[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, just got my lazy ass out of bed --- sure, I'd be happy to. Could someone give me an accurate/complete rundown of how water and thirst work before I do, though? A lot has changed and I'm not entirely clear on all of the details myself. Basically, Leaf Cider vs. Cider vs. Water vs. Fresh Water, how to get each, what each one does and doesn't do, and how each one works with Camel Packs.

I'll include that, plus a short summary of the food/thirst/air/sanity icons (no details on how to increase/lower them, as I think that's in the HQM) and, of course, the "open to LAN, enable cheats" front and center.
Maybe include some tips on getting ores/how to start smelting ores, can include screenshots too with Enchiridion 2

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
Their chunkloaders can cause issues =/... No reserviors go use Archimedes scews/BC pumps :D
I've never had any problems with them, so I'll be enabling them again. I very much prefer that to the flowing-lava induced FPS/tick-rate death.

As for the reservoirs, would you be opposed to adding an alternate recipe using BC pumps? I admit I haven't tried them for a while, so I don't know if they're as unreliable as they used to be. I still have the transfer nodes, I suppose.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had any problems with them, so I'll be enabling them again. I very much prefer that to the flowing-lava induced FPS/tick-rate death.

As for the reservoirs, would you be opposed to adding an alternate recipe using BC pumps? I admit I haven't tried them for a while, so I don't know if they're as unreliable as they used to be. I still have the transfer nodes, I suppose.
Be warned then, as i had a player who was using it ... then suddenly his world couldnt load with a random forge "chunkloading" error pop up, took a while to trouble shoot and eventually it was because of the ender thermic pump in his world =/.... as long as ur render distance isnt too high i doubt you will get too much lava animation fps lag...
Archimedies screw from flax beard= 100% reliable

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
Be warned then, as i had a player who was using it ... then suddenly his world couldnt load with a random forge "chunkloading" error pop up, took a while to trouble shoot and eventually it was because of the ender thermic pump in his world =/.... as long as ur render distance isnt too high i doubt you will get too much lava animation fps lag...
Archimedies screw from flax beard= 100% reliable

Well, if my world won't load I can do a little surgery with world editing or similar. I agree that it's probably a bit much to expect random players to be able to poke around logs and what-not to fix problems like that, though.

As for the screw, I take it that would require steam to work? I didn't restart my world upgrading from 1.1.17 so I kinda skipped that whole steam bit.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if my world won't load I can do a little surgery with world editing or similar. I agree that it's probably a bit much to expect random players to be able to poke around logs and what-not to fix problems like that, though.

As for the screw, I take it that would require steam to work? I didn't restart my world upgrading from 1.1.17 so I kinda skipped that whole steam bit.
Yea steam is pretty easy with infinite water now :D

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Now back to a section of "DID YOU SPOT IT?".... This has been in the modpack since day 1.....
S4krBiB.png

What? Take a closer look..
zFBI8s0.png

Even closer look!
YaHLmtq.png

@parcel31u
large.gif
no

ceddj

Jul 29, 2019
Im unable to do /hqm quests, and i tried on a new map and a already generated but it does not work :(

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
Karma have you already designed some of the city buildings? I want to work on it but I want to make the buildings look similar since it seems more futuristic.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Karma have you already designed some of the city buildings? I want to work on it but I want to make the buildings look similar since it seems more futuristic.
My designs are kind of basic, dont worry about your designs, i know how to Meld designs together:3 Just use Limestone & Concrete as their base materials

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe include some tips on getting ores/how to start smelting ores, can include screenshots too with Enchiridion 2
Oh, definitely including graphics, that's for sure :) I love Enchiridion.

Before I get cracking, here's an info dump. All of you fine folk out there, please look this over when you get the chance (let's not leave this all up to karmacharger!) and fill in anything I've missed, or anything I have wrong. I'm especially unclear on the Mineral Resources stuff (e.g. I've no idea what "silk touch + vat + smeltery" means; return multipliers may be off), and whether I've described Cider (as opposed to Leaves Cider) correctly:
  • Pg.1: Graphic of a hypersleep chamber opening.
  • ... (facing page): Big red button that reads "1) Press ESC. 2) "Open to LAN". 3) Enable Cheats: YES. 4) Type /hqm enable"
  • Pg.3 - Vital Signs: A graphic of a man surrounded by the four Enviromine status icons, each labeled and pointing to their respective body parts (sanity = head, temp = heat aura coming off of him, air = lungs, water = sweat, maybe stomach).
  • ... (facing page): More detail on each one, and the factors that influence them:
    • Sanity --- RAISED BY: flowers & other plants (daytime only), sleep. LOWERED BY: the supernatural, combat, near-death experiences, severed heads, cobwebs
    • Temperature --- RAISED BY: climate, weather, direct sunlight, low altitude, heat sources (nearby or held). LOWERED BY: climate, weather, high altitude, cold sources (nearby or held). White dot indicates your body temperature, black dots indicate ambient temperature.
    • Oxygen --- LOWERED BY: combustion, toxic gas, lack of ventilation. RAISED BY: flowers, plants, leaves
    • Hydration --- "(see following page)"
  • Pg.5 - Hydration:
    • Stagnant Water* --- SOURCE: Surface Water, Liquid. METHOD: Gather with Empty Bottle. HYDRATION: None.
    • Fresh Water --- SOURCE: Surface Water, Solid. METHOD: Hammer Snow or Ice on a Blacksmith Anvil; must have some XP to spend. HYDRATION: Low. CAN be used with Camel Pack.
  • ... (facing page):
    • Leaves Cider --- SOURCE: Fermented Mashed Leaves. METHOD: Craft Mashed Leaves, ferment on Drying Rack. HYDRATION: High. CANNOT drink on a full stomach. CANNOT be used with Camel Pack.
    • Cider --- SOURCE: Leaves Cider, De-Pulped. METHOD: Craft Leaves Cider directly into Cider. HYDRATION: Moderate. CAN drink on a full stomach. CAN be used with Camel Pack.
  • Pg.7 - Mineral Resources, ACQUISITION:
    • Surface Deposits --- METHOD: Mine ore blocks with a Pick (can increase mining level with severed head)
    • Meteor Impacts --- METHOD: Break fallen meteor blocks with an Ex Nihilo Hammer.
    • Scavenging --- METHOD: Raid "abandoned" bunkers and shelters (warning: beware hostile inhabitants)
  • ... (facing page) - Mineral Resources, PROCESSING:
    • Any --- METHOD: Furnace. RETURN: 1.0x.
    • Hardened Ores --- METHOD: Ex Nihilo Crucible over a heat source. RETURN: 1.5x.
    • Standard Ores --- METHOD: TiCo Smeltery. RETURN: 2.0x
* any chance you could rename "Water" to "Stagnant Water", to make this more clear, or would that be too much of a hassle?

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I think the hydration system in general needs redoing because right now it's clunky and it has unintended issues with the Spice of Life mod (if you've drunk the same drink 3+ times you can't drink anymore even if you're super thirsty, which leads to unnecessary deaths). Also the Camel pack doesn't work and is only refillable with vanilla water bottles instead of the Fresh Water item you get from hammering snow (which I dont really think should even be a thing, just let us restore thirst from vanilla water bottles and be done with it IMO)

EDIT: Just permadied in my hardcore world because I died (with a Sync clone) and didn't have any spare cider in my chests so I died of thirst before I could make more cider :(

My idea for the new hydration system, since it should really only be an early-game concern:
Since vanilla water bottles and cider are gated by requiring cobblestone (to make glass, leather and to smelt salt water), most players aren't going to have a furnace for at least 30+ minutes if it's their first time playing the modpack and they don't know how to get cobble (I for one was stuck getting cobblestone of all things ._.) so there should be a super early game drink that doesn't need a furnace but needs a decent amount of micromanagement.

So let us get water drops from cactus without a furnace somehow and give us cactus and sand along with the saplings in the sapling AE drive. Have each water drop restore like 10% thirst or something. That way people who are stuck can just make a cactus farm and aren't going to die of thirst before they even get a furnace.

Last edited:

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
I think the hydration system in general needs redoing because right now it's clunky and it has unintended issues with the Spice of Life mod (if you've drunk the same drink 3+ times you can't drink anymore even if you're super thirsty, which leads to unnecessary deaths). Also the Camel pack doesn't work and is only refillable with vanilla water bottles instead of the Fresh Water item you get from hammering snow (which I dont really think should even be a thing, just let us restore thirst from vanilla water bottles and be done with it IMO)
I agree. I feel like the new way is way too hard early game. It takes 50 minutes for one bottle of leaves to become a leaves cider. Fresh water takes levels and is very hard to get early game.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
On an unrelated note, I still have no way of making BC fluid pipes because the recipe requires liquid blueslime which is uncraftable..