Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
This was just added a few days ago, so he needs to update TE if he wants to see the fixed recipes.

I'll just wait for the next Infinity update because I'm playing SMP for this particular modpack and if I update a mod it may cause issues... which is why my default attitude is "I don't update anything, I let the FTB team do it." :)

But thank you for the information, as always. FTB Forum ROCKS!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
thats been in for months...

well i searched NEI for any upgrade path and couldn't find it - believe me, it was the first thing I did once I got a supply of enderpearls for making "resonant". Why would I build new machines if I could just upgrade my "basic" ones? So either it wasn't there a few days ago and was just added as DrowElf said, or else the NEI recipes were broken and recently fixed, or else (the most likely possibilty) I'm just an idiot who can't figure out how to use the "U" key with NEI. LOL

I'm gonna fire up my game and resolve it right here and now... Yep, I'm an idiot. I knew that would be the answer. They were right in front of me the whole time and I still didn't get it. Right at the top of NEI, it even says "UPGRADE CRAFTING". I swear, I must be getting early-onset alzheimers or something, all that good GMO food we eat. LOL

Wait a second... go look at your own NEI for "Pulverizer" and press the "U" key... they all say the result is a "BASIC" Pulverizer... that is why I was confused. I confuse pretty easily.

DrowElf, you are correct, it was the recipes that were recently fixed. They were always there in NEI, but they were incorrect, causing my confusion. I feel somewhat justified asking my question now. Whew!

Last edited:

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
If you look up recipe for the machines it should show 3 pages of shaped crafting. One with basic machine and 4 or so others on how to upgrade them to next tier

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you look up recipe for the machines it should show 3 pages of shaped crafting. One with basic machine and 4 or so others on how to upgrade them to next tier

That's what I'm saying - the result of every recipe on those 3 pages, they all say "BASIC" machine... which is what confused me. I repeat - I confuse easily, not the sharpest shears in the shed. LOL

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Well depending on what machine frame you use in the initial crafting determines basic hardened resonant same amount of materials just don't have to pick back up. Because its different nbt data or something like that is why it always says basic in the recipe because no more item ids

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing that may have been fixed recently... there's no upgrade path for the Energetic Infuser. However, as I pointed out earlier, I don't think it really matters because I couldn't get any augments to work for that machine... so there's no reason to build anything other than a "Basic" version.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'll look into those. Thanks!

*edit* I have another question that's unrelated to my previous question.

For some reason, adding Factorization seems to have broken terrain generation in the Twilight Forest. When I look at a magic map in TW, it shows different terrain than what was there before and when I go to the edge of where I've explored, the world just stops with only void beyond that point.

I'm guessing that it has to do with a setting in the Factorization's config but I'm not sure which setting fixes this or if there's any setting at all to fix this.

So yeah, does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I tried googling this but I couldn't really find anything on it. Any help is much appreciated. :)

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. There's nothing but void beyond this point.

OdJA11L.png

Anyone? D: I'm not really the upset about the damage Factorization has done to my world but I would like prevent any further damage and to continue using Factorization (I have it disabled for now).

Again, any help is much appreciated. :)

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
So I've started playing FTB Infinity, It's great. I've decided to start Botania, so I'm preparing some mystical flower seeds because my area doesn't havve enough flowers. I CANT BONEMEAL OR WATERING CAN THEM. Is there any cheaty way to get 10/10/10 seeds?

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone? D: I'm not really the upset about the damage Factorization has done to my world but I would like prevent any further damage and to continue using Factorization (I have it disabled for now).

Again, any help is much appreciated. :)

If you explore to chunks that haven't loaded yet they should be able to spawn stuff still, as for the chunk error, terraforming may be the only solution

Reactions: CuriousKey

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What is the range of a Botania generating flower to a mana spreader? (Infinity 1.1.0)
It's about 7 blocks range, pretty generous if you ask me. Any further and it starts undercutting the spreader's use.

So I've started playing FTB Infinity, It's great. I've decided to start Botania, so I'm preparing some mystical flower seeds because my area doesn't havve enough flowers. I CANT BONEMEAL OR WATERING CAN THEM. Is there any cheaty way to get 10/10/10 seeds?

I never needed Agricraft for my botanical flower needs. Simply a Jaded Amarthus, and if i were short before then, Floral Fertilizer. That said I can see the use for the agricraft method. (a little easier to automate, but not really by much imo).

Reactions: CuriousKey

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
It's about 7 blocks range, pretty generous if you ask me. Any further and it starts undercutting the spreader's use.

I never needed Agricraft for my botanical flower needs. Simply a Jaded Amarthus, and if i were short before then, Floral Fertilizer. That said I can see the use for the agricraft method. (a little easier to automate, but not really by much imo).

I'm not that deep in game, and don't have much bonemeal to use, so I'm avoiding floral fetalizer, I also don't have any mana at all so that's definately a no, and as for jaded amaranthus, once again, no mana. I've never really used Agricraft so I just wanted to give it a try :p

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Cheers guys! :) I did check the wiki, but there seems to be something wrong with it currently, large parts were covered in "script error" warnings, and there wasn't much info.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
If you explore to chunks that haven't loaded yet they should be able to spawn stuff still, as for the chunk error, terraforming may be the only solution

This isn't just a chunk error, though, and it's not because the world hasn't loaded around me yet. The world generation simply stops where I took that screenshot. I could just jump down into the void if I wanted to.

I appreciate the response but I'm trying to figure out how to prevent this from happening again, not trying to fix the damage that's already done. I did some troubleshooting using backups of my world and it's apparently something that Factorization caused.

*edit* I think I'm just gonna try asking on the MCF.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
FTB forums question: So now I'm a "popular member", but I still don't have access to the custom title thingy. What more do I have to do to get this privilege?

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
My server is running Monster 1.1.2. Just recently I have tried to build AE's Quantum Network Bridge and found it not possible. All the pieces are buildable except the Entangled Singularity. You can make a Singularity, but neither through crafting or creative can you make the next step - the Entangled Singularity. It doesn't even show up in NEI or anywhere in Creative mode.
Has it been disabled in the Monster pack or is it somehow id conflicted in our set up? We haven't made any major changes to the pack, just enabled Opis and updated the Enhanced Portals mod (had to change a few id's, but used open id's).

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated. Was it disabled or is it a flaw in my set up, and how would I do about fixing it?

Thanks ahead of time.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
My server is running Monster 1.1.2. Just recently I have tried to build AE's Quantum Network Bridge and found it not possible. All the pieces are buildable except the Entangled Singularity. You can make a Singularity, but neither through crafting or creative can you make the next step - the Entangled Singularity. It doesn't even show up in NEI or anywhere in Creative mode.
Has it been disabled in the Monster pack or is it somehow id conflicted in our set up? We haven't made any major changes to the pack, just enabled Opis and updated the Enhanced Portals mod (had to change a few id's, but used open id's).

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated. Was it disabled or is it a flaw in my set up, and how would I do about fixing it?

Thanks ahead of time.
Quantam Entangled Singularities have a special recipe behind them, drop a singularaty with a piece of end pearl dust together in the world, then blow them up with tnt, preferrably tiny tnt