[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice! I am confused about the quests coming from the commander. I have done most of the fetch quests (except the grocers), i have done the reinforcement and botania quest lines, done several mini quests. My confusion is that I was able to complete the Horizons Expanded quest in the HQM book without ever killing the troll. I can't get the commander to open his questline. I received a dragon coin from one of the mages as a reward. I was able to turn that in to HQM and it said the commander has quests for me. Still cant get him to open up. I have used the npc wand to figure it out with no luck either.

I've seen similar things happen. Hopefully all sorted soon. I can attest personally to the number of hours I see GO putting in each day on the modpack. Hobbiton is looking more amazing each day by the way. I was looking over what GO and Brandon had got done, while trying to get a pot of coffee in me so i could head to work. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice! I am confused about the quests coming from the commander. I have done most of the fetch quests (except the grocers), i have done the reinforcement and botania quest lines, done several mini quests. My confusion is that I was able to complete the Horizons Expanded quest in the HQM book without ever killing the troll. I can't get the commander to open his questline. I received a dragon coin from one of the mages as a reward. I was able to turn that in to HQM and it said the commander has quests for me. Still cant get him to open up. I have used the npc wand to figure it out with no luck either.
View attachment 14998
View attachment 14996
The death of the troll quest is linked to getting the item which is a "letter" to take to the king, however, the troll is opened up after you kill the bandits, which should get you back on track. and yes, many hours, more soon once we sync the map up with my pc dev environment to work on quests alone.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
ok, i already killed the bandits from Welcome to Tolkinecraft. Is there another set of bandits? I have just been ignoring that from the king hehe

edit: I completely understand how much effort goes into these maps as I have done this in the past as well. Maybe the confusion, for me at least, is knowing when the HQM book links with the npc quests. Sometimes it is clear to me and other times it is not. This is totally my fault as i am not reading everything. BUT, you are doing an awesome job and it is appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

MCMetalProgrammer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GreatOrator,
I just updated the pack and there are some items missing, also when i relogged in to clear a small bug (Angel Wings were showing on my character when they wern't equipped), the client crashed.

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to get it out of the world... sorta crashed the server upon entering your base area... :/ now i am stuck with yall xD (brought almost nothing though so tis all good)

I am sorry Spyropulse, Morvash did not know about the tent bug and it did not register with me until it was too late. I hope that you are able to get back in and if so, tell everyone else not to teleport to my base. Morvash and I will just wait until either GO or Ranger tell us it is okay to log back in, or the upgrade to the server happens, whichever is first. I know they are both super busy working on updates and fielding bug reports at this time, but hopefully, they can get you guys at least back on and working on your bases. For the time being, he and I are just playing on a single LAN game.

spyropulse

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry Spyropulse, Morvash did not know about the tent bug and it did not register with me until it was too late. I hope that you are able to get back in and if so, tell everyone else not to teleport to my base. Morvash and I will just wait until either GO or Ranger tell us it is okay to log back in, or the upgrade to the server happens, whichever is first. I know they are both super busy working on updates and fielding bug reports at this time, but hopefully, they can get you guys at least back on and working on your bases. For the time being, he and I are just playing on a single LAN game.
Not able to log back in, i am just playing ssp till this all sorts itself out... which will hopefully be soon.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I have messaged ranger about the server down, and suggested an update is in order which should stop the crashing.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
So I got an npc to follow me. I know how to give them armor, but is it possible to give weapons?

Also what is the mod that lets you do this?

I thought is custom npc, judging by youtube custom npc mod reviews look completely different.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I played this pack 3-4 weeks ago and gave up since I wasted 2 days building a base to realize my game was fubar cause of quests being unable to be completed for doing things out of order. I tested it at the time that if you play the back and forth between npc quests and the hqm book you get the 'proper' path, etc. I did this very quickly and wasn't truly absorbing it at the time.

Time has passed, decided to give 2.4.1 a go and see the awesomeness of the buildings, etc. since the main town is so well done. going through the normal back and forth, killed the x # of creatures for king, him being only one I've done quests for.

Here is where I think is the discrepency that I think caused me to go off on rail before. You kill the creatures, he thanks you, gives u stf, and that's it. You talk to him again, if you mention monsters, he goes down the path again, but you can talk to him of bandits and he says to go kill bandits and the quest (L key) shows you need to bring the medallion back to him).

But... if you look at HQM, the quest book states you talked to THE COMMANDER and got that quest to kill the bandit.

I'm assuming the HQM text is incorrect and should say the king asked you to do this. Correct?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I got an npc to follow me. I know how to give them armor, but is it possible to give weapons?

Also what is the mod that lets you do this?

I thought is custom npc, judging by youtube custom npc mod reviews look completely different.
That would be minecraft comes alive
I played this pack 3-4 weeks ago and gave up since I wasted 2 days building a base to realize my game was fubar cause of quests being unable to be completed for doing things out of order. I tested it at the time that if you play the back and forth between npc quests and the hqm book you get the 'proper' path, etc. I did this very quickly and wasn't truly absorbing it at the time.

Time has passed, decided to give 2.4.1 a go and see the awesomeness of the buildings, etc. since the main town is so well done. going through the normal back and forth, killed the x # of creatures for king, him being only one I've done quests for.

Here is where I think is the discrepency that I think caused me to go off on rail before. You kill the creatures, he thanks you, gives u stf, and that's it. You talk to him again, if you mention monsters, he goes down the path again, but you can talk to him of bandits and he says to go kill bandits and the quest (L key) shows you need to bring the medallion back to him).

But... if you look at HQM, the quest book states you talked to THE COMMANDER and got that quest to kill the bandit.

I'm assuming the HQM text is incorrect and should say the king asked you to do this. Correct?
I will take a look and correct if that is the case, but, watching as many videos as I have, most of the issue has just been not being familiar with the different quest systems.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I will take a look and correct if that is the case, but, watching as many videos as I have, most of the issue has just been not being familiar with the different quest systems.
Don't get me wrong, I assure you that the familiarity with the 2 quest systems is the cause. What I am pointing out is that when these very same people (myself included) come to these forums to try to figure out what's wrong, I guarantee that this is one of those things that is sticking in their minds that adds to the confusion. Did I get the quest from the king or the commander. Answer that incorrectly here in these forums and inconsistent answers get bandied about. TBH, I think the problem I ran into was this:
1) get quest from king to kill bandits
2) kill bandits
3) see in HQM that it was commander that gave me the quest
4) see commander, he does SOMETHING (I'd have to test this) that screws the thing up entirely.
If things didn't go that way, I don't know what I did then since I'm 100% certain I finished the questline with getting the zombies/creeper/skels.

That and the fact that the quests don't disappear from their dialog (you can still ask the king about monsters, goes through all the steps of doing that quest all over again except the actual giving you the quest again). I think that is also confusing people (myself included).

What you are doing (and very well I might add) is wedge some things into something not meant to be wedged in that way. Not only are you maintaining HQM but also adding into the mix, the rpg quests as well. It's confusing to serve two masters and not to know which one is the lead and which is the follower. I assume now that we lean on the RPG quests as the lead and the HQM is to be followed behind as we go along, although you have places you need to show the item to hqm before it gets used up by the RPG quest giver. Again, it's an aggravating thing to waste a day or two or more on the pack and then realize that you had made a mistake many days prior that will keep you from proceeding whatsoever.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
hey GO so some how i got the council summons to work, didnt really do anything but i did at the same time, i deleted the \ in the dialog where the give command is for the summons then loaded and tried to get a summon paper from him a couple times, then closed and put the \'s back and for somereason it started working, good news legolas worked for me this time, tells me to go to a tower in the east, out of curiosity how far east is it?

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019

I ran into an issue with the king, the bandit and the Commander also. Talking to the king sent me off to kill the bandit. Next the king tells me well done, go see the Commander. The commander says 'beauty, Mate' and gives me a note to take back to the king saying I have killed the bandit. Kingy says to go back and see the Commander. (I am also having a go at 2.4.1)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
hey GO so some how i got the council summons to work, didnt really do anything but i did at the same time, i deleted the \ in the dialog where the give command is for the summons then loaded and tried to get a summon paper from him a couple times, then closed and put the \'s back and for somereason it started working, good news legolas worked for me this time, tells me to go to a tower in the east, out of curiosity how far east is it?
Just outside of hobbiton If I remember the map correctly in the current version, it is out in the open
I ran into an issue with the king, the bandit and the Commander also. Talking to the king sent me off to kill the bandit. Next the king tells me well done, go see the Commander. The commander says 'beauty, Mate' and gives me a note to take back to the king saying I have killed the bandit. Kingy says to go back and see the Commander. (I am also having a go at 2.4.1)
alright, I will check the triggers for their quests, sound like I missed something.

Reactions: MissLid

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I see. Minecraft comes alive is a pretty awesome mod. It makes the adventure that much greater!

Some thing to note,
1, Putting a tinker construct weapon in an npcs inventory will ruin the weapon. It appeared to turn into wood with 0 attack damage.

2, Marrying or making a baby with a npc unfortunately crashed the server. If your playing with a few friends or yourself it's no big deal, but larger servers may want to look into this.

3, Build yourself the monarch armor set and crown, recruit 3 body guards, then look and feel EPIC!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
2, Marrying or making a baby with a npc unfortunately crashed the server. If your playing with a few friends or yourself it's no big deal, but larger servers may want to look into this.

Is it crashing the server, or kicking you from the server? I saw this problem once before, where it would kick the players not creating a baby.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I see. Minecraft comes alive is a pretty awesome mod. It makes the adventure that much greater!

Some thing to note,
1, Putting a tinker construct weapon in an npcs inventory will ruin the weapon. It appeared to turn into wood with 0 attack damage.

3, Build yourself the monarch armor set and crown, recruit 3 body guards, then look and feel EPIC!
Yes, it kicks all players except the player getting married or making a baby.
That is because MCA expects vanilla type weapons (doesn't really store NBT which is why the reversion) same type of reason tinkers tools found in loot chests are fuggered. I would really like to see one of the client crash logs to see what happened.

And yes, the extra features MCA offered was one of the many reasons I added it to the pack, all part of the living, breathing world.