Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of, I'd love to see a less cumbersome method for transferring power between dimensions. If I'm running a fusion reactor in the overworld, I would like to be able to transfer some of that power to places other than those exact coordinates in other dimensions (as using the current shaft-in-a-portal method). Something like a tesseract wouldn't fit with Rotarycraft but I think a multiblock which requires input power in both dimensions would be perfect. Possibly a 3x3x4 requiring rotational input at the rear (not the power to be transferred, but to run it) and a van de graff on either side. The logistics of building and powering it would encourage the current hub model where you have one stationary point of transfer between dimensions but without requiring your bases to be in identical locations. It could be a 1:1 system with some sort of linked block at the center of the multiblock to connect the portals.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
There is a block that does this in Chromaticraft, those colourful portal blocks :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of, I'd love to see a less cumbersome method for transferring power between dimensions. If I'm running a fusion reactor in the overworld, I would like to be able to transfer some of that power to places other than those exact coordinates in other dimensions (as using the current shaft-in-a-portal method). Something like a tesseract wouldn't fit with Rotarycraft but I think a multiblock which requires input power in both dimensions would be perfect. Possibly a 3x3x4 requiring rotational input at the rear (not the power to be transferred, but to run it) and a van de graff on either side. The logistics of building and powering it would encourage the current hub model where you have one stationary point of transfer between dimensions but without requiring your bases to be in identical locations. It could be a 1:1 system with some sort of linked block at the center of the multiblock similar to the AE entangled singularity, but in block form.
You'd be surprised how often this gets requested (although I like the unique restrictions you suggested). The problem is that nobody has managed to suggest a mechanic that suits Reika's sense of realism (or, in some cases, proves to be worth the effort of implementation)

Stuff that has been suggested and rejected:
* Singularities/Portals
* Lasers
* Satellites/microwave beams ( I think)

Personally I'd love to see such a thing implemented, it would create fascinating gameplay decisions, even as a giant multiblock.

There is a block that does this in Chromaticraft, those colourful portal blocks :p
Wait, it transports RoC power?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... hmm ...

Can I add chromaticcraft gen to a mystcraft age? Oh, you said no.
Ok, how about an RFTools world? Oh, same issue?

Finally, a clear use for ChromaticCraft -- dimensional shaft transport. Magic indeed.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone seen a major client only FPS issue with Void Monster (V3a)? Jvisualvm says it is the active entity being rendered while I'm getting 0 FPS.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
There are some known bugs, but none performance related.

Had every player report it during testing. Removing void monster mod, problem went away. Client side FPS lag only, wasn't hitting server TPS. Wish I could be more specific, but it seemed tied to the render code. Jvisualvm wasn't very informative.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Having a bit of an issue with hydrokinetics. I've got a couple of them I plan on using, but I can't seem to get them to turn right. They're sitting at Y 37 or so, and I have the water falling on them from around Y 110, which is greater than the 64-block distance the book says they require. They're perfectly lubricated, only have 4 of them joined up, and yet they're only outputting ~127W @ 1 rad/s.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Having a bit of an issue with hydrokinetics. I've got a couple of them I plan on using, but I can't seem to get them to turn right. They're sitting at Y 37 or so, and I have the water falling on them from around Y 110, which is greater than the 64-block distance the book says they require. They're perfectly lubricated, only have 4 of them joined up, and yet they're only outputting ~127W @ 1 rad/s.
Are you able to produce a screenshot sir?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Are you able to produce a screenshot sir?

The engines are at Y = 39, the water source blocks are at Y = 110:

30a7wap.png

2015-02-11_112127_zpsaa4e734c.png

2015-02-11_112157_zps6b975776.png

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
The first screenshot makes it look like you're water source is directly above the middle of the hydrokinetics, and it isn't hitting the right side of the engine with that energy.
Instead, the right side is only receiving a one block fall, which generates 127 nm at 1 rad

Just may thoughts, I don't know how smart the hydrokinetics are.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The first screenshot makes it look like you're water source is directly above the middle of the hydrokinetics, and it isn't hitting the right side of the engine with that energy.
Instead, the right side is only receiving a one block fall, which generates 127 nm at 1 rad

Just may thoughts, I don't know how smart the hydrokinetics are.
I'll try moving them when I manage to get back home without Minecrash being an arse.

[ETA]

It worked! I just had to get it going to the right side and it worked like a charm, thankee!

Last edited:

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, my memory skills suck.

I'm pretty sure the water has to hit the hydrokinetic so that it spins counterclockwise (which is the left side, my bad) . But ask the handbook before you mess up cause of me.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Had every player report it during testing. Removing void monster mod, problem went away. Client side FPS lag only, wasn't hitting server TPS. Wish I could be more specific, but it seemed tied to the render code. Jvisualvm wasn't very informative.
The render code is primarily that of an Ender crystal, making this strange.