[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to build in the Uruk Highlands, literally a few chunks away from Rohan. Originally I had plans to make daring raids on wargback into the Ponyboys lands. But it seems that after ticking them off a bit, i get invasions tossed my way about once an hour, sometimes two at once. It's an inspiring sight to see all my urukhai lads run off to fight. I encourage them by safely blasting away with my little Arsmagica spells from the top of my tower. I'm at about negative 600 now with Rhohan.

Just finished my Battlemage armor. Need a few levels in magic until i can make a good firespell to burn their forts and barns.

Dovkan

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated to the newest map parts, and version, everything works fine, apart from the quests not part of HQM not included anymore, I assume this is normal?

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Amazing pack, one question, after completing all the quests, I assume it is up to one to just do whatever the hell they want?
Pretty much at that point you play how you will (though in middle earth there are tons of quests you can do the lotr mod adds in) but I am making new quests with this content update.
Server is down for .17 update.
Yay!
I've updated to the newest map parts, and version, everything works fine, apart from the quests not part of HQM not included anymore, I assume this is normal?
Yeah, was brought on because of railcraft, will be fixed in next beta update
Yup! Managed to get it in the update.

FYI everyone, I am currently processing a new beta update that I am hoping to have pushed to the launcher today, other than a TON of update, I was able to get thermal dynamics in and will be finally including fastcraft by default. Will have a full change log later today

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Beta Update v2.4.2
    • New Mods
      • Thermal Dynamics
      • FastCraft
    • Updated Mods
      • BDLib
      • CoFH Core
      • CoFH Lib
      • Binnie's Mods
      • Botania
      • Carpenter's Blocks
      • Draconic Evolution
      • Gendustry
      • Jabba
      • Node Tracker
      • Project:Red
      • Redstone Arsenal
      • Refined Relocation
      • Roguelike Dungeons
      • Storage Drawers
      • Thaumcraft
      • Thaumic Tinkerer
      • Thermal Expansion
      • Tinkers Mechworks
      • TolkienTweaks
      • Traveler's Gear
      • Flaxbeard's Wonderous Steam Power
      • Antique Atlas
      • NEI Add-ons
      • NEI Integration
      • Waila
    • Configs Changed
      • Potion ID's have hopefully been thoroughly worked out, please let me know if you have any potion effect issues (this update may break any existing potions, but then, this is why this is beta)
      • Protections put in place for some items
      • Some items from thaumic tinkerer have been disabled (Server killers mostly)
      • Blacklisting of Middle-Earth dimension for Unique Artifacts
    • Other Changes
      • Corrected dialogs and quests from CustomNPC's (Thank you @BerryRJ )
      • Added a few more quests (There are only a couple, to set up the quest ideas)
      • New NPC's in place in preparation for the new quests and hopefully a full release soon(tm)
      • Fixed HQM
      • Downgraded Railcraft back to 9.4.0.0 because of HQM breaking changes
      • Map-wise, Hobbiton and Mount Doom are complete, you can now buy houses in Middle-Earth!
      • Server version will now be available - This is intended for testing purposes and should not be done to a busy/live server unless you know what you are doing.
      • Various other tweak too many to remember (Thanks to the LOLNET team for help on server-side tweaks :) )
      • Special thanks to everyone who provided feed back from the last release to help improve this release!
  • As before, this is a beta release and most likely will require a reset (this is what testing is for on a mass scale :) ) I will mention, that even with a stable release, anyone moving from 2.3.x to 2.4.x will require a reset due to the massive amount of changes, I apologize, but this was necessary in order to move forward with some ideas we have (trust me, I feel it will be worth it)

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
downloaded 2.3.17 put fastcraft back in, downloaded the map, custom npc one, extracted it to the minecraft folder. (now have two template folders, 1.7.10 2.3 and 1.7.10 2.3 custom npcfix) do I need to remove one?
I go to log into the server and I can see 2 players on, but I get the red X below that meaning I am not running the correct version. any advice

Reactions: GreatOrator

spyropulse

Jul 29, 2019
downloaded 2.3.17 put fastcraft back in, downloaded the map, custom npc one, extracted it to the minecraft folder. (now have two template folders, 1.7.10 2.3 and 1.7.10 2.3 custom npcfix) do I need to remove one?
I go to log into the server and I can see 2 players on, but I get the red X below that meaning I am not running the correct version. any advice
do what wild said in the post above, download the server, extract infernal mobs from it and replace the client pack's version to get it to work

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
We reloaded draconis last night on lolnet, and I made copies of all quest npc's with the customNPC tools. Hopefully that will let me just respawn them if they wander off.

While doing so, i noticed the Troll says "i hope you can help the kingdom".....fixed that to say various threatening lines as he wipes you off the map with his fists. Custom NPC's can have many lines of chat, so much potential for ....well, me getting into trouble probably :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
We reloaded draconis last night on lolnet, and I made copies of all quest npc's with the customNPC tools. Hopefully that will let me just respawn them if they wander off.

While doing so, i noticed the Troll says "i hope you can help the kingdom".....fixed that to say various threatening lines as he wipes you off the map with his fists. Custom NPC's can have many lines of chat, so much potential for ....well, me getting into trouble probably :)
Hey mik, since you seem to be getting good at this, if you have other variaties of lines for NPC's let me know and I can update them for all...I just had gotten so busy setting them all up I had overlooked their respective dialogs...(why dogs, cats and birds talk too...lol)

Reactions: eDilettante