[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask why? Are the towers getting in the way of building or are they causing other issues?
The towers don't always like spawning in middle earth and with the amount of map we have loaded on the dev server we kept having the server crash when it tried to build a tower then the player at that point would crash the server untill they were removed from the location or we disabled the towers

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I could spawn in a portal in middle earth?

If the item exists in game, there must be a way to replace it from NEI.

Just need to know the name of the middle earth portal and I'll just spawn in a new one.

Some things that may make it better in the future.

1, Moving the middle earth portal down a bit. Last server (before my data corrupted) the portal was too high, and no one could leave. Hopefully in the next update the portal is moved down so players can leave.

2, A way to respawn important quest npcs like the blacksmith. Somehow the blacksmith on our server died and now we can't do the main quests. So much for that, but maybe in the future you can give admins more options to respawn important npcs. I also tried to respawn a mob which happens to be the wrong blacksmith, and now they won't go away. They leave a little coin they respawn from upon death, and I don't understand why all npcs don't have this.

Other then that the pack is running pretty great. Just minor annoyances, which is expected on such an extream modpack. If the npc and portal thing we're fixed I'd easily consider it 10/10, and I've never felt that great about a ftb pack. Thanks for the hard work!

You should be able to replace the MiddleEarth folder from the template to fix the portal, in the newest version I will be making it possible to replace npc's while in creative or OP mode.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I've pinpointed the portal problem down to cauldron.

When playing on a normal minecraft server the portal appears fine.

On cauldron it does not. Even after replacing the DIM-100 folder and the Middle Earth folder with those from the normal server it still doesn't show up.

I then took the whole world folder from the normal server and tried. The portal didn't show. Then I took the world file from cauldron server and put it back on the normal server then the portal was there.

Something with cauldron is making the whole portal area of middle earth not show. It's just a normal hill with nothing on it.

I'll also note cauldron added a second dim folder. This second folder did not bother the normal server however, and the portal was still there.

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying how all this looks and plays so far! I utterly enjoy how vibrant the world can be and how each NPC seems to do their own thing.

I seem to be hitting an issue after playing for a while though. Now, my computer isn't really a toaster and not high end either, but it handled most packs relatively well (like 20~40-ish FPS). After some time of playing the pack (around 10~15 mins) my systems seem to be increasingly taxed by memory issues. My current total RAM is 6GB, with 4GB allocated to Minecraft. I even left a system monitor on to watch how much memory gets used too; it starts ok at 75% but rises until it nearly maxes. Eventually, the client/system will just choke and crash.

Since there's a console log thing that comes with FTB, I kept an eye on it while playing and noticed at least one unusual message: "Potential ongoing memory leak detected, 200 packets are being leaked. Possible culprits are: RPGAdvMod - 198, Artifice - 2." This is not exactly the wording used in the console, but it should be close enough. I've done some of the common fixes like changing up the java arguments and video settings, but that one leak seems to persist. I have yet to try using Fastcraft or Optifine, but plan to do so for testing. I've heard that Modded Minecraft in general tends to suffer from memory leaks and hope that there are ways to work around those.

P.S: Is it normal for the FTB console to incessantly complain about missing files, weird configs, and incompatibilities while loading any pack up? I keep getting those every time I launch anything, though I'm sure I just direct downloaded the packs via the launcher...

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, the FTB launcher finally displayed the 2.4.2 version. Found 2 things right off the bat, the arch on the dock is missing and the covers att eh farm are still darkwood leaves. This is a fresh install.

Attachments

• 2015-02-24_15.46.33.png
    2015-02-24_15.46.33.png
    710.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 2015-02-24_15.47.18.png
    2015-02-24_15.47.18.png
    692.8 KB · Views: 48

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying how all this looks and plays so far! I utterly enjoy how vibrant the world can be and how each NPC seems to do their own thing.

I seem to be hitting an issue after playing for a while though. Now, my computer isn't really a toaster and not high end either, but it handled most packs relatively well (like 20~40-ish FPS). After some time of playing the pack (around 10~15 mins) my systems seem to be increasingly taxed by memory issues. My current total RAM is 6GB, with 4GB allocated to Minecraft. I even left a system monitor on to watch how much memory gets used too; it starts ok at 75% but rises until it nearly maxes. Eventually, the client/system will just choke and crash.

Since there's a console log thing that comes with FTB, I kept an eye on it while playing and noticed at least one unusual message: "Potential ongoing memory leak detected, 200 packets are being leaked. Possible culprits are: RPGAdvMod - 198, Artifice - 2." This is not exactly the wording used in the console, but it should be close enough. I've done some of the common fixes like changing up the java arguments and video settings, but that one leak seems to persist. I have yet to try using Fastcraft or Optifine, but plan to do so for testing. I've heard that Modded Minecraft in general tends to suffer from memory leaks and hope that there are ways to work around those.

P.S: Is it normal for the FTB console to incessantly complain about missing files, weird configs, and incompatibilities while loading any pack up? I keep getting those every time I launch anything, though I'm sure I just direct downloaded the packs via the launcher...
Yeah, those errors are pretty much the norm, as far as I have been able to tell it is mostly either a mod that does things differently than forge expects or code left in referring to old functions, blocks, etc that are no longer functional.
Awesome, the FTB launcher finally displayed the 2.4.2 version. Found 2 things right off the bat, the arch on the dock is missing and the covers att eh farm are still darkwood leaves. This is a fresh install.
Yeah the arch was reported last night, I will get those fixed, no telling what caused the darkwood leaves, but the arch was from the shenanigans from RC

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed my npc issue by simply making a test TC2 server and copied the npcs with the customnpc mod axe cloner thing. Then I just pasted them on the actual server.

It's unfortunate I couldn't get the exit portal of middle earth to show. I thought for sure I could figure out why cauldron is making the portal, npc, and items not appear when entering middle earth.

Maybe I have a bad version of cauldron or somthing, but I'm 100% sure in my case it's the reason the portal isn't appearing.

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, those errors are pretty much the norm, as far as I have been able to tell it is mostly either a mod that does things differently than forge expects or code left in referring to old functions, blocks, etc that are no longer functional.

Huh... Guess that would make sense. I might have worried for no reason. That memory leak is still a thing though, since I still need a full reset after about 20 minutes of running TC2. Is there a chance that the particular message I saw actually points to RPGAdvanced leaving some clutter? I even tested a different modpack to compare memory use with. About 25% less memory used with no notable leak, so I figure that TC2 is just that huge of a pack. XD

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
As I'm sure you know, the golems are missing from the farm yet again. Lazy golems. Likely out picking flowers. Which brings me to the idea that the farmer complained to the mages guild. Malus insists there is nothing wrong with HIS golems, it must be the farmers fault. Pegato kindly steps in and suggests hopperhocks. It would require 2 of them, one next to the chest that exists already. The second to the right of the seed barrel. You would also need to move the wheat barrel to the right of the hopperhock. Both flowers would also need the creative mana pool.

Though I admit...it's not quite as attractive as the current design. Looks a bit lopsided. Hmm, will give it more thought. As for the golems, maybe the issue with them is the space under the chest. It somehow glitches their pathing or something. no idea.

Edit: Oh yeah, I updated Chisel to Chisel2 and that breaks 2 HQM quests. The 2 in the Making the world better section.

Edit 2: Was the Advanced Player Detector always there? Did I just never notice?

Attachments

• 2015-02-24_23.43.55.png
    2015-02-24_23.43.55.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As I'm sure you know, the golems are missing from the farm yet again. Lazy golems. Likely out picking flowers. Which brings me to the idea that the farmer complained to the mages guild. Malus insists there is nothing wrong with HIS golems, it must be the farmers fault. Pegato kindly steps in and suggests hopperhocks. It would require 2 of them, one next to the chest that exists already. The second to the right of the seed barrel. You would also need to move the wheat barrel to the right of the hopperhock. Both flowers would also need the creative mana pool.

Though I admit...it's not quite as attractive as the current design. Looks a bit lopsided. Hmm, will give it more thought. As for the golems, maybe the issue with them is the space under the chest. It somehow glitches their pathing or something. no idea.
not a bad idea...i'll have to look into how to make that work...

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
not a bad idea...i'll have to look into how to make that work...

Yeah I like them. You could also use 3 ender chests with hocks, 1 in the chicken coop, 1 near the wheat and the third replacing the current chest. That wouldn't look too bad. The hocks has a short range without a mana pool. I 'think' it's like 6 blocks without and 16 with? Maybe?

also, the farm has 2 potato patches, no carrots. FYI.

PsikoBlock

Jul 29, 2019
Another issue :( Downloading the server works, but trying to unzip fails:
sh-4.3$ unzip TolkienCraftIIServer.zip
Archive: TolkienCraftIIServer.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of TolkienCraftIIServer.zip or
TolkienCraftIIServer.zip.zip, and cannot find TolkienCraftIIServer.zip.ZIP, period.

I've tried unzipping on my Mac and my server and downloading from Atlanta, Atlanta-2 and CurseCDN. Could you please check if the file got corrupted or something?

Can't wait to play this with my friends!

Thanks again,
Psiko

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so one more thing before I go to bed. There are 4 or so MCA villagers in the residential area copied over and over again to a total of about 30. Not really an issue, but there you go. What is an issue is the doubled bandits I was not expecting. 2 Ariel and Lugdar. I thought maybe just cope/replace the region files and the customnpc files but that didn't do anything. No idea where the entity data is kept to cut out the extras. Will do a no install and reload tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2015-02-25_01.21.37.png
    2015-02-25_01.21.37.png
    654.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 2015-02-25_01.22.37.png
    2015-02-25_01.22.37.png
    702.9 KB · Views: 41