Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't even know how to spell hopperhock. I've done no botania so far.
If you're really desperate for vacuum hoppering, its worth checking it out. The learning curve is manageable, and you can quickly get to some very useful flowers.

Such as, for instance, a flower that makes all teleporting endermen teleport directly to that flower instead of elsewhere.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That does sound pretty neat. But right now I'll settle for a single ender pearl, lol.

I have wanted to get started in botania for a while. They have a tree farm, right? I guess while I wait to trap an enderman I can start looking into that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have wanted to get started in botania for a while. They have a tree farm, right? I guess while I wait to trap an enderman I can start looking into that.
Nope! But it has the tools to set up an overly-complicated tree farm.

You can probably make a hopperhock in just a few hours of learning botania. But the tree-farm thing requires learning several different mechanics of botania, including how compound mana-spreader lenses work.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Alright, I'll add that yo my short list. I'm still pretty concerned about the lack of endermen, though. I don't think I've ever gone this long without seeing one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm still pretty concerned about the lack of endermen, though. I don't think I've ever gone this long without seeing one.
I find that's just how it goes sometimes. Particularly since they can easily zip around you while you're busy doing something else, and you just don't notice. Especially-especially if you tend to sleep through nights, since they seem to be considerably more active during the days.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You're not the only one who needs Enderbums. Quite a bit of the higher-end recipes for Sky Factory 3 require Pearls, and I don't really want to go through the hassle of building a mob farm again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I have been running a mob farm that should he able to farm endermen (not water based) which is working on overdrive. It's been running for about 12 hours. I'm getting all kinds of fun stuff, but no ender pearls.

I keep going down there to monitor it. I lined it with dark glass so you can walk all around it flipping the switches for the fans that blow everything to the middle. There's a pack of mobs in there almost every time I go down. Its probably the fastest moving mob spawner of it's type that I've built, and I've built probably 30 if them.

This is weird! Lol. Zero ender pearls. No enderman sightings. This has me legitimately concerned that I did something to break it, though I can't imagine what.

I somehow managed to find an ender Lily on a previous playthrough, so maybe I'll run into one again and I can use this to get to the end or something.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have been running a mob farm that should he able to farm endermen (not water based) which is working on overdrive. It's been running for about 12 hours. I'm getting all kinds of fun stuff, but no ender pearls.

I keep going down there to monitor it. I lined it with dark glass so you can walk all around it flipping the switches for the fans that blow everything to the middle. There's a pack of mobs in there almost every time I go down. Its probably the fastest moving mob spawner of it's type that I've built, and I've built probably 30 if them.

This is weird! Lol. Zero ender pearls. No enderman sightings. This has me legitimately concerned that I did something to break it, though I can't imagine what.

I somehow managed to find an ender Lily on a previous playthrough, so maybe I'll run into one again and I can use this to get to the end or something.

I'm playing Beyond and I can confirm Endermen do still spawn. I had only seen one for the longest time, but after I went beneath my (soon to be) base lighting caves, they have been more common on the surface.

I, like you, added RTG to Beyond, and some of the default cave systems can be quite extensive. These dark areas make for safe spawning areas for the mobs you want, so lighting them up helps increase the likelihood of mobs spawning in the mob farm. After that, it's all just RNG.

T

Tyler_BMN

I'd like a TON of materials and modifiers for TiC2, what mod(s) do you think are best for that?

F

fsnot

I don't know where to ask this but: Why can't I make short mead bottles in FTB beyond? :(

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
For the Draconic Evolution reactor [MC1.10 version], what's a good RF/t output to set? I seem to be getting decent results with around 450,000 rf/t from my bit of experimenting, but I'm wondering if anyone has better values.

Also, is there any way to push/pull items while it's active? Shutting it down kinda takes a while.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
For the Draconic Evolution reactor [MC1.10 version], what's a good RF/t output to set? I seem to be getting decent results with around 450,000 rf/t from my bit of experimenting, but I'm wondering if anyone has better values.

Also, is there any way to push/pull items while it's active? Shutting it down kinda takes a while.

Check out this guy's OpenComputers program for it. Apparently he can get well in excess of 1MRF/t.
https://oc.cil.li/index.php?/topic/873-draconic-control-get-everything-out-of-your-draconic-reactor/

As for your second question, I'm afraid I have no idea.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know if there's a mod out there that allows you to control the entire GUI size of minecraft?

I've always been a windowed minecraft player with a standard size, because I do alot of other things while playing minecraft aswell, but so many mods pretty much expect you to either be playing in fullscreen or with a GUI scale of small, but if you use small the whole GUI gets too small.

so it'd be nice if there was a mod where you could control the entire GUI size of minecraft.
if there isn't a mod like that out there, is it even possible for a mod like this to exist for minecraft?

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
does anyone know if there's a mod out there that allows you to control the entire GUI size of minecraft?

I've always been a windowed minecraft player with a standard size, because I do alot of other things while playing minecraft aswell, but so many mods pretty much expect you to either be playing in fullscreen or with a GUI scale of small, but if you use small the whole GUI gets too small.

so it'd be nice if there was a mod where you could control the entire GUI size of minecraft.
if there isn't a mod like that out there, is it even possible for a mod like this to exist for minecraft?
Do you mean getting minecraft to launch in a specific window size? I don't know any mods for that, but launchers do have this option.

T

Tyler_BMN

Found on Reddit:
upload_2017-4-30_13-35-4.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean getting minecraft to launch in a specific window size? I don't know any mods for that, but launchers do have this option.
I believe he's talking about GUI size, not window size.

^this

could you perhaps link me to the original reddit post?

/EDIT well, I tried this out but it doesn't really help, by changing this in the options.txt file you're only changing the ingame GUI scale that you can already access through the options menu from minecraft

it'd be perfect if you could control the overall minecraft GUI just like how you can controll the size of the GUI of for example WAILA's GUI, or TheOneProbe's GUI, or Draconic Evolutions GUI

Last edited: