Unnamed Job/Purchase Modpack Discussion Thread

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I can put that in as a config option: whether or not CanPlaceOn also affects right-clicking on buttons etc.
Yes, and I also mean hands could have specific blocks it can break or interact with, like all other blocks

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, and I also mean hands could have specific blocks it can break or interact with, like all other blocks
Yea that should be possible. I can make it so that you can specify those in the config.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Apprarently my google drive file upload failed... Going to have to wait for my brother to get on skype before I can get it back

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Brother just uploaded my mod from his computer to my drive, work will now proceed as normal

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Updated screenshots! ...And I still can't figure out how to get rid of that location thing

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea when you'll get started? I'd be very interested in supplying ideas
Sometime in the next 30 years, hopefully. I have no knowledge of any coding language, and the cheaty workaround I was gonna use (MCreator) won't work for whatever reason. In the meantime, I'll continue coming up with ideas for the 8+ mods I want to make.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Sometime in the next 30 years, hopefully. I have no knowledge of any coding language, and the cheaty workaround I was gonna use (MCreator) won't work for whatever reason. In the meantime, I'll continue coming up with ideas for the 8+ mods I want to make.
I too am interested in modding. Though I at least know how to make basic text programs.

In the meantime I've just decided to make a separate HQM Group thingy for each job

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
So after a lot of thought, I've decided that until I can square away the whole "Job Switching/System" thing, I might as well toy around with @ljfa's adventure backport. And what better way than a small yet interesting island survival map. So yeah, I'll be working on a small island survival map just until the HQM devs put something in that would allow job switching. It won't be too big, but it will be a good showing of what this kind of stuff can lead to in modded MC

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
I rem
So after a lot of thought, I've decided that until I can square away the whole "Job Switching/System" thing, I might as well toy around with @ljfa's adventure backport. And what better way than a small yet interesting island survival map. So yeah, I'll be working on a small island survival map just until the HQM devs put something in that would allow job switching. It won't be too big, but it will be a good showing of what this kind of stuff can lead to in modded MC
I remember something of that nature in Crash landing. You could ask Iskandar or Shane if that might help.

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how well aventure mode would actually work on modded Minecraft, when you basically can place or break almost nothing.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how well aventure mode would actually work on modded Minecraft, when you basically can place or break almost nothing.
Well, I'm thinking that I'd use that starting inventory mod to give some basic supplies.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
So I've compiled a basic modlist for the Adventure Backport Pack and tidied the configs into something that will match the theme. I'm planning Food and water to be the main focus of the pack. The entire ocean will be Sewage and the only water on the map is Salty. There are no animals and as such apples, seeds, roots and the such are the main food in the beginning.

My Modlist thus far:

• Core:
    • bspkrsCore
    • CodeChickenCore
    • CodeChickenLib
    • COFHCore
    • ForgeMultipart
    • ThermalFoundation
    • Squid API
    • Squid Utils
    • Apple Core
    • Adventure Backport
  • Customization:
    • Minetweaker
    • Modtweaker
    • Loot++
    • Custom Items
    • Kawaii Crops
    • Starting Inventory
  • Gameplay:
    • Starting Inventory
    • Bottle Nerf
    • Fast Leaf Decay
    • Hunger In Peace
    • Hunger Overhaul
    • Hungry Animals
    • Hungry Animals (I got permission to use it in NAM, assume I can use it here too but if not I'm sending a request as we speak)
    • Spice of Life
    • Iguana's Tweaks
    • Enviromine
    • HQM
  • Inventory:
    • zz-Backpacks
    • TinyStorage
    • InfiniteInvo (Setting base inventory to the hotbar, the next 9 slots can be accessed every 3 levels)
    • NEI
  • Blocks:
    • Ladders
  • Tech:
    • Forestry
    • Hopper Ducts
    • MFR (Only for Sewage)
  • Agriculture:
    • Agricraft

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
So Adventure Backport is not part of it or why is it not in the list?