Age of Engineering Series!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Nah, it's pretty easy. I've killed it with a Tinker's Longsword before. Requires a bit of patience, but it's totally doable.

C

Closet Gamer

Nah, it's pretty easy. I've killed it with a Tinker's Longsword before. Requires a bit of patience, but it's totally doable.
And here's me working my way towards being a mini-tank xD

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Dark armour, sweet ass cross bow! Got it! Staff of travel?

Well prepare yourselves for a dick-rippingly frustrating episode lads - I'm an end virgin :D

Honestly, me too - I've never done the End solo.

I would actually get a staff of Travel to be honest - its not that expensive, but if you get knocked off an island, its probably the only thing that might save you. Upgrade its power storage too if you can, and/or take a battery or capacitor that can keep it charged.

I get knocked off EVERY damn time, so I'm very paranoid about it...

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

Honestly, me too - I've never done the End solo.

I would actually get a staff of Travel to be honest - its not that expensive, but if you get knocked off an island, its probably the only thing that might save you. Upgrade its power storage too if you can, and/or take a battery or capacitor that can keep it charged.

I get knocked off EVERY damn time, so I'm very paranoid about it...
I once solo'd Molten Core in World of Warcraft as a lvl 70 warlock... Maybe that could be classed as relevant experience lol but it's weird, all the minecraft I've played and I've never had the want or need to go to the end! Crazy! Should be a fun episode though - I'm looking forward to it! :D

So, my prep list is this so far:
Dark steel armour with glider upgrades
Staff of Travel
Battery or capacitor
A hunger/nutrition module
Kick ass sword and bow with infinity
A storage bag of some kind?
Bottles for dragon breath
Standard tools fully repaired
Plenty of food and cobblestone
Bee sccops and bee bag
Plenty of ender pearls and eyes

To do list when I get there!
Kill the dragon and loot the heart and collect the breath
Farm some of that fruit stuff
Find an End fortress and an Elytra
Mine some end ores and stone
Collect some bees

Sound good? Am I missing anything?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I once solo'd Molten Core in World of Warcraft as a lvl 70 warlock... Maybe that could be classed as relevant experience lol but it's weird, all the minecraft I've played and I've never had the want or need to go to the end! Crazy! Should be a fun episode though - I'm looking forward to it! :D

So, my prep list is this so far:
Dark steel armour with glider upgrades
Staff of Travel
Battery or capacitor
A hunger/nutrition module
Kick ass sword and bow with infinity
A storage bag of some kind?
Bottles for dragon breath
Standard tools fully repaired
Plenty of food and cobblestone
Bee sccops and bee bag
Plenty of ender pearls and eyes

To do list when I get there!
Kill the dragon and loot the heart and collect the breath
Farm some of that fruit stuff
Find an End fortress and an Elytra
Mine some end ores and stone
Collect some bees

Sound good? Am I missing anything?

That sounds like a really good list actually. I tend to go the piston route for recovering the Dragon egg, but that's a personal thing.

I think you'll need to go through one of the portals once the dragon is killed in order to get the chorus fruit as I suspect they only grow on the outer islands. If they generate, have a look around for Ender Lillies - I know endermen farms have their advantages for getting ender pearls as you can also get the heads, but you can make a passive ender pearl farm without too much expense or hassle that will just get pearls slowly for you in the background, which I think is worthwhile.

C

Closet Gamer

That sounds like a really good list actually. I tend to go the piston route for recovering the Dragon egg, but that's a personal thing.

I think you'll need to go through one of the portals once the dragon is killed in order to get the chorus fruit as I suspect they only grow on the outer islands. If they generate, have a look around for Ender Lillies - I know endermen farms have their advantages for getting ender pearls as you can also get the heads, but you can make a passive ender pearl farm without too much expense or hassle that will just get pearls slowly for you in the background, which I think is worthwhile.
Tell me more about this dragon egg! Didn't even know aboit it! :D

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Tell me more about this dragon egg! Didn't even know aboit it! :D

The Egg is a Vanilla Item, commonly known in the regular game as the highest achievement to obtain. You can collect in by either right clicking it to the ground and putting a torch under it. Or using a piston to push the egg from the block state into an item state.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Another good reason for the staff of travel is to get up to the obsidian pillars that have the iron bars surrounding the dragon 'replenisher' thing. Not sure if it's completely necessary to take all the replenishers out but I always do as it's a pain otherwise.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Another good reason for the staff of travel is to get up to the obsidian pillars that have the iron bars surrounding the dragon 'replenisher' thing. Not sure if it's completely necessary to take all the replenishers out but I always do as it's a pain otherwise.
@Closet Gamer Do watch out for the Ender Crystals exploding when you break them though, they do that. Quite violently.

C

Closet Gamer

Go on, do it with a stick :)

Now there is a challenge, what is the dps of a stick Vs the 200hp of the Ender Dragon

@Closet Gamer Do watch out for the Ender Crystals exploding when you break them though, they do that. Quite violently.

So I take it shooting them from a distance is the best option otherwise death by explosions!

C

Closet Gamer

The Egg is a Vanilla Item, commonly known in the regular game as the highest achievement to obtain. You can collect in by either right clicking it to the ground and putting a torch under it. Or using a piston to push the egg from the block state into an item state.
So, piston is now on the list! :)

C

Closet Gamer

Prepare your butts - it's automated nutrient production in episode 24 of Age of Engineering! This is quite a long one, in fact it's probably the longest video I've done so fsr. I usually aim for 30 mins max so I hope that is ok :)

Last edited:

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
like how you are getting along with the pack.. i basicly finished the pack back at the day and moved 100% into po2 kappa mode and been doing that along with struggling in life

C

Closet Gamer

like how you are getting along with the pack.. i basicly finished the pack back at the day and moved 100% into po2 kappa mode and been doing that along with struggling in life
Thanks man! I looked into po2 and it looks really interesting, I might give it a go after I finish AoE :)