[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar problem and have used 128x and 256x packs before as well. I think its the sheer magnitude of objects being re-textured and there is alot going on in the city. However, I had the same stickiness even out in the open. I "solved" my issue by downgrading to the 64x pack.

Sadly, I tried that as well. The 64x pack won't even work for me. I loaded it all up and it just maintained the standard defualt MC textures so I gave up on it and just used the boring 16x defualts.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
No, haven't run FAstcraft in any of the modpacks from here, I should I just never think about it.. and yeah I use the JVM arguments that are defaulted in the launcher.
try using the JVM argument in the FPS solutions file I included in the pack as well as fastcraft and let me know if that improves your texture capabilities

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.. and props for having awesome mod discovery quest lines. I'm trying out Witchery for the first time ever. It's been available in other packs we played but the quest line makes me really want to check it out now.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a publicly available spreadsheet/whatever that shows the which ores are available where? For instance I know most things aren't available in Middle Earth (though it is THE place to go for Iron and Copper). I'm trying to find zinc and wanted to see if I can only find it in the overworld or if it was elsewhere?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.. and props for having awesome mod discovery quest lines. I'm trying out Witchery for the first time ever. It's been available in other packs we played but the quest line makes me really want to check it out now.
Glad to hear that! That was kind of my purpose for most of the quests in HQM, not a way to teach players, just to get them curious to try it.
Is there a publicly available spreadsheet/whatever that shows the which ores are available where? For instance I know most things aren't available in Middle Earth (though it is THE place to go for Iron and Copper). I'm trying to find zinc and wanted to see if I can only find it in the overworld or if it was elsewhere?
Nearly all ores I have relegated to the overworld using CoFH oregen, I can't remember the exact levels at the moment, but you can scope them out in the configs in the cofh folder

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to hear that! That was kind of my purpose for most of the quests in HQM, not a way to teach players, just to get them curious to try it.

Nearly all ores I have relegated to the overworld using CoFH oregen, I can't remember the exact levels at the moment, but you can scope them out in the configs in the cofh folder

I was checking through the CoFH config for Redstone but I don't think I saw zinc mentioned. I'll check again.

Are you planning on adding the fantasy ores from Metallurgy at some point in Middle Earth?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I was checking through the CoFH config for Redstone but I don't think I saw zinc mentioned. I'll check again.

Are you planning on adding the fantasy ores from Metallurgy at some point in Middle Earth?
Well, I don;t have metallurgy in the pack, so most likely not. In the grand scheme of things I intended that players would use the deep dark as the primary mining world which is why middle earth does not have more than the base metals generating there

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don;t have metallurgy in the pack, so most likely not. In the grand scheme of things I intended that players would use the deep dark as the primary mining world which is why middle earth does not have more than the base metals generating there
Yea we do t want big strip mines in middle earth :p

Unless it is were a mine should be

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Also, has anyone playing versio 2.4.3 been having issues with aroma backup not backing up anymore? I checked the config and everything seemed fine.

dunno, i laways turn off the back up function, ever since i ate up 6 gigs of hard drive just in back ups i turn it off on every pack now

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Server crash and client crash while using an aspect from Thaumic Tinkerer. had to restore from a backup.

http://pastebin.com/G8crq6YF
Once my pc is back up I will look into this, could simply be a version mismatch between all the thaumcraft add-ons
Also, has anyone playing versio 2.4.3 been having issues with aroma backup not backing up anymore? I checked the config and everything seemed fine.
I noticed this myself the other day. Was planning on looking into it before the dreaded pc disaster.
Is there a server for this?
Several actually, and three I endorse currently. The main one for this pack that is whitelisted and two others by prospercraft and lolnet (both mentioned and listed throughout this thread and the OP)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, I have PC power again! Will take a minute to verify everything is functional and no other damage was done, but plan to re-double my efforts to get an update out this friday! I already have the lolnet team testing the questline to make sure there is no oddness and to see if the new features of customNPC's work as I planned!

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, I have PC power again! Will take a minute to verify everything is functional and no other damage was done, but plan to re-double my efforts to get an update out this friday! I already have the lolnet team testing the questline to make sure there is no oddness and to see if the new features of customNPC's work as I planned!
if there was ever a way to get someone to do something it is by telling people on a forum that it is being done :p