Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
They are arranged like the dyes themselves.
Yes, but what I'm saying is that in the data values as well as any time the colours are all listed in the Lexicon, they're ordered beginning with black and ending with white, while the dyes start with white and end with black.

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:

Can the Casting Delegate get the same scrolling treatment as the Aspect Former? Having to scroll all the way to the end every time I want to make one of the last few items is painful on the mouse. Just being able to do what the Aspect Former can do (scrolling "past" the first selection puts you at the end of the Aspect list) would be a massive change in quality-of-life for the Casting Delegate!

Edit: Come to think of it, the Chromatic Enchanter could use the same lovin', and it even already scrolls the same direction (horizontally as opposed to the Delegate's vertically) as the Aspect Former!

EDIT 2: WOW. WOW. WOW!

Casting Delegate: Holding Shift or Control skips lets the Delegate list skip repeated patterns! How did this never get out!?

Chromatic Enchanter: Holding shift will skip a couple enchants, allowing you to cycle through the list faster! This is huge!

Seriously, I wish I could code specifically so I could add useful things like this to the Lexicon.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
No, they do not.
Wait, I never checked until now but it looks like you're right. The dyes go black to white but everything you craft with them in Vanilla (Wool, Stained Glass, Hardened Clay) as well as everything else in modded that uses the dye colours goes white to black. I wonder why Mojang did it that way.

EDIT:

Also, just found the lava aqueduct (igneduct?) above the Nether ceiling. I've climbed up to what I believe to be the highest point at Y=230, and the lowest point at Y=150. What am I looking for?

EDIT 2: Apparently, something completely unrelated to the igneducts. Curse you and your red herrings! :D

Last edited:
I

ichmagPopcorn

Do the pylons that are part of the casting complex have to be arranged in any particular order or am I free to place them on the side where the corresponding leyline would arrive?
Also, if I replace any of the pylons my casting table shows all but the first stage incomplete.
I`m using ChC v16d on my server.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Try breaking and replacing the casting table itself; in my experience, it can bug out a little when you get to pylon casting and that usually fixes it. Also, the repeaters don't need to be in any particular order, no. However, a tip: placing 4 multi-aura repeaters a few blocks off the corners of your casting complex will make things a lot simpler, in the long run, as you just need to run your repeater lines to them, and not all the way to your casting structure. Its also good if you're like me and tend to build your ChC stuff relatively close together, so you can draw all colours from your network with minimal effort.

I

ichmagPopcorn

Try breaking and replacing the casting table itself; in my experience, it can bug out a little when you get to pylon casting and that usually fixes it. Also, the repeaters don't need to be in any particular order, no. However, a tip: placing 4 multi-aura repeaters a few blocks off the corners of your casting complex will make things a lot simpler, in the long run, as you just need to run your repeater lines to them, and not all the way to your casting structure. Its also good if you're like me and tend to build your ChC stuff relatively close together, so you can draw all colours from your network with minimal effort.

yeah thanks, turns out that breaking and replacing the casting table did help. I'm definitely keeping your multi-aura trick in mind. my stuff is built pretty close :D

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind that "order" has some specific connotations attached to it for later! I like to keep my casting complex in that order so I'm reminded of it. There are lots of recipes that use runes in the floor of the complex that also mirror that order. Food for thought!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, I highly recommend committing to memory the order of the colours, if not necessarily their names.

If memory serves, it goes: kuro, karmir, kijani, ruskea, nila, zambarau, vadali, argia, ykri, ruzova, asveste, kitrino, kurauri, galazio, portokali, tahara.

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
> kurauri, galazio

> galazio, kurauri

Got all of 'em otherwise + the right names! I still get the two greys and greens mixed up. ><

I

ichmagPopcorn

if you have invtweaks installed, there is no need to remember the correct order of the elements. Just hit the sorting button and you're done. :D

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
*hsss* The only part about Inventory Tweaks that bugs me is the sorting of my inventory. I have a very, very specific layout, and it screws with it enough to drive me up a friggin wall. That, and I'm obsessive enough that, even if I didn't need to, I'd likely end up memorizing the order, anyway, since my brain just kinda does that without my asking.

Emperor_Niko

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has already been reported but if Rainbow Trees burn (with vanilla fire) the world crashes in an unloadable state.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
*hsss* The only part about Inventory Tweaks that bugs me is the sorting of my inventory. I have a very, very specific layout, and it screws with it enough to drive me up a friggin wall. That, and I'm obsessive enough that, even if I didn't need to, I'd likely end up memorizing the order, anyway, since my brain just kinda does that without my asking.

Yea, the whole "sorting" of inventory tweaks ... it works about as well, maybe a little less, as the forestry backpacks.

The worst thing? Even if I don't use it, it's trivial for someone else on the server to use it, so unless I'm all alone in a 5K region not used by anyone else, it's going to happen to me anyways :)

I

ichmagPopcorn

as far as I know, invtweaks only sorts your own inventory, and the rest of my stuff is stored in a ME system sorted by quantity.
but anyway, after figuring out that you don't need to make 8 of those ender crystals (after I already made like 5) i made it to the chroma dimension. I like it, but it's laggy as hell. eventually, my connection timed out, and as I was the only one in the dimension, when I left, it got deleted, and when I tried to rejoin, it needed to be generated again, taking that much time so that my connection timed out again. I know, in 1.7.10 chunk generation can cause a significant amount of lag but I never timed out before :D
furthermore i'm getting null pointer exceptions in chat when using the ritual altar. I don't get them everytime, but when I get them, I have to manually change my view and turn on the hud.

Last edited: