Texture Artists

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's a great idea. :) However, I would request specifically that I get the "Artist Whore of the Modding Community" banner.

2J6pRlS.png

Last edited:

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
As a side question, this stuff of making textures sounds interesting. I'm a Photographer (for real, not Instagram like stuff -.-) and I know Photoshop quite deeply. However I know nothing about modding, Java etc, I play FTB purely as a end-user gamer knowing zero about the "under the hood", so my question is, except for the resolution of the textures which is straightforward, which are the characteristics of a mod texture pack?
  • format? (.tiff, .png, .gif ecc) - .png
  • weight (50kB, 1Mb...) - found always around 2kB, the heviest I found is the water flow 600kB
  • is each item\entitie a sum of images of each side or is a 3d object build in some way after a editing it in Photoshop? - How the hell are mobs "folded" from the image xD, also I did not understood the logic of the organization in the folders of a texture pack, some textures are with the patterns and vice-versa.
  • range of colors usable?
  • color profile?
  • anything I'm missing?

Edit: Did some research by myself in the while.

Last edited:

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
It uses the RGB colour space and on that accepts anything on the range. Alpha doesn't work unless the image is specifically rendered with it in mind. Other than that, all guis need to be 256x256.

Reactions: Maxiride

Lomeli12

Jul 29, 2019
Could I get textures for obsidian surrounded by iron, gold, redstone, lapis, diamond, emerald?

Wolfie_Waffle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, someone said they needed a hammer and chisel. I'm not really a texture artist, but you can use this texture I made if you want:

Attachments

• hammer.png
    hammer.png
    407 bytes · Views: 134

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys so moders can request textures here? lol that is awesome if this thread is still active i could really use its help

Reactions: Blorph

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
well the mod has an insane amount of textures so i will just start with a few lol, i have 4 blocks that when walked upon changes the time of day or the weather, one that makes it day, one that makes it night, one that makes it rain, one that makes it clear. I also have 3 light blocks that each get successively brighter and need textures for those, which i am thinking should be a whitish color. I also have 4 armor sets that are recolors of each other, and follow the 4 elements so fire water air earth, red blue yellow green, i have a block called a sky forge which is used to produce things in my mod which is a sided block and will need a top sides and bottom texture, i also have 4 plants currently with 4 growth stages, and need textures for the seeds and the growth stages but not the products. i also have 5 tools, pickaxe, axe, sword, shovel, and hoe. all the same color. I have 12 flowers which would be the same only recoloring, that add potion effects so colors representing the various potion effects would be applicable, and finally i have 4 blocks that are sort of like indexes of knowledge, that drop inscriptions. That is a lot of textures but is not all of the mod, so if anyone has any questions or thinks they can help with any of this i would be very appreciative