[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

randknu

Jul 29, 2019
I have a strange problem, there is an area in the middle of my base around the elevator it seems where i cannot do anything anymore, no place blocks, break blocks, open some guis but cannot make any changes inside, it's almost as if there is some script going to stop me from doing this. But that does not make any sense? tried restarting client and server but no go. no error messages in server window. What is going on any clue?

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I have a strange problem, there is an area in the middle of my base around the elevator it seems where i cannot do anything anymore, no place blocks, break blocks, open some guis but cannot make any changes inside, it's almost as if there is some script going to stop me from doing this. But that does not make any sense? tried restarting client and server but no go. no error messages in server window. What is going on any clue?
That would be the spawn chunk on a server. Either turn spawn protection off or give yourself OP

Double-D

Jul 29, 2019

If what you're talking about is on the second floor, it is several hqm quest gate blocks to keep you from accessing that area too early. They turn invisible after the first couple quests, and are represented by bedrock before that includeing during your first tour of the base.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
That would be the spawn chunk on a server. Either turn spawn protection off or give yourself OP

Yup. I got that one too. Forestry multifarm creates user forestry, ops it automatically and then spawn protection is enabled for non-opped users.

randknu

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. I got that one too. Forestry multifarm creates user forestry, ops it automatically and then spawn protection is enabled for non-opped users.
Ahaaaa, that explains why i had no problem before i built my farm... Thanks you very much. Opped myself fixed it.

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to run the launchserver.bat file, but every time I do I get "
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Press any key to continue..."
Help!?

wait... now I'm getting "
Error occurred during initialization of UM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the java Virtual Machine."

But I have plenty of memory open

Last edited:

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
This pack won't launch on Java 8 Update 25 (the latest version).... build 1.8.0_25-b18 - That's the Java build version, any ideas to fix this other than using a different version of Java. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0 - That is the line in the console that seems to be crashing it.
http://pastebin.com/91p0L0Gm - That is the full console log.

Last edited:

Wolfsbane

Jul 29, 2019
Been having crashes since I tried to play with droppers yesterday. This is the crash log from then, I was getting crashes every time I broke a dropper or tried to open its inventory:

http://pastebin.com/r9igVwq8

I put the dropper in the place where there used to be a ghost block from the MineChem projector, and that seems to have confused it.

Now today I get a crash every time I load the world:

http://pastebin.com/NUxPx1mD

I'm not an expert, but it looks like maybe a corrupted chunk? Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? I don't think I was doing anything particularly risky before I logged off, just clearing out hell to build a blaze farm and messing around with bees.

e: I checked it out in MCEdit and there's a corrupted chunk, which contained my automated MineChem decomposing system and not much else. Maybe chemical decomposers don't like being fed by transfer pipes or something?

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
This pack won't launch on Java 8 Update 25 (the latest version).... build 1.8.0_25-b18 - That's the Java build version, any ideas to fix this other than using a different version of Java. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0 - That is the line in the console that seems to be crashing it.
http://pastebin.com/91p0L0Gm - That is the full console log.
Changed down to Java 7 and appears to be working fine.. Not sure why Java 8 doesn't like it...

Lezchill

Jul 29, 2019
The smaller Spatial IO Port next to the victory monument stopped working for me. Whenever I try to recall my sugar cane farm, I'll press the button and the spatial storage cell will move to the other side of the IO Port GUI as if it worked, but the farm remains there. What do?

**Edit: Okay, now my game is just messing with me. I tried to override the sugar cane farm by putting the obsidian cube in. Didn't work. Then I tried the sugar cane farm again, the obsidian cube came back. I then put tried to recall it into the obsidian spatial cell, brought back the sugar cane farm. I have no idea what's happening anymore.

Last edited:

Kevin Brown

Jul 29, 2019
I run the launchserver.bat file and get

Error: Unable to access jarfile forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar
Press any key to continue...

Compugician

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack!

Just wondering: Is it normal / intended for things like mining the glowstone lamps from the inclusion chamber (that drop 2-6 glowstone dust) to add metadata to the drops causing them to be worthless for creating other items (like glowstone lamps)?

If so, can we get a list of the changes or a hint how to fix them without cheating?

NEI Glowstone Dust = 348
Mined / Dropped Glowstone Dust = 348:3

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack!

Just wondering: Is it normal / intended for things like mining the glowstone lamps from the inclusion chamber (that drop 2-6 glowstone dust) to add metadata to the drops causing them to be worthless for creating other items (like glowstone lamps)?

If so, can we get a list of the changes or a hint how to fix them without cheating?

NEI Glowstone Dust = 348
Mined / Dropped Glowstone Dust = 348:3

If you get regular glowstone, you can shift click chisel glowstone dust in an inventory with regular glowstone, and it should convert.