moments you realize you majorly overkilled

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
This is a thread to post about moments you overkill ether because you just want to brag or feel powerful or you just don't know you overkill until it hapens

My overkill is creating a 11 by 11 by 5 big reactor with 9 power taps 108 fuel rods cooled by gellid cryothium and with 8 endurium energy Cells and 60 ae power cells just to power 1 controller and 1 crafting terminal

Reactions: Rance_Mohammitz

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
It was on a custom modpack with a couple of my IRL friends. One of them has a habit of being really annoying sometimes and one day he just pissed me off so much that I made a stack of the mo' explosives nukes. I then proceeded to set up a wireless redstone system that would let me instantaneously set them all off form where they positioned around his base at once from my base. Once I confirmed he was in his base I proceeded to do so, after ten server crashes later with no end in sight I realised I may have made a tiny mistake. :oops:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's been a long time since I did an overkill build for the last time... can't even remember the last one anymore...

ooh wait, I remember one, though it wasn't overkill because it was actually meant to be like that with the Agrarian Skies modpack
probably around 300 to 400 igneous extruders, all hooked onto itemducts leading into AE interfaces

my FPS got so bad that I just stood still the whole time until I completed the whole cobble quest, after that I immediatly broke down the whole setup

Reactions: GreatOrator

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Just build a bridge they said.

4HXjphg.png

a0QLHiI.png

QmB8TYO.png

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I had a bunch of cows in a pen with a rancher in Agrarian Skies for the milk quest.
I let it run over night and well, I completely filled a 64k fluid storage with milk :D
Then I put the fluid storage in a condenser to empty it out. It took a long time and made at least a stack of singularities

Also, the 4x ore processing from Mekanism. I built it merely "because I can", I already had plenty of resources and the 3x was sufficient.
Where did all those resources come from? Well, I have a fairly large oreberry farm and I can tell that it made way more aluminum than I got by mining because the aluminum that I get by combining oreberries is a different type. I guess it's the same for iron, gold, copper, tin and of course essence berries :D
Yes, I store my essence berries in a DSU :cool:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I once made 340 singularities. Then I stopped because I couldn't imagine using all of them :)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I made a 2000X2000(ish) hole down to the void on a server with world edit..... I think I crashed it 5 times. Ah well atleast I don't lag anymore in my 34x34x34 sky build :p

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Just 2 days ago, while playing around with Dartcraft for the first time, I had a super bomb. My bestfriend, my nephew, and I were standing probably about 50 or so blocks away, needless to say we all died. Didn't think we'd take that much damage from that far away, but we were laughing our tails off.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Just 2 days ago, while playing around with Dartcraft for the first time, I had a super bomb. My bestfriend, my nephew, and I were standing probably about 50 or so blocks away, needless to say we all died. Didn't think we'd take that much damage from that far away, but we were laughing our tails off.
Dartcraft is so OP and fun.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I should also mention the "forcefield mining machine" I made once with the old MFFS. I noticed that the block breaker upgrade for it actually mined the block. I'd go underground, turn the forcefield on for just a second and gradually increase the forcefield radius until I was blasting 1,000s of items all over the floor. This worked because I could pick them up pretty quickly, until I realized it was too dark to see anything. To fix this, I made a hole from the surface to the mining cavern to let in some light. What ended up happening was that the skylight functioned as a blowhole and blasted absurd amounts of item entities over a large radius.

Eventually the item buildup (that I didn't realize was happening at the time) crashed the server and forced the server admin to reset the entire area. I was just lucky to be friends with the server owner and get off with a scolding rather than a ban...

Reactions: Shabazza and ljfa

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I should also mention the "forcefield mining machine" I made once with the old MFFS. I noticed that the block breaker upgrade for it actually mined the block. I'd go underground, turn the forcefield on for just a second and gradually increase the forcefield radius until I was blasting 1,000s of items all over the floor.

I kinda did the same thing, but I put the entire rig on Redpower frames.
Had to caterpillar the enderchests and chunkloaders just to avoid scrambling random chunks.​
Kinda had a 6km long tunnel before the server admin noticed, only because it skimmed his basement.
(stripped the floor out- 1 block higher and I would have had his machines)