If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I remember playing vanilla and not having blocks pop back in when I broke them.

It seems to be peculiar to modded MC, but whenever I try and break a block up as high as I can reach and laterally across one or two blocks, it pops back to life immediately.

I've noticed it happen in every FTB pack i've ever played, also anything on the technic or AT launchers, but it never happens in vanilla that i've seen.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

It seems to be peculiar to modded MC, but whenever I try and break a block up as high as I can reach and laterally across one or two blocks, it pops back to life immediately.

I've noticed it happen in every FTB pack i've ever played, also anything on the technic or AT launchers, but it never happens in vanilla that i've seen.
That's probably because of all minecraft instances basically being multiplayer.
Did you ever play on a slightly laggy VMC server? That's basically what can happen in singleplayer

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
That's probably because of all minecraft instances basically being multiplayer.
Did you ever play on a slightly laggy VMC server? That's basically what can happen in singleplayer
I guess it's a thing with reach distance. I wonder if Forge does anything with that.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019

I guess it's a thing with reach distance. I wonder if Forge does anything with that.
Yeah that annoying thing. It probably is Forge. Slightly related; Ring of Far Reach claims to increase entity interaction distance, too, but it doesn't at all increase that and makes it even worse with the whole issue of hitting the block behind a mob you're swinging at.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, increasing the reach can be a bit delicate. And it's often not going to work properly with opening GUIs since the standard reach distance is often hardcoded into mods.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft... I would like to see the transverse interface work with empty blocks. I tried to bind it to a block, break it and use that space for ae seeds with the growth accelerators around the interface. It would allow for some really nice aesthetic builds.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
Sort of...

Except you would search for stuff like you would with AE, and the chests would re-arrange their inventories, so if you have a chest with half a stack of dirt (for example) and you put 16 dirt in another chest, the dirt would get sent to the chest which has an unfinished stack, in order to save inventory space
Rf tools has something like this it takes a small amount of power but is really cheap

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Rf tools has something like this it takes a small amount of power but is really cheap

I don't know if the RF Tools one will auto organize. It may, i'm not very familar with everything in RF Tools. I do know that with AE that's very easy using priority on storage buses and whatnot.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ender-Teleport proof seared glass for a smeltery.

And a recipe to directly boil down endermans into resonant/molten ender.

And/or alloy molten ender with molten villager to make Endermeralds :)

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if the RF Tools one will auto organize. It may, i'm not very familar with everything in RF Tools. I do know that with AE that's very easy using priority on storage buses and whatnot.

AE doesn't shift items around automatically, though. If you have a certain item in your AE network and you add a higher-priority inventory for that item, you still have to transfer the items, either manually, or semi-automatically by using an IO port or by configuring an export bus or other system to pull the item out of your network and back in, in a loop (so you use either an export bus connected to your network or you can use an interface with another mod's item puller, then point the export bus/item puller to a different interface). It will pull the items out of the lower-priority inventory and shove them into the higher-priority inventory. However it won't stop once all the items are in the high-priority inventory so you would have to turn it off so it stops burning energy needlessly.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a certain item in your AE network and you add a higher-priority inventory for that item, you still have to transfer the items, either manually, or semi-automatically by using an IO port or by configuring an export bus or other system to pull the item out of your network and back in, in a loop (so you use either an export bus connected to your network or you can use an interface with another mod's item puller, then point the export bus/item puller to a different interface). It will pull the items out of the lower-priority inventory and shove them into the higher-priority inventory.
However this will only work if you prime the higher priority location with at lease one of the target item. AE will prioritize already existing stacks before moving on to another location.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism's Portable Tank is something like that. Holds 14 buckets worth of fluid, and can pick up and place down one bucket's worth at a time like a regular bucket.
Not to mention there used to be a mod that actually did do many different buckets... I can't remember the mod for the life of me though