[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else having problems with the Induction Smelter?
I am not able to craft Hardened Glass. I tried all different combinations of obsidian dust and lead...
Nothings goes in the left slot of the induction smelter.
Using 2.4.2

Reactions: GreatOrator

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
It was a joke.

There is no main server that I know of.

There is this one server I do know of, but they have almost all of their stuff together.

I started thinking hmmmm when somthing with the modpack didn't allow cauldron to download plugin's properly. It makes it appear like it's cauldrons fault, but cauldron downloads plugin's fine on it's own. I was able to extract the files and forced it to work on the modpack.

I've yet to find the exact area that's making the plugin's and cauldron not download/work like they should, but I will. When this happened on BnB it was because codes in the packs updates forced cauldron and it's entirety not to work. Hidden patched code or a simple mistake in the coding.

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
It was a joke.

There is this one server I do know of, but they have almost all of their stuff together.

I started thinking hmmmm when somthing with the modpack didn't allow cauldron to download plugin's properly. It makes it appear like it's cauldrons fault, but cauldron downloads plugin's fine on it's own. I was able to extract the files and forced it to work on the modpack.

I've yet to find the exact area that's making the plugin's and cauldron not download/work like they should, but I will. When this happened on BnB it was because codes in the packs updates forced cauldron and it's entirety not to work. Hidden patched code or a simple mistake in the coding.
What do you use to run your server you keep saying your plugins don't download correctly, are you using some form of control panel that downloads them to your server?

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
No. I'm using the tokkiencraft server from the ftb launcher firstly, then I run the server. Next I added cauldron, ran the server, then put the plugin's in the plugin file after closing the server of course.

Next everyone should already know all you have to do is run the server. As the server loads, the cauldron activates the plugin's and adds folders that contain the plugin's config file's and such. Well when those config files downloaded they only contained 1KB of data.

When I open the 1KB config file with notepad++, they have 3 lines of code that appears to be the reason the plugin config file's are downloading improperly.

Now when I make a simple cauldron minecraft server, add the same plugin's, then run the server the config file's download perfect with no problem at all. The config file's are no longer 1KB, and have the information they should normally contain.

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
No. I'm using the tokkiencraft server from the ftb launcher firstly, then I run the server. Next I added cauldron, then put the plugin's in the plugin file.

Next everyone should already know all you have to do is run the server. As the server loads, the cauldron activates the plugin's and adds folders that contain the plugin's config file's and such. Well when those config files download they only contain 1KB of data.

When I open the 1KB config file with notepad++, they have 3 lines of code that appears to be the reason the plugin config file's are downloading improperly.

Now when I make a simple cauldron minecraft server, add the same plugin's, then run the server the config file's download perfect with no problem at all. The config file's are no longer 1KB, and have the information they should normally contain.
Ok not had that issue on our server, and the configs are not downloaded they are generated by the plugin

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
My mistake on the download part.

Anyway is was an inside joke. While I was trying fix the issue someone on the server said watch it be a secret code to deter people from making servers for this pack. They probably want everyone on the same server to have more players/donations.

Then I said yea it's probably just one big conspiracy lol. I don't believe that. *Unless it is a conspiracy*

Ever feel like someone is watching?

dazric

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I found the ancient eventually, and he sent me to a new world, and there's like... fucking nothing there. While I was pretty sick of that city, how do I get back to that world so I can continue the quests and unlock the LotR quests? I thought there would be more quests here but evidentally there are not.

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else having problems with the Induction Smelter?
I am not able to craft Hardened Glass. I tried all different combinations of obsidian dust and lead...
Nothings goes in the left slot of the induction smelter.
Using 2.4.2

Sand/Slag works for doubling purposes in the left slot. But I cant make any alloys. Electrum / Invar also not working.

updated COFH mods. Working again. I think there was a version missmatch between the used ones.

Last edited:

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I found the ancient eventually, and he sent me to a new world, and there's like... fucking nothing there. While I was pretty sick of that city, how do I get back to that world so I can continue the quests and unlock the LotR quests? I thought there would be more quests here but evidentally there are not.
The ancient should have given you a charm of dislocation that you should have used to bind a tp back to town. otherwise it will be a long trip or just do the command tp.

Edit: the area he tp you to is for you to make your base btw

BruteMan

Jul 29, 2019
Sand/Slag works for doubling purposes in the left slot. But I cant make any alloys. Electrum / Invar also not working.

If your using the Sphax texturepack your missing GUI elements with that texture pack mouse around below the recipe arrow theres a button there that says unlock flux slot and then all those recipes will work. the texture pack is getting badly outdated in GUI for all these new updates. also the luggage in open blocks is completely missing icons from the mod pack you can still craft them but you wont see them in your inventory. (2.4.2)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Be happy your not experiencing my problems lol. I'm running a server for now 5 others, and quest npcs constantly disappear, command blocks are showing up all over the world, and the main camp with legalos when you enter middle earth won't show no matter how hard I try to get it to work.
Command blocks are likely because command blocks are turned off in the server properties, though I have heard cauldron and command blocks are not the best of friends.

May also be cauldron causing the large amount of NPC issues you are having (Typically I only hear about the blacksmith or a couple others)
What Forge Version on this modpack ? I need this for download libraries of this Forge please .

(TolkienCraft 2.3.17)
If you are running a server, the tolkiencraft server jar I included already includes those and there is also the libraries folder, all tested for the correct version of forge.

Be happy your not experiencing my problems lol. I'm running a server for now 5 others, and quest npcs constantly disappear, command blocks are showing up all over the world, and the main camp with legalos when you enter middle earth won't show no matter how hard I try to get it to work.
See above comment about command blocks.
It was a joke.

Well, in my eyes there are 3 main servers, The private whitelisted server, and two open servers, the one @Dezil_nz runs, the one @Goshen runs. They both use cauldron on theirs and have provided a ton of feed back to help make the server package work better and the whitelisted one is running as pure forge as possible. What I am saying, is cauldron is the issue as it is outdated and requires a ton of skill and custom plugins to work with this pack because of the forge version it uses.
If you read the text he tells you to speak to him when you are ready and then gives you a dislocator specifically to get back to draconis (take a new unused one with you to mark the spot you are sent) and the location you are sent is random and meant to help you get a base started finally. he even says this is for you to get out on your own and start your own adventures.

Emyprial

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there its been a while since ive checked the forums or played Tolkiencraft so i have a few questions
- last time i was here many people including me were experiencing trouble with the council summons quest. Has that issue been resolved? (perhaps in the 2/22/15 update u posted on the official site GO?)
- Also a previous post i saw mentioned something about Legolas in Middle Earth are there actual storyline quests in Middle Earth now?
- I accidentally killed one of the rangers in Eriador and i have negative alignment with them so now i see the orcs as allies and can no longer attack them due to friendly fire being on... i know there was a popup that shows when i initially try to attack an orc but didnt realize and couldnt read it so how can i turn friendly fire off so i can kill some orcs?
Thanks!

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there its been a while since ive checked the forums or played Tolkiencraft so i have a few questions
- last time i was here many people including me were experiencing trouble with the council summons quest. Has that issue been resolved? (perhaps in the 2/22/15 update u posted on the official site GO?)
- Also a previous post i saw mentioned something about Legolas in Middle Earth are there actual storyline quests in Middle Earth now?
- I accidentally killed one of the rangers in Eriador and i have negative alignment with them so now i see the orcs as allies and can no longer attack them due to friendly fire being on... i know there was a popup that shows when i initially try to attack an orc but didnt realize and couldnt read it so how can i turn friendly fire off so i can kill some orcs?
Thanks!

the new updated stuff is in the beta 2.4.2 version and is currently being tested
there may be some storyline in middle earth now, definitely hobbiton is there
if you tab thru the options when you hit L for the LOTR map it has an option to turn friendly fire on

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still pretty sure the mob and my portal problem is cauldron. The mobs were there when I started the server, they've just been disappearing one by one.

I started with two of the same blacksmith, then both disappeared. Then the chocobo guy, then you disappeared! You my friend you!

Thanks for the info on the command blocks. I'm going to make a new server and see how it goes.