[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
theflogat: Great work so far, and thanks for taking over this awesome mod. We all appreciate demo's contributions, so you'll see that here a lot, but that doesn't take away from how great it is to have you looking at this stuff. Keep it up!

Ok, I'm going through this stuff 1 by 1 in a creative world and applying some QA to it, so there may or may not be a bunch of post spam here.

I'm testing with Yogscast Complete, 2.9.2.4, with a 0.8.2 version of technomancy patched in manually over 0.8.1. Minecraft 1.6.4.

Opening Post to this thread:

It says 0.6 is the current version. Should be 0.8.2. The change logs are up to date.

Ecological Transmuter (documentation bug)

You say right click to change the mode, but that just displays Processing: Magical Forest (or whatever). You actually have to shift-right click to change it. Documentation update :)

Galvanized Bellows: (Working as designed)

I didn't see these in the doc at all. Ignore previous bug I filed; my own dumb mistake :)

I am doing what I can :) thanks.

Quantum Jar:

Doesn't show liquid visually, maybe by design. It does hold 640 essentia, which you can see with the goggles.

At least some of the time placing a label on it causes the label to appear on the other side from where you placed it. Odd! Also: the label can only be removed from the side that you placed it on, where it didn't appear, leading me to believe this is a rendering glitch and the label is really on the correct side, just not displaying there.

Hey, I found a bug with Ethereal jars. Cool! (Not your bug). Seems that nanites have infected my essentia and turned it to gray goo. My evil twin managed to do this in 0.8.1 with wireless coils, which I'll try to make happen here.

Essentia Coil

Oh, god, this thing is amazing. But... crash! Looks like: https://github.com/theflogat/Technomancy/issues/6.

http://openeye.openmods.info/crashes/0eb28e78822bd71b441c51058663f684

I don't see technomancy code anywhere in this trace, but it's repeatable with this setup:

1.) put down a quantum jar and put some terra essentia in it
2.) Label the jar
3.) Attach an essentia coil to it
4.) Put down a warded jar.
5.) Use the linker to link the two.
6.) Drop terra essentia into the warded jar. A bunch of it. Just keep clicking.

[DOUBLEPOST=1407613070][/DOUBLEPOST]Weird, first crash was caused by a cow. Second was a dartcraft fairy. I've been in this world a while, done a ton of things, why would messing with a coil cause that ? Cow wizards.

Quantum Jars are quite the trouble. Also for the essentia coil, just go into the config and turn off the animation within the config. They spawn a special particule from Thaumcraft. Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to create one of those correctly, I'll just look deeper into it.

More info on quantum jars:

Line 94 in BlockEssentiaContainer should probably be the start of an else block or there should be a return true above. Otherwise the item stack can get decremented twice if you're applying a pre-formatted label. Also, the block above that I think is checking for label preformatting should probably check for an empty aspect list; I don't see any guarantees that getAspects returns null instead of an empty list. Not sure on that.

This just exacerbates the underlying problem that onBlockActivated is getting called twice and executing all the code twice. If you click on it with an stack of essentia jars, it will consume two. Labels == consumes two. Oddly the essentia case will only fill it with 8 essentia, but you get two empty vials back and two essentia bottles gone. I double checked with normal warded jars and none of this oddness occurs. Maybe something that can be fixed with isRemote checks ?

I tested with pre-formatted labels and it consumed 4, due to the line 94 bug.

Thanks for reporting, will be fixed.

Changed the config, but something seems to reset it, because i get the id bug again. I changed technomancy ids, and it seems if i copy my config to somewhere else, that config is being reseted. If i remove the mod start the game, then put it back later, the config is being reseted too.

For real? Damn.

Something whitch just came to my mind: an ore grinding machine using perdito?

The ignis incinerator does it just fine with ignis.

Reactions: lolmer

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Use the pulveriser recipes, with higher output rates and/or chances?

I'll probably have it pick up specifically pulverizer recipes with a secondary output. Although, I don't plan to make the secondary output random but accurate. For example if you have a 50% chance of getting a secondary output every 2 iterations you'll get one.

Sent from my Wireless Essentia Coil

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I'll probably have it pick up specifically pulverizer recipes with a secondary output. Although, I don't plan to make the secondary output random but accurate. For example if you have a 50% chance of getting a secondary output every 2 iterations you'll get one.

Thinking in that angle.
Thinking on how it could be possible to make a "pyrothenium farm" sulfur and coal dust are the lasts on the list. Higher chance of sulfur from coal/nether rack will help it.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking in that angle.
Thinking on how it could be possible to make a "pyrothenium farm" sulfur and coal dust are the lasts on the list. Higher chance of sulfur from coal/nether rack will help it.

It will still be a while before this block appears. There are a lot of bugs that I need to deal with and some are extremely hard to fix.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
0.8.2 for 1.7.10? Is the download link missing, or the thread title wrong?

Thaumcraft for 1.7.10 is not out yet, and that mod is the majority of this. But the Botania and Blood Magic stuff could be ported. If they have no bugs.