Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika: Composing new modpack, have Big Reactors (for the easy tech people) and Reactorcraft (v3d) and checking ore generation. I see no pitchblende anywhere, and Worldedit finds none either. Is Reactorcraft placing Yellorium, or disabling itself because it detects a compatible ore?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika: Composing new modpack, have Big Reactors (for the easy tech people) and Reactorcraft (v3d) and checking ore generation. I see no pitchblende anywhere, and Worldedit finds none either. Is Reactorcraft placing Yellorium, or disabling itself because it detects a compatible ore?
No. Pitchblende only spawns in oceans, rivers, Rainbow Forests, and the end and Twilight Forest.

Reactions: Azzanine

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding worldgen and ores, would Reactorcraft support allowing custom ore generation? We're reducing the total ore count in our new server (poor resources world), and there's more magnetite than coal. CofhCore has a good method for custom ore generation, but it requires disabling the generation in the source mod.

I'm sure this is a balance issue, and I'm trying to reduce the frequency of ores as a way to increase relative difficulty. Perhaps the right idea for your mods would be to add a scale you endorse for easy/normal/hard mode which influences how much ore is created.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Regarding worldgen and ores, would Reactorcraft support allowing custom ore generation? We're reducing the total ore count in our new server (poor resources world), and there's more magnetite than coal. CofhCore has a good method for custom ore generation, but it requires disabling the generation in the source mod.

I'm sure this is a balance issue, and I'm trying to reduce the frequency of ores as a way to increase relative difficulty. Perhaps the right idea for your mods would be to add a scale you endorse for easy/normal/hard mode which influences how much ore is created.
Well, ores that have duplicates have the ability to be turned off if the other generates, but I am very hesitant to add any option for other ores, because of how many people have come to me wanting to use ReC as normal but without ore gen.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Well, ores that have duplicates have the ability to be turned off if the other generates, but I am very hesitant to add any option for other ores, because of how many people have come to me wanting to use ReC as normal but without ore gen.

I'm not sure I follow that last part. I understand why you're careful with balancing your mod, which is why I suggested maybe you have an ore difficulty scale. Easy = x2 ores, Normal = x1, Hard = 1/2, Extreme = 1/4 total quantity. That gives the user some control instead of asking you to disable everything so they can control the generation.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm not sure I follow that last part. I understand why you're careful with balancing your mod, which is why I suggested maybe you have an ore difficulty scale. Easy = x2 ores, Normal = x1, Hard = 1/2, Extreme = 1/4 total quantity. That gives the user some control instead of asking you to disable everything so they can control the generation.
This has nothing to do with balance.

I have a lot of people asking me for a config to turn off ReC ores because they find them "obnoxious" and "useless", yet have no plans on adding another way of obtaining the materials. I am not going to make their wishes possible, because the instant I do, they will do it and then complain to me.

An ore density multiplier is an interesting idea I may be open to, but turning off ReC ores outright for allowing CoG is never going to be possible.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
This has nothing to do with balance.

I have a lot of people asking me for a config to turn off ReC ores because they find them "obnoxious" and "useless", yet have no plans on adding another way of obtaining the materials. I am not going to make their wishes possible, because the instant I do, they will do it and then complain to me.

An ore density multiplier is an interesting idea I may be open to, but turning off ReC ores outright for allowing CoG is never going to be possible.

Turning them off would only be for external ore gen, and that interferes with balance and gating to my mind.

If you take the level you have now, and support a scaled reduction from your norm with a minimum of at least 1 in any generation attempt, you can reduce it while ensuring the resources are always in the game.

They aren't obnoxious or useless, they just should be rarer and need to be quested for!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Turning them off would only be for external ore gen, and that interferes with balance and gating to my mind.

If you take the level you have now, and support a scaled reduction from your norm with a minimum of at least 1 in any generation attempt, you can reduce it while ensuring the resources are always in the game.

They aren't obnoxious or useless, they just should be rarer and need to be quested for!
Done.

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of ores, Is pitchblende already available in the deep dark? Because if not it would be nice to have that option for people who are not playing with the twilight forest.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to use the silver iodide cannon? I would like to make a superstorm, but it is telling me "Empty inventory" in WAILA. I have put in a stack each of silver iodide, glowstone, and redstone, and given it a gasoline engine's worth of power, but nothing is happening.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to use the silver iodide cannon? I would like to make a superstorm, but it is telling me "Empty inventory" in WAILA. I have put in a stack each of silver iodide, glowstone, and redstone, and given it a gasoline engine's worth of power, but nothing is happening.

If you're on the server with 25z, it seemed sporadic to me too.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika: Given your proficiency and excellent libraries, would you be interested in writing an admin tool to help generate worlds? Your boring machine obviously does it and so far all the worldgen I've used for 1.7.10 has crashed. They are basically just like your bore (load + populate) in a loop.