moments you realize you majorly overkilled

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Even the smallest Railcraft tank is overkill for milk storage - I only need a few buckets every so often

Reactions: pc_assassin

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I narrowly avoided major overkill in Agrarian Skies shortly after making a cobble generator with lava flowing into water, and getting some of the dusts from hammered gravel you can get from that to make a Thermal Expansion Terrain Smasher. :D I'd set it up to output directly into a JABBA barrel, and after six stacks of cobble were successfully produced, I realized I had solved my cobble problems forever! :D

Luckily it's very easy to switch a Terrain Smasher off with a lever, thank goodness! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Because it killed everyone's FPS :p

I once wanted to play Blood Magic. I made an entire modpack.

In addition to this, I was fed up of always waiting on mobs to be desimated by the WoS in ^^^^'s mod pack, so I made 3 WoS and had each of the blood altars that were being given blood feed into tanks, that would feed into another blood altar that would in-turn do all the blood altary stuff... and to make sure that it would keep up, it has (right now) 18 runes of dislocation... I am thinking about upping that number so it will replace the blood as quickly as it is used... even when I finally upgrade it to tier 5, and decide that I will have that tier use purely speed runes :D

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Every single time I've ever devoted a section of one of my multifarms to cocoa beans, I've always ended up with thousands of them, then I do some research on what I can use them for, then I realize that I have no specific application for them that would require thousands of cocoa beans, and then I remember that I did the exact same thing in my previous base.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised how popular this thread has become I just posted it yesterday and it already has a second page of posts

I think this overkill thread is overkill :p

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing Unstable 1.7.10 a few days ago. VeinMiner is... ridiculous. I've got two double chests full of ore with nothing more than an AE grindstone. I haven't even thought of a starting power source yet.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
I should also mention the "forcefield mining machine" I made once with the old MFFS. I noticed that the block breaker upgrade for it actually mined the block. I'd go underground, turn the forcefield on for just a second and gradually increase the forcefield radius until I was blasting 1,000s of items all over the floor. This worked because I could pick them up pretty quickly, until I realized it was too dark to see anything. To fix this, I made a hole from the surface to the mining cavern to let in some light. What ended up happening was that the skylight functioned as a blowhole and blasted absurd amounts of item entities over a large radius.

Eventually the item buildup (that I didn't realize was happening at the time) crashed the server and forced the server admin to reset the entire area. I was just lucky to be friends with the server owner and get off with a scolding rather than a ban...

I kinda did the same thing, but I put the entire rig on Redpower frames.
Had to caterpillar the enderchests and chunkloaders just to avoid scrambling random chunks.​
Kinda had a 6km long tunnel before the server admin noticed, only because it skimmed his basement.
(stripped the floor out- 1 block higher and I would have had his machines)

Everyone remembers dire's mining well chunk destroyer, right...? I may have set up one with 64 mining wells and a few hundred transition planes in the deep dark, lets just say on the first movement test it crashed the server (multiple times) and broke the whole thing :(. All in the name of progress right... :rolleyes:. Did I forget to mention the fact the admins motto is 'Go big or go home'.

C

chbachman

I decided that i needed a way to get mob drops.

Proceeded to make 10 tier 5 soul shards, for every hostile mob with good drops, and put them in their own "slaughterhouse" age. Then had them constantly being killed with turtles.

Good times, good times.

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Right now.
2014-09-21_18.19.35.png

Reactions: ThomazM

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Over kill.. Over kill.. Well, I actually like to go overkill in everything I can (for example, my Crash Landing has a 96x96 tree farm just for water and a 80x80 for wood and saplings (Which I will expand one more chunk as soon as i get the Machine Frames I need) but I think my worst overkill (which I actually had to dismantle) was a setup in Agrarian Skies which had one 10 blocks high smeltery for each kind of ore, fed by a farm with almost 2 thousand ore berries bushes (I built a vault for them, in rows, each row had 200 Bushes and if I remember correctly, I had completed 9 rows and was like at half of the tenth, but can't be sure). Then I had a 64k for each ore, filled, everything else went into singularities.. I left it all night and when I woke up the game was laggy as fuck, save and quit.. Then memory ran out everytime I tried to get in the save file again, had to dismantle it with World Edit to be able to get back to my world xD

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Over kill.. Over kill.. Well, I actually like to go overkill in everything I can (for example, my Crash Landing has a 96x96 tree farm just for water and a 80x80 for wood and saplings (Which I will expand one more chunk as soon as i get the Machine Frames I need) but I think my worst overkill (which I actually had to dismantle) was a setup in Agrarian Skies which had one 10 blocks high smeltery for each kind of ore, fed by a farm with almost 2 thousand ore berries bushes (I built a vault for them, in rows, each row had 200 Bushes and if I remember correctly, I had completed 9 rows and was like at half of the tenth, but can't be sure). Then I had a 64k for each ore, filled, everything else went into singularities.. I left it all night and when I woke up the game was laggy as fuck, save and quit.. Then memory ran out everytime I tried to get in the save file again, had to dismantle it with World Edit to be able to get back to my world xD
This is an intervention
XD[DOUBLEPOST=1411354363][/DOUBLEPOST]
Right now.
2014-09-21_18.19.35.png
What kind of dynamo are those and what are they running on?

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone remembers dire's mining well chunk destroyer, right...? I may have set up one with 64 mining wells and a few hundred transition planes in the deep dark, lets just say on the first movement test it crashed the server (multiple times) and broke the whole thing :(. All in the name of progress right... :rolleyes:. Did I forget to mention the fact the admins motto is 'Go big or go home'.
after a world corrupting crash involving (I think) placing pneumatic puzzle pieces in crystal chest, I decided to take what I recently learned about transition planes, and modifying the uberminer... i havent gotten to that point yet, but i want to know, is a 16 by 60 wall of transition planes a good idea? and what about power? i immagine itd be cheaper than 16mining wells on power.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I once wanted infinite iridium without using UU so I made a giant setup comprised of turning cobblestone to iridium without using UU. it was incredibly impraticle an clogged up constantly