Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Biomes of Plenty and nope.
Bah. Next possible related question then. In monster with ATG+BoP+Highlands, when travelling across certain biome boundaries you get very abrupt change of sky colours. I wouldn't so much mind the custom sky colours if it wasn't for all the flickering when travelling. So looking on how to disable it. Anyone got any ideas to what is adding it? Tried disabling: B:"Enable Sky Colors"=true in the BoP config but didn't help. Cant find anything in the ATG or Highlands config on it.

It is really damn annoying when travelling across coastlines etc where you cross 2-3 blocks thick biomes with different sky colours than the rest.

EDIT: It seems to be BoP biomes that triggers the custom sky colours, despite having disabled the sky colour option in the config.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
So about 10 or so minutes ago as of the time I'm writing this, I was in my world, recharging my wand, when a creeper (riding a spider) sneaks up on me from over the hill, explodes, and instantly vaporizes me. Since I died from an explosion, I didn't get a grave; my items were dropped as normal. When I respawn, I rush back over there as quickly as possible, and get my stuff back... only to realize that all of my tools and armour are missing. (We're talking top-tier TiC Pick and Longsword, plus TC Silverwood Wand and Axe of the Stream.) There are a couple of Pech. I kill one of them, and he (it?) drops only dirt. The other one runs back over the hill. I follow it, but it has vanished. Furthermore, I don't see any monsters carrying any of my stuff, so the Pech must have gotten it all.

So my question is this: If a Pech is holding your items, is it possible for it to despawn?

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way via an AE network to export enchanted items to the auto-disenchanter, then combine all non-enchanted items until they are at 100%. The cyclic assembler I tried using takes the enchanted items as well as the unenchanted ones, and I don't see a way to raise the priority on the auto-disenchanter so it doesn't. I also didn't see a way to use a single CA for all different types of items (chestplates, bows, boots etc).
The only way I can think of is to have an auto-disenchanter export directly to an assembler, using diamond pipes so each assembler only has one item (i.e. one takes golden leggings, one takes iron chestplates etc), but that's too messy imo.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue where a fluiduct has disappeared and any time I try to remove or place a fluiduct next to it or place a cover in that block my game crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

It only seems to happen with a fluiduct with a cover on it attached to a geothermal generator. I've had this happen on a previous world as well. Lava is still able to go through into the generator and fluiducts pass that one so it's not game-breaking, but having a hole in the wall is a bit of eyesore.

*edit* Also, I'm attempting to use a light sensor to make an automatic lighting system that turns on when it's night-time but I can't really figure it out. I've messed around with it in my test world and the red mode doesn't react to being day or night and both the blue+red and blue modes still produce a redstone signal albeit a weak one during the night. I could make it work using vanilla redstone but I was wondering if there was a way to do it with redstone wire.

Last edited:

Sandro Cella

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks Radio. The volume of the radio is not affected by the in-game volume slider. If i adjust Windows volume, it affect the volume both of in game sound and the radio. Anyway to adjust the volume of the Openblock Radio only?

Thanks

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Openblocks Radio. The volume of the radio is not affected by the in-game volume slider. If i adjust Windows volume, it affect the volume both of in game sound and the radio. Anyway to adjust the volume of the Openblock Radio only?

Thanks
The volume of the radio I'd determined by the strength if redstone signal

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So about 10 or so minutes ago as of the time I'm writing this, I was in my world, recharging my wand, when a creeper (riding a spider) sneaks up on me from over the hill, explodes, and instantly vaporizes me. Since I died from an explosion, I didn't get a grave; my items were dropped as normal. When I respawn, I rush back over there as quickly as possible, and get my stuff back... only to realize that all of my tools and armour are missing. (We're talking top-tier TiC Pick and Longsword, plus TC Silverwood Wand and Axe of the Stream.) There are a couple of Pech. I kill one of them, and he (it?) drops only dirt. The other one runs back over the hill. I follow it, but it has vanished. Furthermore, I don't see any monsters carrying any of my stuff, so the Pech must have gotten it all.

So my question is this: If a Pech is holding your items, is it possible for it to despawn?

My experience says they do despawn with your items. Also, killing them doesn't guarantee your item back they will most likely drop the item they picked up however, it is like a 30% chance they may drop something else. I've tested this using an auto-spawner on exact copy.

VVRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod is it that overrides the vanilla Bedrock? Seems to be Factorization or Thaumic Tinkerer, but could not find config options for either. The Bedrock I found in my world was identified as being from Factorization. When I looked into Factorization's config the ID the bedrock had was the same as Factorization's "Fractured Bedrock." Any tips on how to get the vanilla Bedrock back?

EDIT: Currently using the Direwolf20 pack, 1.0.16

Since I fear it got buried without an answer, I'll try again. Any tips?

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
What can i use to create a huge amount of EU? I need to create roughly 10,000 eu/t, to fuel multiple laser drills and mass fabricators. Please don't suggest solars, since I live underground and don't like them. I used to use an MFR tree farm with an emerald upgrade, but it would produce enough charcoal only to fuel 4 36HP steam boilers, giving roughly 800 eu/t using steam turbines. I could setup half a dozen tree farms, but I don't want to crash from lag, and one itself is laggy enough. Not to mention the sheer amounts of steel involved for the turbines. I use FTB Unleashed, so gregtech's fusion reactors are out too. Nuclear reactors are ok, but the most powerful ones i found output 420 eu/t, and i would need around 25 of them, and fueling them would be tough even with uranium bees.
Any suggestions?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way via an AE network to export enchanted items to the auto-disenchanter, then combine all non-enchanted items until they are at 100%. The cyclic assembler I tried using takes the enchanted items as well as the unenchanted ones, and I don't see a way to raise the priority on the auto-disenchanter so it doesn't. I also didn't see a way to use a single CA for all different types of items (chestplates, bows, boots etc).
The only way I can think of is to have an auto-disenchanter export directly to an assembler, using diamond pipes so each assembler only has one item (i.e. one takes golden leggings, one takes iron chestplates etc), but that's too messy imo.

If you'll notice, Enchanted and disenchanted items tend to have different properties, I have found a fuzzy export bus will actually distinguish between enchanted and non-enchanted but doesn't distinguish between the enchants or damage values (which in this situation I believe you want)

If you have an export bus that only exports enchanted items, you can have it set to a higher priority than the bus which exports non-enchanted items.

EDIT: The limitation on this is you can only have 8 types of items per face.

Sandro Cella

Jul 29, 2019
The volume of the radio I'd determined by the strength if redstone signal

My bad, Redstone signal does affect the strenght, but 1 player on our server said the radio is soft, and has it blasting in his base(lever right next to the radio). Its painfull for me if i go near his radio. My radio is nearly max distance of redstone, but the first players says he can barely hear it. Wondering if their a way to adjust this without have to use the windows settings.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
My bad, Redstone signal does affect the strenght, but 1 player on our server said the radio is soft, and has it blasting in his base(lever right next to the radio). Its painfull for me if i go near his radio. My radio is nearly max distance of redstone, but the first players says he can barely hear it. Wondering if their a way to adjust this without have to use the windows settings.

Perhaps use a player detector of some sort set to this player alone so that when he's near your radio, it detects it and turns it up (ie. have the player detector right next to the radio to provide max strength signal)[DOUBLEPOST=1393833066][/DOUBLEPOST]
Since I fear it got buried without an answer, I'll try again. Any tips?
The only answer I have to your original post is to remove the mods that interfere with it, or spawn in vanilla bedrock when needed (if you type in the vanilla ID into the /give command it will give you vanilla bedrock still even though it's not in NEI)

neosatan

Jul 29, 2019
What can i use to create a huge amount of EU? I need to create roughly 10,000 eu/t, to fuel multiple laser drills and mass fabricators. Please don't suggest solars, since I live underground and don't like them. I used to use an MFR tree farm with an emerald upgrade, but it would produce enough charcoal only to fuel 4 36HP steam boilers, giving roughly 800 eu/t using steam turbines. I could setup half a dozen tree farms, but I don't want to crash from lag, and one itself is laggy enough. Not to mention the sheer amounts of steel involved for the turbines. I use FTB Unleashed, so gregtech's fusion reactors are out too. Nuclear reactors are ok, but the most powerful ones i found output 420 eu/t, and i would need around 25 of them, and fueling them would be tough even with uranium bees.
Any suggestions?

My dear sir, you have a serious power demand. Do you really need that much? But to the point, I would go with mixed ways to get that amount of power. Nuke plant isn't really that efficient when it comes to high amount of EU/t, they are better at supplying lower power at longer time. Even with solars, it would take 20 HV ones...

You can mix solid fuel boilers and liquid fuel boilers to get max of a tree farms. Thus it's still a large amount of boilers, turbines and tree farms...

Reactions: WeaponMaster

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
If you'll notice, Enchanted and disenchanted items tend to have different properties, I have found a fuzzy export bus will actually distinguish between enchanted and non-enchanted but doesn't distinguish between the enchants or damage values (which in this situation I believe you want)

If you have an export bus that only exports enchanted items, you can have it set to a higher priority than the bus which exports non-enchanted items.

EDIT: The limitation on this is you can only have 8 types of items per face.
I don't see a priority option on fuzzy export buses

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see a priority option on fuzzy export buses
My apologies

However, it should still work if the export buses are set to only enchanted or non-enchanted respectively
Because no enchanted items will go through the non-enchanted route

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions?

First, a miscalculation on your part - a 36 Hp can supply two steam turbines worth of steam, not one. So you're looking at 1500-1600 EU/t from those four boilers, not 800.

Second - Biofuel. You can fuel additional boilers by converting the saplings from your tree farm into liquid fuel. There are two options for this: MFR biofuel, and Forestry ethanol. The former can be much more powerful, but it requires you to run the biofuel processor with up to 6 different kinds of plant matter at once. If you have only one kind of sapling but immense masses of it, then Forestry is likely to be more efficient.

Third - Tree breeding. Depending on what tree you currently use and what else you have available to work with (and whether or not MFR is already capable of growing Forestry trees in 1.5.x, I forget) you can massively increase the output of a tree farm in both charcoal and ethanol by getting some new species. This becomes even more pronounced if you then breed a hybrid with good traits. Though compared to just getting the species, which is easy, the hybrid breeding takes real work. That of course means you're going to need even more steam turbines...

Fourth - Tower of Power(tm). Look for a cheap to build, moderate-efficiency nuclear reactor design with 4 chambers or less, and then stack dozens of them. Try for something around efficiency 4; running at 3 will consume uranium too quickly. Also look into running a breeder to multiply your uranium yield. Also, if you are brave, you can look into CRS reactors. Using additional fuel-less reactors as external cooling towers and fully automated coolant cell cycling, they can run at higher efficiencies and output than regular, internally-cooled designs.

Fifth - Mix and match. Don't look for a single source, but rather use multiple different ones. Combine reactors and steam turbnes, and if your base wasn't underground I'd have said throw solars into the mix too. You could also set up a nether pump to supply a large bank of geothermals; fifty of them will produce another 1000 EU/t.

Finally - Gradual buildup. Don't look for 10k EU/t at once, but rather start with 2k and, once that is up and running and powering a drill and/or massfab, use the gain from that infrastructure to expand it.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So with the Hit Splat Damage Indicators mod, how do you install custom UI skins for it? Every single tutorial out there that I see only goes as far as telling you the normal 'how to instal the mod' stuff. I cant find a single thing on how to add in a new skin. There are a few community skins made I wanted to try, but I can't find out any way to install them. Even the Config file tells me nada.
# The Currently Selected Skin Path.
S:portrait_Skin=/DITextures/Minimal/
Okay.. thats a folder in the mod's zip... the folder never extracts or copies from anywhere.. I am at a loss. I did try adding the skin to the mod zip but that just did some crazy nonsense to the game.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
There was a mod I remember seeing a buddy use once that had a block that was a fake sun. Anyone know what mod/mods a block like that might be in? The example cases was putting it in caves underground and burning zombies, running beacons in the nether, and solar panels in the end. It just caused what was directly beneath it to consider it as open sky and day above.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does the Horizons pack have a native way to determine block states like the BC Gates?

Stuff like "has work" or "tank full" and any/all that jazz.

Pretty sure the answer is no but I'm looking to see if I can switch Rotarycraft engines machines off/on depending on states.