Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
Enviromine has that feature IIRC

I'm pretty sure it's just buffed vanilla generation with support for common materials such as copper and tin. Don't quite me on that though.

Source: I remember at some point someone on a server I played wanted to mine yellorite and the DeepDark was of no use. That was in 1.6 though.

I believe that in the 1.7.10 dw20 pack or any other for that matter yellowrium ore is not found in the deep dark but uranium ore is found. In the dw20 pack uranium is ore dictionaried with yellowrium so if he found any it might be because of that.

The thing is that I mainly want diamonds so if anyone has any ideas for that. Please help. (Not manual mining)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The thing is that I mainly want diamonds so if anyone has any ideas for that. Please help. (Not manual mining)
The way I always got diamonds if I had IC2 was to macerate coal and compress it into chunks with flint and obsidian. One stack of coal makes a diamond, I think. Not sure how you'll get the coal if you're not mining, charcoal can't be used instead.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
The way I always got diamonds if I had IC2 was to macerate coal and compress it into chunks with flint and obsidian. One stack of coal makes a diamond, I think. Not sure how you'll get the coal if you're not mining, charcoal can't be used instead.

Actually by manual mining I meant actually mining as a person but a quarry or arcane bore doesnt qualify in that. So your suggestion seems very good considering I have tons of coal laying around unused.

Thanks!!!

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
This can be made a bit more efficient via the use of Ender IO. If you silk touch coal ore, not only does the SAG mill have a flat out chance of producing a diamond (<1%) but it also creates coal powder in addition to the extra coal (which can also be put through the mill for up to 2 pulverized coals), which is oreDictionary'd to IC2 coal dust.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Excellent, that perfectly answers my question. Thanks! =^_^=

Check out some of the last few Direwolf20 Server Play episodes (they just started a new server, BTW)...

DW builds what on paper (someone set up a spreadsheet) is the most fuel/output/size efficient reactor which puts out about 11K RF/t, then mates it with a similar specced turbine for about 24K RF/t.

He then adds a Computercraft system to control everything and keep the turbine running at 1800 rev/sec which happens to be a "sweet spot" for turbine efficiency, while at the same time cutting fuel costs to 1/3 of the reactor alone.

Reactor:

Turbine:

Computerdraft Code:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Check out some of the last few Direwolf20 Server Play episodes (they just started a new server, BTW)...

DW builds what on paper (someone set up a spreadsheet) is the most fuel/output/size efficient reactor which puts out about 11K RF/t, then mates it with a similar specced turbine for about 24K RF/t.

He then adds a Computercraft system to control everything and keep the turbine running at 1800 rev/sec which happens to be a "sweet spot" for efficiency.

Reactor:

Turbine:

Computerdraft Code:

NICE. I'll definitely have to check that out too, I like Dire's vids!

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on a setup with 3 different sets of blocks that can be activated and deactivated using redstone signal. What i wanna do is activate the set1 first, after 10 secs, the 2nd sets and lastly, after another 10 secs, the 3rd set. Now this can easely be done with repeaters from projectred. The problem start when i want to reverse the progress. When turning the setup off, i first want the 3rd set to shut off first, then after 10 seconds, set 2 and lastly after another 10 seconds, the first set.

Can any1 help me with what i should use for such a layout? I prefer not to use computercraft, mainly becus i cant code. For information, im using the DW20 pack V1.0.3

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
With repeaters and redstone emmiters/recievers.

The hard part - the logic - can be done easier inside the factory manager.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I am working on a setup with 3 different sets of blocks that can be activated and deactivated using redstone signal. What i wanna do is activate the set1 first, after 10 secs, the 2nd sets and lastly, after another 10 secs, the 3rd set. Now this can easely be done with repeaters from projectred. The problem start when i want to reverse the progress. When turning the setup off, i first want the 3rd set to shut off first, then after 10 seconds, set 2 and lastly after another 10 seconds, the first set.

Can any1 help me with what i should use for such a layout? I prefer not to use computercraft, mainly becus i cant code. For information, im using the DW20 pack V1.0.3
Sounds like you want to look at the first entry here. Unless you've already got it working with SFM; that works too.

asdfth12

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if any of the thaumcraft addons have a way to pull essentia from a TE essentia storage and into tubing leading to essentia crystalizers?

asdfth12

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic energistics. I've got the essentia stored a thaumic AE network, but I'm trying to pull directly from the network into tubes leading to crystalizers.