[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Sheena-Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
I think the hydration system in general needs redoing because right now it's clunky and it has unintended issues with the Spice of Life mod (if you've drunk the same drink 3+ times you can't drink anymore even if you're super thirsty, which leads to unnecessary deaths). Also the Camel pack doesn't work and is only refillable with vanilla water bottles instead of the Fresh Water item you get from hammering snow (which I dont really think should even be a thing, just let us restore thirst from vanilla water bottles and be done with it IMO)

I agree. I feel like the new way is way too hard early game. It takes 50 minutes for one bottle of leaves to become a leaves cider. Fresh water takes levels and is very hard to get early game.

Ugh... so that is the reason why I suddenly was unable to refill my camel pack, because it turned back to normal water (which I believe was not intended)

Anyway, even if you are not very early, you can have some bad luck. Without stumbling over enough netherrack in my 1.1.17 which portet to 1.1.20 I would have constantly died of thirst, as the sudden need for leaves cider was a killer as they did not ferment fast enough (and I had to cheat a few bottles in as I had passed the quests before)

You need to know a lot from so many mods/modpacks to even have a slight chance to survive right now.

Still, I like it ^^ Only I lost my MyFit thanks to a death, not so uncommon it seems.

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
On an unrelated note, I still have no way of making BC fluid pipes because the recipe requires liquid blueslime which is uncraftable..
Did she change the recipe? The last time I played (1.1.18) I could make them easily by smelting some cacti..

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
On an unrelated note, I still have no way of making BC fluid pipes because the recipe requires liquid blueslime which is uncraftable..

Did she change the recipe? The last time I played (1.1.18) I could make them easily by smelting some cacti..

It was changed. Liquid blue slime can be obtained by getting slimy sapling from a quest reward, grow it, sheer the leaves, melt them in a ex nihilo crucible. Wished there would be a recipe to make slimy saplings.

icarusvsthesun

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anybody else is getting a consistent error when trying to download 1.2.1 from the FTB launcher. If so, does anyone know of a work around?

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
we really need a compendium of sorts for these new ex nihilo crucible recipes since none of them show up in NEI, Perhaps a book that shows up in a quest reward?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to drink the sapling cider? I died of dehydration from it not letting me drink it!

The leaves cider can be drank when your hunger isn't full. If you are full, just put it in a crafting grid (table or your own inventory) and it will turn to another form of leaves cider which you can drink when your hunger bar is full.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
It was changed. Liquid blue slime can be obtained by getting slimy sapling from a quest reward, grow it, sheer the leaves, melt them in a ex nihilo crucible. Wished there would be a recipe to make slimy saplings.
Oh ok, thanks. Yeah there should be a way to find or craft slimy saplings (slimeball + sapling, simple enough, that's how it's done on most ex nihilo modpacks I believe).

As it stands I'm going to take a break from this modpack - as much as I enjoy a challenge, the modpack feels more like treading through mollasses than actual difficulty. More documentation via quests / guidebooks and better recipes and this modpack will be so much more awesome.

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anybody else is getting a consistent error when trying to download 1.2.1 from the FTB launcher. If so, does anyone know of a work around?
Go to your ftb folder and find blast off and delete the folder , if u want to save your world just copy your world folder somewhere else to back it up.

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
So i died because i didn't know that i could just drink 3 bottles of water and spice of life couldn't let me drink another one. what the point of automating water production or hydration if u can only drink 3 every hour or so. by the time i drink my last one it would be like 35mins remaining till next hydration...

Feldmanovich_

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I started playing at version1.2.0 and it was good and all, now version 1.2.2 is out and i updated to it, all of my stuffs in the base are gone, everything I had so far, luckly i backuped my world, tried it again and only my quests got saved, what can I do? Please help me, I do want to play with the new quests and all in 1.2.2 and new stuffs and also keep my save and stuffs that I had in 1.2.0. Please help, thank you.

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
Just upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 and tried the melting snow quest. I finished it but it won't show as finished even though I got the rewards. Also why do you get a vanilla Anvil from that quest?

Reactions: dvMetamorph

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
So i died because i didn't know that i could just drink 3 bottles of water and spice of life couldn't let me drink another one. what the point of automating water production or hydration if u can only drink 3 every hour or so. by the time i drink my last one it would be like 35mins remaining till next hydration...
Use a camel pack, plus you can put it on your armor.