[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
As noted in the changelog here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?posts/1342656

The research for the energized wand changed and because of the change the research needed to be redone. This was changed so that Thaumcraft would recognize the Energized Wand Core as a "wand core" and add the appropriate wand recipes for us. Because it would "break" unlocked researches I put a stand alone note in the change log.

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
This kids, is why reading changelogs is so important... I just wish more people did cumulative changelogs... or you know, ANY AT ALL (ChickenBones!!! CPW too for Iron Chests... so many updates and it's like... what the **** did you change?! He doesn't do Deobf releases does he?)

G_stav

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, snap, I'm sorry, I missed that post entirely. I just saw this post and tried the new update, I never mucked around with any of the beta versions of the update, so totally missed that bit of information.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Changelogs were a bother but thanks to Github, it's easy to track changes down now. I don't understand though why Some modders choose not to have them.

Edit: no worries, it's not like our thread's overflowing with such questions. Come here anytime you have issues.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
And if it came off like that was directed at you because you should have read the changelog, it was not intended that way.

Once I realized what the issue was I posted that so theflogat wouldn't spend time chasing a bug that didn't exist.

Reactions: theflogat

G_stav

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, now I have a weird question. How do I unscan a silver wood wand so that I can scan it again? Cause I'm still unable to get the arcane ritual to initiate, and I did a "/thaumcraft research x reset, /thaumcraft research x all" so it should be working, shouldn't it? Still have the issue about the wand not displaying in NEI though.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Can't really answer any questions about the thaumcraft command.

Does the research show in your thaumonomicon? If so, can you click it to see the details?

G_stav

Jul 29, 2019
The research shows in the thaumonomicon, but the ritual doesn't initiate. But the recipe doesn't show in NEI, it shows the usage of it, but not how to make it, which is unless it's been changed, the standard coils + the thaumcraft coil, an electrum capacitor and a silver wood wand core? But when I have it set up for the infusion, it doesn't do anything.

Considering just puting all my items into a chest and deleting my player data, and trying with a "clean" slate, might help it.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Does the recipe show in the thaumonomicon?

Edit: Actually, I think I may have just found the problem. I'll know more once I am home.

Last edited:

G_stav

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the recipe shows in the thaumonomicon,

2015-08-26_22.56.45.png

2015-08-26_22.57.26.png

But in NEI it doesn't come up, and how to craft the wand from it doesn't come up either, however when you click on the crafted wand, it get's recipe for the wand, but not for the sceptre core, and visa versa.

2015-08-26_22.58.55.png

2015-08-26_23.00.45.png

Edit, for example like here, the item's are connected and you can toggle the pages for the item, but with the energized wand core it doesn't have the arrows, despite both recipes being uses for what I assume would be the same item.
2015-08-26_23.02.47.png 2015-08-26_23.02.50.png

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so that last paragraph gets a big "HUH?" from me.

Can you clarify? It shows the wand recipe on the scepter, and the scepter on the wand, but doesn't show the wand?

G_stav

Jul 29, 2019
It shows how to craft the sceptre core, but not how to craft the wand core, and it shows how to craft the wand with a wand core and the wand caps, but only if you look up the recipe for the wand, not by looking up the uses of the wand core.

Does that make more sense? I'm sorry I'm kind of bad at explaining things.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me you have the Thaumic NEI plugin. Because if not Thaumcraft recipes have never shown up otherwise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that makes more sense.

A question, does it show how to make a wand when looking up the usage of a silverwood wand core?

G_stav

Jul 29, 2019
... Thats strange, I've never noticed that before but it does the exactly same thing; it only shows the recipe for the wand if you look up the wand recipe; not if you look up the usages of the wand core.

I'm just really stumpt by what is causing the infusion recipe not to work.

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
That is what I suspected. Its because of the type of recipe wands use. Its easy to look them up from the output, but hard to look up from the ingredients.

G_stav

Jul 29, 2019
Well, either way, the simple solution for me is to just downgrade and make a bunch of energized wand cores, and then I should be set, unless I'm able to get it to work. Might add as well that I'm playing on a server, might be related to that? I honestly have no idea what is causing the issue and at this point I'm just spitballing idea's.

By the way, is there any chance of the wrench capabilities being on the wand in the future as well? Being able to use wand foci as well would be a great addition to the functionality. Oh and Wand of the forest functionalities as well would be awesome as well!

Also, I love the Node Fabricator, well on my way on making a 20k Aspected node that I plan on Energizing, which has gone so much quicker and less laggy than using hungry nodes to create massive nodes.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming theflogat doesnt have an issue with it, I should be able to make a bugfix release tonight to resolve the issue.

As far as the wand having wrench functionality, its possible, but i specifically did not include that functionality to help cut down on any possibility of a right/left click conflict between wrench and foci functionality.

As far as wand of the forest functionality, no, I won't add that. Theflogat can if he wants, but I'm not adding anything new that is Botania related due to stupid modder drama.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Go for the release. As for the wand of the forest functionality it's a no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk