Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, we are aiming for a whole range of updates to our 1.4.7 packs on Monday.[DOUBLEPOST=1369600490][/DOUBLEPOST]
I found a way to reduce the lag from the Beta Packs. It has worked for me, I can't promise it will work for everyone else.
I'm a big user of MultiMC (so many test packs, gods help me), but it is possible to provide additional java parameters in the Launcher as well. Just click Options, then Advanced Options, and there's a handy dandy Additional Java Parameters field there as well.

MaxPermSize can be used to help a fair few mods, and is a worthy flag to try out. 512M might be a little large, 256M can also be quite useful .. In any case, give it a shot, and see how your game works with it.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, we are aiming for a whole range of updates to our 1.4.7 packs on Monday.[DOUBLEPOST=1369600490][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm a big user of MultiMC (so many test packs, gods help me), but it is possible to provide additional java parameters in the Launcher as well. Just click Options, then Advanced Options, and there's a handy dandy Additional Java Parameters field there as well.

MaxPermSize can be used to help a fair few mods, and is a worthy flag to try out. 512M might be a little large, 256M can also be quite useful .. In any case, give it a shot, and see how your game works with it.
Thanks for the information. I actually didn't even think to look there. Also a quick question. Does it recognize the additional JVM Arguments if they are defined per instance in the instance.cfg. My private pack crashes every 10 minutes without using more PermGen memory. With it I can go a whole week without crashing.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the information. I actually didn't even think to look there. Also a quick question. Does it recognize the additional JVM Arguments if they are defined per instance in the instance.cfg. My private pack crashes every 10 minutes without using more PermGen memory. With it I can go a whole week without crashing.
I *suspect* that this setting would apply to all instances.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
0.4 has been released for the 1.5.2 pack ... Dartcraft and Thaumic Tinkerer added to NonGregtech Pack, Thaumic Tinkerer added to WithGregTech pack..

I'm still getting the same problems when trying to download and install the pack .. I keep getting Vanilla 1.5.2, will I have to do another manual install or is there another way round the problem ?

Reactions: Merachon

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
There is an issue, and we're beating things with sticks until it works.

#blamecaptainnana :p

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
There is an issue, and we're beating things with sticks until it works.

#blamecaptainnana :p
Let me guess. PermGen Space error? I got that in mine when installing Thaumic Tinkerer. I had the same problem if that is so

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
0.4 has been released for the 1.5.2 pack ... Dartcraft and Thaumic Tinkerer added to NonGregtech Pack, Thaumic Tinkerer added to WithGregTech pack..

I'm still getting the same problems when trying to download and install the pack .. I keep getting Vanilla 1.5.2, will I have to do another manual install or is there another way round the problem ?

Have tried reinstalling several times with all packs yet to no avail, any version of 'with gregtech' seems to be screwed for me, whereas the version without gregtech works fine (albeit without gregtech which I enjoy, once of course I have tinkered with the configs.)

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Have tried reinstalling several times with all packs yet to no avail, any version of 'with gregtech' seems to be screwed for me, whereas the version without gregtech works fine (albeit without gregtech which I enjoy, once of course I have tinkered with the configs.)

I've tried with and without its all screwed for me :(

Reactions: erdubya

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
heh can't catch a break. So I check back to see if we've got passwords and we do, problem is the pack doesn't download the mods lol

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
heh can't catch a break. So I check back to see if we've got passwords and we do, problem is the pack doesn't download the mods lol

Make sure you are selecting version .02 of the pack. .03 and later seem to have some issues. Change the dropdown in the launcher from recommended to the version listed above.

Reactions: MFINN23 and andbruu

TheVirQ

Jul 29, 2019
Why you guys wanting 1.5.x version? Play on 1.4.7 stable with all mods, and just wait to 1.6 straight. Patience, patience..

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
For some people it's to learn the new mods that have 1.5 versions that will be in 1.6. There are going to be a lot of changes even from 1.5-1.6, much less 1.4.7-1.6. Just look at all the newer stuff for MPS. Add in the new mods such as Natura, Tinker's Construct, MFR's Rednet, Extra utilities, as well as any other mods that may be added and you could see why some people would want to familiarize themselves with what's available. Let us not forget either than 1.6 most likely won't be compatible with 1.4.7 worlds due to changes made in some mods such as TE, as well as new world gen.

Personally, I would like to see Ars Magica in but I can understand why they're against it due to it having similar systems to the old EE2, but if they are able to modify the configs in a meaningful way to make it so, say, making 400 Igneous Extruders is not viable for a diamond farm using the conversion factors then they might be able to put it in (though this would probably take a lot of effort to balance properly hence the reason they don't want to put it in). Another possible addition would be UE with Mekanism, though these might be seen as just adding extra bagging since it's basically another power system and more thing to work with it a la buildcraft or industrialcraft. The bonus with UE is of course the built in method of power conversion.

Basically, we don't know what all will be in or out, what all will be changed, and we know that 1.4.7 will most likely have a hard time being upgraded to the 1.6 version of the pack, so some of us want to mess around with 1.5.2 to get a feel for things, especially since a 1.6 pack will definitely be a long ways off. Watch Mojang release a stable version of 1.6 as FTB gets a stable version of 1.5.2 -_-

Reactions: Sertas
Status
Not open for further replies.