[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
I can't do it anyway, i'm on an SMP server. Yesterday i had to strip all my essentia system (coil, quantum jar with MC edit so i lost all my 48 x 640 stock). I tried to rebuild it without the label but the fps loss is simply too much. So now i have two choices : don't do thaumcraft until the bugs get fix, or build another system. If i'll go for the second one i don't know if i will rebuild a technomancy one when it's fix.

Alright, I have been working on Technomancy all day long and I've fixed this.

Here's my 0.8.1 adventure.

Made an energized wand, the type you use capacitors with in your hotbar to charge, the vis went up to 24 on all aspects and then and don't ask me how, but the single player world started to become unresponsive to my actions. I literally fell through the ground as if it wasn't there, what I dig up wouldn't yield a block and I couldn't even open a door.

Changed to 0.5.1.

Works perfectly.

Come back @Democretes, you asshat. I miss you. D:

Fixed too.

BAKA DEMOCERETES!
It's not like we want you back or anything!

That isn't how it is said. It should have been "Democretes no baka" :p

A friend of mine lent me his computer. I'll have a major bugfix release either later tonight or tomorrow.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my 0.8.1 adventure.

Made an energized wand, the type you use capacitors with in your hotbar to charge, the vis went up to 24 on all aspects and then and don't ask me how, but the single player world started to become unresponsive to my actions. I literally fell through the ground as if it wasn't there, what I dig up wouldn't yield a block and I couldn't even open a door.

Changed to 0.5.1.

Works perfectly.

Come back @Democretes, you asshat. I miss you. D:

I love the ideas in this mod but it was still buggy even when Democretes was still working on it. Seems to me he just up and left it in a really poor state.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I love the ideas in this mod but it was still buggy even when Democretes was still working on it. Seems to me he just up and left it in a really poor state.
Brett would make this mod what it should have been if he had it back.

0c58e1c144.png

Reactions: SynfulChaot
C

chbachman

How do you have a dependency on CoFH core? Could you post your build.gradle on your github so I can see how you are doing it. My mod has the same dependency, and I cannot figure it out.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Okey, hydraulicraft issue, not sure whtich mod causing it.

Its better to have hydraulicraft than technomancy, so i drop it.

Attachments

• 2014-08-05_11.56.10.png
    2014-08-05_11.56.10.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 140

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
How do you have a dependency on CoFH core? Could you post your build.gradle on your github so I can see how you are doing it. My mod has the same dependency, and I cannot figure it out.

Just build it with the classes you need, that's it.

Okey, hydraulicraft issue, not sure whtich mod causing it.

Its better to have hydraulicraft than technomancy, so i drop it.

You have an item id conflict. Open both Technomancy and Hydraulicraft's config folders. Then under the items tab you'll find items with the same id. Change them. Be careful because Minecraft bumps item ids by 256. Technomancy especially removes that but I don't know if Hydraulicraft does.

Reactions: RealSketch

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Just build it with the classes you need, that's it.

You have an item id conflict. Open both Technomancy and Hydraulicraft's config folders. Then under the items tab you'll find items with the same id. Change them. Be careful because Minecraft bumps item ids by 256. Technomancy especially removes that but I don't know if Hydraulicraft does.

Several items had the same id, thanks.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Can i get a brief on what exactly works in this 1.6.4 version ? (the dynamos don't work, but as i see the esencia reconstructor don't works too) The mod is probably gonna be recorded, (at least at this point it seems that its gonna be recorded, I can put a link if its happens, but its will not be english) and i don't want to make fools of ourselves by crafting something whats does not work.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
No idea why, but I can't craft the Mana and Blood coils in 1.7.10.

I'll look into it.

Can i get a brief on what exactly works in this 1.6.4 version ? (the dynamos don't work, but as i see the esencia reconstructor don't works too) The mod is probably gonna be recorded, (at least at this point it seems that its gonna be recorded, I can put a link if its happens, but its will not be english) and i don't want to make fools of ourselves by crafting something whats does not work.

Dynamos are having issues but they do work. The essentia reconstructor has a blacklist in the config. Everything else SEEMS to work just fine.

Reactions: RealSketch

Signal

Jul 29, 2019
theflogat: Great work so far, and thanks for taking over this awesome mod. We all appreciate demo's contributions, so you'll see that here a lot, but that doesn't take away from how great it is to have you looking at this stuff. Keep it up!

Ok, I'm going through this stuff 1 by 1 in a creative world and applying some QA to it, so there may or may not be a bunch of post spam here.

I'm testing with Yogscast Complete, 2.9.2.4, with a 0.8.2 version of technomancy patched in manually over 0.8.1. Minecraft 1.6.4.

Opening Post to this thread:

It says 0.6 is the current version. Should be 0.8.2. The change logs are up to date.

Ecological Transmuter (documentation bug)

You say right click to change the mode, but that just displays Processing: Magical Forest (or whatever). You actually have to shift-right click to change it. Documentation update :)

Galvanized Bellows: (Working as designed)

I didn't see these in the doc at all. Ignore previous bug I filed; my own dumb mistake :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lolmer

Signal

Jul 29, 2019
Quantum Jar:

Doesn't show liquid visually, maybe by design. It does hold 640 essentia, which you can see with the goggles.

At least some of the time placing a label on it causes the label to appear on the other side from where you placed it. Odd! Also: the label can only be removed from the side that you placed it on, where it didn't appear, leading me to believe this is a rendering glitch and the label is really on the correct side, just not displaying there.

Hey, I found a bug with Ethereal jars. Cool! (Not your bug). Seems that nanites have infected my essentia and turned it to gray goo. My evil twin managed to do this in 0.8.1 with wireless coils, which I'll try to make happen here.

Essentia Coil

Oh, god, this thing is amazing. But... crash! Looks like: https://github.com/theflogat/Technomancy/issues/6.

http://openeye.openmods.info/crashes/0eb28e78822bd71b441c51058663f684

I don't see technomancy code anywhere in this trace, but it's repeatable with this setup:

1.) put down a quantum jar and put some terra essentia in it
2.) Label the jar
3.) Attach an essentia coil to it
4.) Put down a warded jar.
5.) Use the linker to link the two.
6.) Drop terra essentia into the warded jar. A bunch of it. Just keep clicking.

[DOUBLEPOST=1407613070][/DOUBLEPOST]Weird, first crash was caused by a cow. Second was a dartcraft fairy. I've been in this world a while, done a ton of things, why would messing with a coil cause that ? Cow wizards.

Last edited:

Signal

Jul 29, 2019
More info on quantum jars:

Line 94 in BlockEssentiaContainer should probably be the start of an else block or there should be a return true above. Otherwise the item stack can get decremented twice if you're applying a pre-formatted label. Also, the block above that I think is checking for label preformatting should probably check for an empty aspect list; I don't see any guarantees that getAspects returns null instead of an empty list. Not sure on that.

This just exacerbates the underlying problem that onBlockActivated is getting called twice and executing all the code twice. If you click on it with an stack of essentia jars, it will consume two. Labels == consumes two. Oddly the essentia case will only fill it with 8 essentia, but you get two empty vials back and two essentia bottles gone. I double checked with normal warded jars and none of this oddness occurs. Maybe something that can be fixed with isRemote checks ?

I tested with pre-formatted labels and it consumed 4, due to the line 94 bug.

Last edited:

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Changed the config, but something seems to reset it, because i get the id bug again. I changed technomancy ids, and it seems if i copy my config to somewhere else, that config is being reseted. If i remove the mod start the game, then put it back later, the config is being reseted too.

Reactions: lolmer