moments you realize you majorly overkilled

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Right now.
2014-09-21_18.19.35.png
about 50 min ago.
gVWxJpH.png

about 20 minutes ago
1Ay99GU.png

Reactions: pc_assassin

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What in the world would you use that kind of power for? :eek:

In every single world I make, I struggle and fight and try my hardest to build a base that requires me to have more than four or five dynamos (or equivalent) and doesn't involve a massfab or MFR laser... and most of the time I fail. Literally the only mods I can think of that are able to utilize any sort of serious power for regular, non-gimmick gameplay are IC2 and Extra Bees (and the former doesn't take RF).

As a result of this, I overkill pretty much by default when I build power production. It's really hard not to, the way pretty much every mod throws free power after you. Most of the time it's more fun to see how little you actually need... like that one time in 1.4.7 when I powered an entire RP2 sorting/processing system consisting of 12 sorters and 4 retrievers with a single thermopile, which on top of that had enough juice left to power a blulectric furnace for occasional manual smelting.

Of course, I've been proud of something big before, too. I called it The Heart Of The Mountain. Probably the single most expensive thing I ever built in any Minecraft world, it (and its associated infrastructure) took me about two RL weeks of crafting and mining, consuming the output of four max-size quarries plus extra in the process. I don't think I ever ran it at more than 20% output because even then I was struggling to keep up with scrap production for the massfab, but I liked having my own miniature sun at my beck and call anyways :cool:

P.S.: Someone tell Gideon that dying isn't a contest, even if we are talking about "overkill" here... :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The time I spent two whole days making hundreds of statues of reskinned french cavalry before bombarding them with CANNON.

Form square, gents, form square.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
What about 64 boring machine with silk touch and eff 5 going at 1 operation per tick?

All goig into extractors

Millions of ressources :D

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
after a world corrupting crash involving (I think) placing pneumatic puzzle pieces in crystal chest, I decided to take what I recently learned about transition planes, and modifying the uberminer... i havent gotten to that point yet, but i want to know, is a 16 by 60 wall of transition planes a good idea? and what about power? I imagine it would be cheaper than 16 mining wells on power.
960 transition planes is an ok idea if you can afford it. The newer 'chunk-destroyer' design is a lot cheaper on resources to make. The power cost would actually be very similar if you move it with mffs because of the enlarged area to move. I would highly recommend the mining well design over a tunnel bore.

Reactions: Liquid Klone

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Command blocks.

Use them to set every block in 64 entire chunks to TNT.
5 tick delay.
redstone signal.

Go make yourself a cup of tea, a sandwich, have a walk, do your tax return, get married, start a family with three delightful children, grow old and retire to a pleasant caribbean island,
then realise that the the 0.05FPS your minecraft client has been crawling along at is actually just masking the fact that it crashed 47 years ago and you've been a fool your entire life :)

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
When I decided I would try a certain very early infdev blocky sandbox game to help me bridge the gap on raid downtimes in wow...

oh wait....

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
What in the world would you use that kind of power for? :eek:

In every single world I make, I struggle and fight and try my hardest to build a base that requires me to have more than four or five dynamos (or equivalent) and doesn't involve a massfab or MFR laser... and most of the time I fail. Literally the only mods I can think of that are able to utilize any sort of serious power for regular, non-gimmick gameplay are IC2 and Extra Bees (and the former doesn't take RF).

As a result of this, I overkill pretty much by default when I build power production. It's really hard not to, the way pretty much every mod throws free power after you. Most of the time it's more fun to see how little you actually need... like that one time in 1.4.7 when I powered an entire RP2 sorting/processing system consisting of 12 sorters and 4 retrievers with a single thermopile, which on top of that had enough juice left to power a blulectric furnace for occasional manual smelting.

Of course, I've been proud of something big before, too. I called it The Heart Of The Mountain. Probably the single most expensive thing I ever built in any Minecraft world, it (and its associated infrastructure) took me about two RL weeks of crafting and mining, consuming the output of four max-size quarries plus extra in the process. I don't think I ever ran it at more than 20% output because even then I was struggling to keep up with scrap production for the massfab, but I liked having my own miniature sun at my beck and call anyways :cool:

P.S.: Someone tell Gideon that dying isn't a contest, even if we are talking about "overkill" here... :p
Upgraded Digiminer, (Ugraded) Ender Quarry, Full speed quarrys, large scale ME systems, Mekanism Machines in General, Autospawner, Grinder Setup, Powered Spawner, Soul Binder, Extractor, Bore, Lava Fabricator (for Botania Mana), etc...

There are a few ways to spend this power.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019

1:50
A super Soaryn drive which can be expanded indefinitely and only takes one channel from the main network.

Soaryn is the master of overkill :D

And uu matter. whole stable world of deep ocean full infinite amount[DOUBLEPOST=1413880917][/DOUBLEPOST]Play on agrarian skies with a friend automated everything I could with ae because why not. My are controller was on main platform had all my drives full of 64k and the largest extra cells one. 10 of the bees chest all full hooked into ae with storage buses and lots of machines all closes together that a pin couldn't fit between stuff. Tree farm next to it fully auto. Smelterys, the works basically. under the main floor was power gen 3 sets of crucibles about 10 long and big reactor bio reactors and access to to me network and even more storage. On top out 5 blocks from controller was all the bees automated and sifting gravel/sand/dust. I have a decent computer and get 100+ fps on a regular world with 150+ mods. I had about 400+ fps at first in void world and when I was within 5 blocks of controller I had 2 fps when I was able to move and couldn't access me network I would be forced out of it once I got away a lil or went to under floor access was flawless and fps was 200+ I learned where ae started to just say no I don't want to anymore.

Last edited:

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know you could make IC2 reactors that big... or is it just a bunch of mini-reactors right next to each other?

Anyway, usually when I start a new world, my first proper power-production is courtesy of a 25*25 (I get lucky with emeralds ;)) MFR tree farm, with jungle trees. By the time I'm done with the world, I'll still not have enough boilers to consume all the wood. Seems like a bit of a waste really.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know you could make IC2 reactors that big... or is it just a bunch of mini-reactors right next to each other?

Anyway, usually when I start a new world, my first proper power-production is courtesy of a 25*25 (I get lucky with emeralds ;)) MFR tree farm, with jungle trees. By the time I'm done with the world, I'll still not have enough boilers to consume all the wood. Seems like a bit of a waste really.
I believe it is possible to have them be bigger... But why would you?