clean up, as Flux Goo and Gas is registered in the fluid dictionary - so what's to stop someone hooking up a few fluiducts to a Nullifier and stopping it ever being a problem?
Then make it useful so you don't WANT to void it.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I plan on adding some way or another to make flux useful. Maybe a flux generator that you pump flux into to create energy, or some machines that require flux to run, therefore nullifying flux wouldn't be helpful, and just a waste of opportunity.
I like the liquid bar idea better. Do you know how if you've got a lot of sludge building up inside your car engine, it slows down your car's overall performance? I think that if flux goo builds up too much inside any machine or essentia engine, it should slow the machines down to about 1/5 of their performance. They will still run and do their jobs, but at a considerably diminished performance until the player somehow cleans out all of the flux goo built up inside.
There might be different effect per machine, not just a slow down.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I plan on adding some way or another to make flux useful. Maybe a flux generator that you pump flux into to create energy, or some machines that require flux to run, therefore nullifying flux wouldn't be helpful, and just a waste of opportunity.

There might be different effect per machine, not just a slow down.
Maybe add a recipe that allows you to make fluxed electrum by using a fluid transposer some flux goo and some electrum

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
You could make the Reconstructer require flux to create items, same with the Aura Node Generator and Golem Cloner.

Personally, I like the idea of harnessing flux to encourage spontaneous creation of matter.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
You could make the Reconstructer require flux to create items, same with the Aura Node Generator and Golem Cloner.

Personally, I like the idea of harnessing flux to encourage spontaneous creation of matter.
Meh, essentia is basically liquid matter in a magical form, I don't feel like flux fits in there.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, essentia is basically liquid matter in a magical form, I don't feel like flux fits in there.
I've always thought of flux as corruption, so liquid flux, liquid corruption

Would it be possible for some machines to start having "corrupted" effects if the flux gets too high

I.e. instead of the node modifier adding vis to a node, if you've let it get too high, it starts taking it away, or starts having a chance to change the node type (to tainted or sinister, and only at extreme would it do hungry because that would also kill your machine)

Reactions: Padfoote

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I've always thought of flux as corruption, so liquid flux, liquid corruption

Would it be possible for some machines to start having "corrupted" effects if the flux gets too high

I.e. instead of the node modifier adding vis to a node, if you've let it get too high, it starts taking it away, or starts having a chance to change the node type (to tainted or sinister, and only at extreme would it do hungry because that would also kill your machine)
I don't think I'll add it to the node fabricator. That is wwwaaaayyyy to expensive to mess with for forgetting something.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I think it should create flux when making a magical forest, and require it for the other 2.
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Then you could just make it using one and use it for the other...
Well, you could balance it by if it's not already a tainted or sinister biome, then it doesn't produce much flux
because a tainted biome is more flux infested than a normal biome, so it would require more than what the magical forest produced to make

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Then you could just make it using one and use it for the other...
If you made magical forests produce far less flux than eerie/tainted biomes require, you're going to need several transmuters and a ton of power to create the flux.