[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem getting the galvanized bellows to work. Here is my setup. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I put items in but nothing comes out.
Nothing. The bellows went all herp derp somewhere and decided not to work on furnaces anymore.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
The thermal expansion IRC network told me to go to the thaumcraft network. I guess I'll just give up, I've reported it in 3 places and They've always told me to put it somewhere else.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The thermal expansion IRC network told me to go to the thaumcraft network. I guess I'll just give up, I've reported it in 3 places and They've always told me to put it somewhere else.
When that happens, post again saying that everyone told you to go to a different place, and either they don't know what they're talking about, or they're lying and don't want to fix it.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
What happened was, I put it on the TE3 thread here, who told me to go to the IRC who told me to go to the Thaumcraft IRC, and on the thaumcraft IRC I was told to put it on their github issue tracker, which requires an account, and I would rather not make an account to only use it once.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
What happened was, I put it on the TE3 thread here, who told me to go to the IRC who told me to go to the Thaumcraft IRC, and on the thaumcraft IRC I was told to put it on their github issue tracker, which requires an account, and I would rather not make an account to only use it once.
GitHub accounts pay off. They are free and it's a good thing to use, even if you don't code.

Reactions: YX33A

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Don't know if anyones suggested it, but an old request would be defence turrets based on the Arcane Bore. That arcane bore system has always been crying out for an offensive wand to be placed in it.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if anyones suggested it, but an old request would be defence turrets based on the Arcane Bore. That arcane bore system has always been crying out for an offensive wand to be placed in it.
That would be nice. *Envisions using TTKAMI's shadowbeam focus*

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about combining some different magic mods along with some good tech mods... this looks like an amazing idea that I am for sure going to check out. I will keep everyone posted if I do decide on this.

Looks great and I am very excited about trying it out.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about combining some different magic mods along with some good tech mods... this looks like an amazing idea that I am for sure going to check out. I will keep everyone posted if I do decide on this.

Looks great and I am very excited about trying it out.
Welcome to the cool people. We're generating power much better than all those heathens using steam dynamos.
In all seriousness though, this has neat power gen and neat power uses. Stay tuned!

snoopydude

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody having success creating nodes with the node fabricator? I guess I don't understand how they work. I can get them to create different sized nodes but not really sure what makes one node bigger than the next. I also can't seem to get anything but a terra node. I put ignis in the fabricator but only get a terra node. When I break the fabricator and put it back down it is full of energy and will only make the same node it made before. I have to move it to a different location to get it to accept more essentia although it doesn't matter what I put in I still get a terra node.

EDIT: I can get one additional type of essentia in a node but every node has terra in it.

Last edited:

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone doing an Let's Play using this mod. I would like to check it out. I am figuring out both TC and TE before getting using this Mod and making my own LP

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
TC is the more complex bit between these two mods, TE is actually really simple. And once you grasp how TC works, catch the occasional bit you would otherwise miss, and get a understanding on how to get started, TC is about as easy as TE3 IMO.

NullMagic

Jul 29, 2019
I finally figured out what Electrum Caps would do! It's a Compound Metal so it would make caps capable of dealing with Compounds! Specifically Basic Compound Aspects (so things like Gelum that uses only two basic Aspectcs, since it is only a two metal compound). Given that it's made of Gold and Silver it also has the qualities of both, it's slightly better at channeling all aspects (say around 5 to 10%) and even better at channeling the Primal aspects (20%, same as Thaumium).

Also, for those wishing to check out a Tech/Magic crossover world you're free to visit our server Excessioncraft (also fondly known as "That scribble mod pack", apparently, at least that's what the people on the technic forums call us....)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I finally figured out what Electrum Caps would do! It's a Compound Metal so it would make caps capable of dealing with Compounds! Specifically Basic Compound Aspects (so things like Gelum that uses only two basic Aspectcs, since it is only a two metal compound). Given that it's made of Gold and Silver it also has the qualities of both, it's slightly better at channeling all aspects (say around 5 to 10%) and even better at channeling the Primal aspects (20%, same as Thaumium).

Also, for those wishing to check out a Tech/Magic crossover world you're free to visit our server Excessioncraft (also fondly known as "That scribble mod pack", apparently, at least that's what the people on the technic forums call us....)
I think Thaumic exploration already adds a cap similar to that.

NullMagic

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Exploration (As far as I am currently aware) only has the Mechanist's Cap, and the Sojourner's Cap. The First one super speeds your charging process, and the second passively charges your wand (if you're near a node it'll automatically suck vis off it if there's room). The only mod that I know of so far that has a Compound Recharger is Advanced Thaumaturgy and that only works with the wand specific to that mod and is still a WIP (it can not be currently crafted IG). The AT items also tend to be more End Game than Mid Game which is what I'm envisioning for this cap, it's research would be unlocked around the same time as Silver and Thaumium, meaning you'd be able to craft wands with it long before the Compound Want Pommel from AT was available.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Exploration (As far as I am currently aware) only has the Mechanist's Cap, and the Sojourner's Cap. The First one super speeds your charging process, and the second passively charges your wand (if you're near a node it'll automatically suck vis off it if there's room). The only mod that I know of so far that has a Compound Recharger is Advanced Thaumaturgy and that only works with the wand specific to that mod and is still a WIP (it can not be currently crafted IG). The AT items also tend to be more End Game than Mid Game which is what I'm envisioning for this cap, it's research would be unlocked around the same time as Silver and Thaumium, meaning you'd be able to craft wands with it long before the Compound Want Pommel from AT was available.
Eh, another mod still adds it. Even if I implemented it a bit differently I'm not fond of doing something someone else does. Too unoriginal for my taste.

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I am attempting to make a Custom Mod Pack with this Mod being at the center. I was wondering what every one thought would be other good Mods to run with the TC/TE/Technomancy vibe here?