What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Railcraft's abyssal stone geodes can also spawn fully underground.

View attachment 29546
They also vanish rather quickly after I find one as scraping it off the sea floor is a pain.
They can spawn above ground as well?
I only ever find them underground and only "exposed" in oceans which I just assumed to be the case because the solid ground is lower there then in other biomes.

So...am I missing something?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen bits of quarried stone above-ground, but I don't think I've come across abyssal stone above-ground. Then again, it might be biome-specific.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Abyssal stone spawns in ocean type biomes, be there water above or not. Using something like RWG as world gen, you can often end up with the biome borders not exactly lining up with the actual water.

Quarried stone spawns in forest type biomes.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Right-clicking the Harvestcraft gardens to pick them up hasn't been working for some reason (even with it enabled in configs), but TIL that sneak-punching works instead. :p

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Abbyssal Stone Geodes? I actually had fun picking those apart in Deep Abyss biomes, thanks to Mek dive suits.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Abbyssal Stone Geodes? I actually had fun picking those apart in Deep Abyss biomes, thanks to Mek dive suits.
It is the cleaning it up afterwards that is a bit annoying. "OCD" makes me NEED to fill it in with dirt/sand etc. so there aren't big unsightly holes in my overworld.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Gregtech axes will drop an entire column of logs. The interesting bit is they'll do it even if they don't have sufficient durability left- so an axe thats only good for 3-4 more blocks can still drop a 32+ block tall tree.
(you still get an axe remaining- which is good one one more block, or can be right-clicked to break it.)​

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Gregtech axes will drop an entire column of logs. The interesting bit is they'll do it even if they don't have sufficient durability left- so an axe thats only good for 3-4 more blocks can still drop a 32+ block tall tree.
(you still get an axe remaining- which is good one one more block, or can be right-clicked to break it.)​
which is why 2x2 spruce is almost OP in GT packs :)

Reactions: FutureCode

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Cold brew coffee. Great for hot days (which, for me, is anything over 80F) and is stronger than the Mountain himself.

Oh, and as for the geodes: ChC makes ripping them apart easy as hell with the excavation star.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
A fractionation unit can be powered with a single gasoline engine and a 16:1 gearbox.

Or you can add a second gearbox inline and run it faster.

Turns out i've been hugely over-powering the thing all this time...DOH

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Pulse jet furnace stabilises at 873 degrees when run in the nether with a couple of Gasoline engines and a pair of 16:1 gearboxes.

I was worried it might go over 1000 and exploed, but looks like I can use it safely enough until I need to overheat it with Oxygen...

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I hope they're as over-the-top-silly-op as anything else made from awakened draconium.

Top mining level, 10ish points faster in mining speed than anything else.

You need an awakened core to make one ingot's worth of parts (so 4 nether stars, 5 awakened ingots and a bunch of normal draconium) but totally awesome if you can afford it.

Also, combine it with a bedrock tool rod, stick on a capacitor and fill it up. Looks like the "effectively infinite" durability also seems to extend to the RF usage.

Just cleared a 16x16x5 space and not used a single unit of power :)