moments you realize you majorly overkilled

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
That was said to be a bug and not suppose to happen ;)
Was said but no a feature fireball1725 said that to basically mess with soaryn about his sad and he didn't know someone was recording and he has apologized for it and there have been multiple people that have corrected what he said to let everyone know just a troll

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Was said but no a feature fireball1725 said that to basically mess with soaryn about his sad and he didn't know someone was recording and he has apologized for it and there have been multiple people that have corrected what he said to let everyone know just a troll
Source? I heard that recording as well and I was kinda worried.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
subnetting takes one channel even through p2p. p2p allows you to move a "full" set of channels though one channel of another cable. the subnet would be coming off the first group of items(buses/export/import) but only take one channel you can have 6 "items" off that subnet if using smart cable if you decided to connect another subnet but on the orignal items coming off the p2p has only used one channel for 8+ things which is expandable as long as you keep expanding using interfaces and storage busses between subnets. Now my thinking is you can have the max of 32 on dense cable so 32 storage drives altogether thats fine and move over a few blocks another set yes but to have it the same way as i did with ae1 i cant do it the same because i wasnt limited by channels max 32 i but with subnets i cant hide the cables like i did under the floor with ae1
i couldnt make it as long but i could make a gap between them like support pillars so they wont connect when i have more than 32
If you're willing to pay the extra cost, just stick a P2P tunnel under each stack of drives. The closest path will always be through the tunnel below so you'll defeat the problem of channels pathing through your machines. You should be able to build banks of drives as long as you want. You can sort out the channel management of the tunnels under your floor.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
If you're willing to pay the extra cost, just stick a P2P tunnel under each stack of drives. The closest path will always be through the tunnel below so you'll defeat the problem of channels pathing through your machines. You should be able to build banks of drives as long as you want. You can sort out the channel management of the tunnels under your floor.
If you can build this and screenshot it for me

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to make my base walls out of obsidian, so I set up an obsidian gen. I never really turned it off, and got about 2 million obsidian in a DSU. Might upgrade it though so I can get it up to 25 million, which is enough to blanked the worldbordered server I play on :D.

Also I only ended up using 40k obsidian for the walls. All chiseled and hand placed :D

Another player on the server wanted to trade mob essence for certus quartz at a 1bucket : 1 quartz ratio. I built a farm and sent him 9400 buckets within an hour of starting it up. I did think about letting it run overnight.

I made a fully automated 3x3 chunk harvestcraft farm and autoprocessing unit in order to feed ... me. "FREE DELIGH'ED MEALS FOR E'RYBODY!"

I once built a 2km long nether road in vanilla minecraft and a junction skyscraper for it.

And whilst this is not particularily overblow, i wanted to make 3 quarry+ses an hour ago, and accidentally made 6 because I'm bad at math.

Reactions: loboca

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Worst I've done was 2 max size (25x25) MFR cactus farms for a total of 625 cactus plants growing to supplyherba for my mana bean farm's 8 lamps of growth.

Reactions: rdemay91

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
At one point in a single player world, I setup 9 fully functional ic2 reactors, that was expensive. I also had a super efficient glowstone generator (1.6 thermal expansion feature/bug) and had close to half a million glowstone before I shut it off, I then sold it on the server, I'm evil. I also abused the jet fuel resivor (sp) glitch to power a extractor at 1 operation a tick, I had so much everything lmao

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to make my base walls out of obsidian, so I set up an obsidian gen. I never really turned it off, and got about 2 million obsidian in a DSU. Might upgrade it though so I can get it up to 25 million, which is enough to blanked the worldbordered server I play on :D.

Also I only ended up using 40k obsidian for the walls. All chiseled and hand placed :D
Where did you get all the lava from? The nether?[DOUBLEPOST=1414186190][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait dsu can be upgraded
I think he means upgrading the obsidian production

Last edited:

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that makes more sense cause dsu can store billions and I was thinking a feature I must now try out never knew about lol

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up auto crafting for Gregtech fusion reactor components and quantum tanks. Best part: I had everything I needed.
Did this in 1.4.7 mindcrack pack. Overlapped four fusion reactors and got all my rubies for chrome from bees. Quite the sight.

EDIT: Oh yea and when I turned on the fuel generation for those four fusion reactors it crashed the server. Didnt account for the 600+ ticking entities I made in my build to support the power generation.

Reactions: ljfa

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually exploiting another COFH bug that I thought was a feature, where cryotheum will turn lava into obsidian regardless of whether it's a source block or not. It's appearently related to the glowstone bug, and I found it after snooping around trying to find an alternative to compressed cobble that got removed from our server along with extra utils.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually exploiting another COFH bug that I thought was a feature, where cryotheum will turn lava into obsidian regardless of whether it's a source block or not. It's appearently related to the glowstone bug, and I found it after snooping around trying to find an alternative to compressed cobble that got removed from our server along with extra utils.
Glowstone bug got fixed ages ago

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
They're still working on the Obsidian bug afaik. Just give it a go in creative, place down one block of lava in one channel, and cryotheum down another channel so they flow in opposite directions...the flowing lava will turn into obsidian.

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
They're still working on the Obsidian bug afaik. Just give it a go in creative, place down one block of lava in one channel, and cryotheum down another channel so they flow in opposite directions...the flowing lava will turn into obsidian.
lava facricator hooked up to a mekanism solar with any infinite water in a igneous extruder does the same, but more fun imho :)

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I thought "yuh overkill" after leaving 2 MFR lasers + RoC extractor for a month, and logging in to find 200k+ diamonds in my AE.