[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the cross-post mate, I thought perhaps I had raised a dead thread over in Soartex. I personally like the difference that the Savannah biome provides with the yellow-brown grass and leaves - definitely gives an African plains look and feel, which the biome was created to replicate.

The current green-ness in Soartex makes it look quite lush, when in fact it is considered an arid biome for bees and has Acacia trees which are also a species that grow in arid climates.

I think these (vanilla) images give a good feel for the biome:
http://i.imgur.com/4oN4J.png
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/LupusRutilus/Minecraft/Savanna.png

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
At first, great to add this texture pack to the ftb launcher, but would use it either way, such awesome work.

Just played a bit with wireless redstone from chickenbone and the wireless remote has no texture, not the standard texture, just an empty space. Makes it really hard to locate the remote, because only the name pops up. Is there a way to correct this? thx

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
At first, great to add this texture pack to the ftb launcher, but would use it either way, such awesome work.

Just played a bit with wireless redstone from chickenbone and the wireless remote has no texture, not the standard texture, just an empty space. Makes it really hard to locate the remote, because only the name pops up. Is there a way to correct this? thx

A possible fix is to update using the patcher. The problem with that mod is that even in default the texture does not work. But we should have fixed it but the fixes take time to reach the ftb launcher.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Should I update the packs now with fixes to invisible textures or wait several days and update with more in-depth bug fixes and tweaks?

My house closed on Friday (yay!) and most of the week was shot with moving. However, I'm back to texturing and making a lot of progress. I started a huge remake of redpower and am about 1/3 of the way through the 500 or so logic gate textures. GoldBattle has been working on GUIs that were missing from it. I've done quite a bit of work on the machines sheet as well. Ores throughout the pack should be a pretty quick change.

Lothendas27

Jul 29, 2019
I just created an account solely to thank you for this texture pack :)

Should I update the packs now with fixes to invisible textures or wait several days and update with more in-depth bug fixes and tweaks?

I think we can wait until it is all ready to be released, and it is probably easier for you to release it as one big thing rather than two releases.

Ashton187

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm new to the forum and this thread so i apologise if this has been answered.

I'm currently using this texture pack for the Mindcrack version of FTB, some of the textures have a white line around the edge of them, like marble, basalt, dirt and a few of the 3d spinning objects have like a missing pixel type square border around them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

GGFreeman

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm new to the forum and this thread so i apologise if this has been answered.

I'm currently using this texture pack for the Mindcrack version of FTB, some of the textures have a white line around the edge of them, like marble, basalt, dirt and a few of the 3d spinning objects have like a missing pixel type square border around them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Turn off antialiasing

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not quite ready to prepare the update to the premade packs yet, but we have reached a milestone. Redpower has received some love!

-all logic gates completely remade from scratch
-Blutric engine
-Basalt and marble bricks actually shaded... looks good now
-GUIs and GUI buttons fixed and mostly completed (GoldBattle)
-dagger added, new seeds and indigo flower
-non-Hamaczi gem ores, copper and tin standardized
-gem blocks are edits of Darx gem block, ornate basalt is now basalt based
-rubber wood is more riminiscent of default redpower texture
-ribbon cable remade; control has a little more shading
-remade battery box and many changes to all the machines
-charging bench, sortron and manager added
-lighting completely remade from scratch and completed
-bundled cable has colored underlay to make it identifiable
-shading on all cables and cable ends
-windmill items
-all tubes, magtubes, fluid pipes and accelerator remade
-fixed frame machine bug

All changes are uploaded to http://files.soartex.net/mods/Redpower_2.zip

You can install it via the mod patcher or manually, of course. These changes will trickle down sometime soon.

Also changed is:
-Xycraft bricks improved and brick overlay fixed
-OmniTools compatability fix (TyanCoulte)
-TubeStuff compatability fix (Ninten_Droid)
-Gregtech rotary macerator animated and other fixes (Nexans)

@mo: Only if someone else makes it. ;)

Lothendas27

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not quite ready to prepare the update to the premade packs yet, but we have reached a milestone. Redpower has received some love!

-all logic gates completely remade from scratch
-Blutric engine
-Basalt and marble bricks actually shaded... looks good now
-GUIs and GUI buttons fixed and mostly completed (GoldBattle)
-dagger added, new seeds and indigo flower
-non-Hamaczi gem ores, copper and tin standardized
-gem blocks are edits of Darx gem block, ornate basalt is now basalt based
-rubber wood is more riminiscent of default redpower texture
-ribbon cable remade; control has a little more shading
-remade battery box and many changes to all the machines
-charging bench, sortron and manager added
-lighting completely remade from scratch and completed
-bundled cable has colored underlay to make it identifiable
-shading on all cables and cable ends
-windmill items
-all tubes, magtubes, fluid pipes and accelerator remade
-fixed frame machine bug

All changes are uploaded to http://files.soartex.net/mods/Redpower_2.zip

You can install it via the mod patcher or manually, of course. These changes will trickle down sometime soon.

Also changed is:
-Xycraft bricks improved and brick overlay fixed
-OmniTools compatability fix (TyanCoulte)
-TubeStuff compatability fix (Ninten_Droid)
-Gregtech rotary macerator animated and other fixes (Nexans)

@mo: Only if someone else makes it. ;)

Thanks for this little update and all your hard work :) Going to test what the new marble & basalt textures look like now.

Azrok

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using this pack for a while now, so I thought I should log in here to say thank you for making such a amazing texture pack man. Really love your work.

rikailp

Jul 29, 2019
Just some small notes:
The pack used for the mindcrack pack still says its for v4 in the TP selection screen while the forum thread says its for v6.
Also, the textures for Sodium Cell and Sodium Sulfide Cell seem to be missing/invisible.

Just figured i'd report these in case they weren't known issues. Didn't see mention of them in the past few pages. :)

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex_Direwolf.zip and Soartex_Mindcrack.zip updated!

Changes include a general Redpower remake, bug fixes, completeness on many of the smaller mods and some Twilight Forest mazestone, as well as an ore rebalancing where most of the ores have been remade to look better together. Iron chests re-added.

EDIT: GoldBattle re-updated Direwolf to add OmniTools and EE3, which I had missed before. Go like some of his posts.

Let me know if you have any problems!

Boxsetz

Jul 29, 2019

Changes include a general Redpower remake, bug fixes, completeness on many of the smaller mods and some Twilight Forest mazestone, as well as an ore rebalancing where most of the ores have been remade to look better together.

Thanks for the Update Shoe! keep up the great work!

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019

Changes include a general Redpower remake, bug fixes, completeness on many of the smaller mods and some Twilight Forest mazestone, as well as an ore rebalancing where most of the ores have been remade to look better together. Iron chests re-added.

Awesome work, thanks for the great work. Now that the Wireless Remote has a texture, I won't lose it all the time. :)

Also nice work on the Iron Chests, looking great!

Status
Not open for further replies.