Age of Engineering Series!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Distilled water is better. The ratio there is 1 Lapis Dust to 1 Bucket of Distilled water, which is then one cell. With water you need 8 Lapis Dust and 8 buckets of water to make one cell. Solar distillers make it slowly, or you can use the method Direwolf did which is to use steam from any source pumped into Steam turbines, which has the side effect of producing power, and distilled water.

C

Closet Gamer

Distilled water is better. The ratio there is 1 Lapis Dust to 1 Bucket of Distilled water, which is then one cell. With water you need 8 Lapis Dust and 8 buckets of water to make one cell. Solar distillers make it slowly, or you can use the method Direwolf did which is to use steam from any source pumped into Steam turbines, which has the side effect of producing power, and distilled water.

To make Overclocker upgrades. You need a Fluid/Solid canning machine with Water and Lapis dust. And then tin plates.
The Age of Plates

Got it, cheers for the help guys! I plan to power up my vertical digger soon, any tips on where to place the phantom faces? Never used them :S

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 22! The ender age! Dun dun duuuuuun :)

I've been enjoying watching your progress so sorry if I don't comment on your youtube channel - I used to have an account but it got messed up a while ago when they were merging accounts from different sites and I gave up trying to fix it.

Anyway, I thought you might want a few ideas ...

You used some extra drawers to fill in the corners in your storage system but there's a block called a 'trim' that will specifically do that job.

You can use a transformer upgrade in your macerator so it can accept/use MV power. It'd simplify your wiring a bit and speed up the machine! (Remember to remove wire before you put the upgrade in, just in case).

All the forestry machines (carpenter, squeezer, thermionic fabricator) all use energy continuously but you can prevent that by applying a redstone signal

You might want to look at processing cobble rather than dirt for the calculator circuits (making the reassembly chamber the main machine instead of the restoration chamber). Then you can use the very cheap cobblestone generator for input rather then having to provide dirt yourself.

Also, you're going to need to get loads of circuits for later on and it's hard to store them. The mod is a bit buggy and it's own storage system doesn't seem to work very well - I copied another youtuber (SystemCollapse) and used 'bins' as they can store a ton of non-stackable items.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

I've been enjoying watching your progress so sorry if I don't comment on your youtube channel - I used to have an account but it got messed up a while ago when they were merging accounts from different sites and I gave up trying to fix it.

Hey buddy, it's cool - YouTube comments help with ranking but here is fine with me! I understand how aggravating YT can be :) Thanks for taking the time to write all this out. I appreciate it must have taken some time so cheers for that. I'm happy to have you along :D

Anyway, I thought you might want a few ideas ...

You used some extra drawers to fill in the corners in your storage system but there's a block called a 'trim' that will specifically do that job.

I knew there must of been a better way other than the derpy method I used! I'll remember that for next time.

You can use a transformer upgrade in your macerator so it can accept/use MV power. It'd simplify your wiring a bit and speed up the machine! (Remember to remove wire before you put the upgrade in, just in case).
I had no idea about this but it makes perfect sense. It will simplify my wiring system no end and better speed is definitely good! Can you use the upgrade for the block cutter too?
All the forestry machines (carpenter, squeezer, thermionic fabricator) all use energy continuously but you can prevent that by applying a redstone signal
Man! I was wondering why my RF was being drained constantly. That's a valuable tip, those suckers are getting levers fitted as soon as I'm next on!

You might want to look at processing cobble rather than dirt for the calculator circuits (making the reassembly chamber the main machine instead of the restoration chamber). Then you can use the very cheap cobblestone generator for input rather then having to provide dirt yourself.

Also, you're going to need to get loads of circuits for later on and it's hard to store them. The mod is a bit buggy and it's own storage system doesn't seem to work very well - I copied another youtuber (SystemCollapse) and used 'bins' as they can store a ton of non-stackable items.

I noticed when looking at some of the EnderIO recipes that tiny stone is used quite a lot for conduits so luckily I reconfigured my circuit line to process cobblestone (ep24 onwards that is, not recorded yet). At the moment I've added 6 2x2 storage drawers to stack the circuits, however it is big in terms of space and not ideal. I'll look up bins for sure!

---+++---

As above man, and once again, thanks for helping :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I had no idea about this but it makes perfect sense. It will simplify my wiring system no end and better speed is definitely good! Can you use the upgrade for the block cutter too?

Most of the IC2 machines can be upgraded and I've managed to get about 5 speed upgrades in each machine as well - that's a real quality of life thing for me (I've got 5 solar distillers knocking out the distilled water and a nuclear reactor powering it all so maybe that's a way off for you at the moment).

Just saying again though - be careful to remove all wiring before you mess around with the transformers - I've blown up a few times taking them out of machines when re-arranging my base :( Also fried quite a few cables!

Man! I was wondering why my RF was being drained constantly. That's a valuable tip, those suckers are getting levers fitted as soon as I'm next on!

Yeah, the thermionic fab is a real drain, especially if it has some liquid glass still in there.

I noticed when looking at some of the EnderIO recipes that tiny stone is used quite a lot for conduits so luckily I reconfigured my circuit line to process cobblestone (ep24 onwards that is, not recorded yet). At the moment I've added 6 2x2 storage drawers to stack the circuits, however it is big in terms of space and not ideal. I'll look up bins for sure!

I did exactly the same with the drawers at first but then saw the bins - the basic one can hold 4K items! I think there are 28 circuits in total after they've been analysed, 14 'normal' and 14 'stable' so you'll need a bit of space for the bins.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Transformers: Explosions in Disguise

I like to plug the Thermionic into it's own power supply. Unless it's been changed, only the Thermionic still uses power as a constant drain to remain heated. The Carpenter and Centrifuge don't.

I believe the latest versions of the pack fixed the storage thingy for Calculator circuits. Either that or Dire updated the Calculator mod separately.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I like to plug the Thermionic into it's own power supply. Unless it's been changed, only the Thermionic still uses power as a constant drain to remain heated. The Carpenter and Centrifuge don't.
This is true; I've found in the past that its not a huge power drain, but it is constant. I also found that I had to remove the products from the Thermionic each time before it would craft a new set, but I don't know if that's just me on Regrowth - it seemed a bit odd.

Reactions: KingTriaxx
C

Closet Gamer

Most of the IC2 machines can be upgraded and I've managed to get about 5 speed upgrades in each machine as well - that's a real quality of life thing for me (I've got 5 solar distillers knocking out the distilled water and a nuclear reactor powering it all so maybe that's a way off for you at the moment).

Just saying again though - be careful to remove all wiring before you mess around with the transformers - I've blown up a few times taking them out of machines when re-arranging my base :( Also fried quite a few cables!

Yeah, the thermionic fab is a real drain, especially if it has some liquid glass still in there.

I did exactly the same with the drawers at first but then saw the bins - the basic one can hold 4K items! I think there are 28 circuits in total after they've been analysed, 14 'normal' and 14 'stable' so you'll need a bit of space for the bins.

I'll be careful, but I am a bit derpy sometimes so I can't promise no explosions! Let's just hope it's a transformer and not an overheated draconium reactor xD cheers for the help dude!

I believe the latest versions of the pack fixed the storage thingy for Calculator circuits. Either that or Dire updated the Calculator mod separately.

Just recorded episode 24 and switches are definitely installed on that guy now, it was sitting there comfortably chomping away at my power! Cheers for the help :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for correcting me about the other forestry machines - I've been slapping levers on them for so long now, I didn't notice they didn't need them any more.

I might retry the calculator storage as well!

This is true; I've found in the past that its not a huge power drain, but it is constant. I also found that I had to remove the products from the Thermionic each time before it would craft a new set, but I don't know if that's just me on Regrowth - it seemed a bit odd.

The power drain only really hurts in the early days, when you're trying to build up the squillions of RF needed to fire the empower :)

C

Closet Gamer

Episode 23! The first part of the Enderman farm... The start of something mildly terrifying

C

Closet Gamer

Hey dudes, so I going to The END real soon, what preperations do you think I need to make to stop me getting my a$$ kicked by the Ender Dragon?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Episode 23! The first part of the Enderman farm... The start of something mildly terrifying

The dimlet things are for making custom dimensions such as a world full of diamond blocks, don't worry about that though considering its like a really endgame thing.
Hey dudes, so I going to The END real soon, what preperations do you think I need to make to stop me getting my a$$ kicked by the Ender Dragon?

With the Alloy Smelter you want to make Dark Steel armor. Flight is not an option without an Elytra from an End City.

Last edited:
Reactions: Closet Gamer

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Longbow, Electrum Limb, Knightslime Limb, Cobalt Plate, any string. Then Feather, Bone, Many arrow. Very fast, lots of damage. Double Electrum Limbs are even faster, but the durability is awful.

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

Longbow, Electrum Limb, Knightslime Limb, Cobalt Plate, any string. Then Feather, Bone, Many arrow. Very fast, lots of damage. Double Electrum Limbs are even faster, but the durability is awful.

The dimlet things are for making custom dimensions such as a world full of diamond blocks, don't worry about that though considering its like a really endgame thing.

With the Alloy Smelter you want to make Dark Steel armor. Flight is not an option without an Elytra from an End City.

Dark armour, sweet ass cross bow! Got it! Staff of travel?

Well prepare yourselves for a dick-rippingly frustrating episode lads - I'm an end virgin :D