Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Two more, too:
hUerEhD.jpg

dgOIYNo.jpg

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
I assume these are 'points' in the Xbox Live sense, where you wonder what the hell the exchange rate is.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Two more, too:
Looking at that gave me a modpack/map idea:
  • All crafting is disabled (Not including crafting that is needed for "Jobs")
  • You start in a very dangerous and unsavory job. Something no one would want, but something that's still entertaining.
  • Your HQM Book acts as a shop, where you can sell your cruddy job earnings for money, and then money for perks.
  • Perks are things like armor, weapons, blocks new jobs, new levels in your job and anything else that such servers sell.
  • All perks must first be unlocked, and some are only available to people of certain jobs
  • There's also unlockable deals and packs, which are exactly what they sound like
  • Throw in a winding and complex job tree and bob's your uncle!
(I'm thinking I may make this in order to get my modding morale up as it seems easy enough to make a minimum Viable Product)

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
A few someones have done similar before. The "unlock basic minecraft abilities through X"

Though I think that particular implementation would be sufficiently unique that you're unlikely to catch grief for "Stealing ideas". Now if only I could remember then names so you might be able to see how those authors solved issues you may encounter... curse my swiss-cheese memory! DLCCraft! That's what I was thinking of.

Kind of a fun concept. Never played with it myself, I find it to be stifling.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Thats actually quite scary considering how little is needed to start a vigilante motion within the community. We're volatile and destructive enough as it is without someone rallying up an angry mob to get things done.
Its only a small slip from doing the ''right thing'' to doing the ''community/someones interest portrayed as the right thing.''
People do love their pitchforks and torches.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
People do love their pitchforks and torches.
A pitchfork is a surprisingly useful tool in a gardening context, but brandishing it above your head for a mob would be a bad idea, as you would be continually off balance and vulnerable. A much better idea is to hold it at about waist height for better spearing action. Why no, I have never been part of a mob. Except that one time, but that was practice....

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
A torch isn't a static light source; the inherent length-weight distribution allows for a more powerful overarm throw and the resulting spin providing an accurate longer ranged parabolic trajectory compared to that of a rock. :)
Very true! The most useful tool for any mob has to be the trebuchet though. Fairly accurate, and can chuck moderate to large boulders up to a quarter mile! Also, can, with motorization, double as conveyance.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like this idea is pretty popular... I guess I should make a separate thread for this. BRB

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
http://forums.technicpack.net/topic...-original-content-made-by-me-that-is-amazing/

note to the you tubers that want to do lets play of my pack you MUST give credit to me and give me like 5-10% of your earnings (not much because i am in good mood so pls do this thanks)

Let's take a looksy at this modpack.
793bd09b76.png

In order:
  • Renamed WAILA
  • Renamed IC2
  • Renamed JourneyMap
  • Renamed Ztones
  • Renamed Optifine
  • Renamed FastCraft
  • Renamed BuildCraft
  • Renamed InventoryTweaks
  • Renamed GalactiCraft