[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
Can't try it out until I can record again next week.
Salt water? Is there some sort of distillation process to remove the salt? lol
As far as I know not. But use a bucket and fill a berrel, and then get it with a bottle. You will get clear water.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Can't try it out until I can record again next week.
Salt water? Is there some sort of distillation process to remove the salt? lol

Salt water is part of environmine. In other modpacks, just cook it in a furnace and it'll become drinkable water. I'm not sure if it's disabled or something else is made drinkable. But I'd love it if the brewed drinks (sake and that other drink that makes you have a chance to be tipsy) can be put in the camel pack or give hydration.

Is the update out for anyone yet?

Nope, been looking like a fool the past hour closing and re-opening FTB launcher to see if its up. :D

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Java 8 update 25 i haven't had any problems with blast off but people keep saying 8 doesn't work well with it! Should i downgrade or just leave it?

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
Salt water is part of environmine. In other modpacks, just cook it in a furnace and it'll become drinkable water. I'm not sure if it's disabled or something else is made drinkable. But I'd love it if the brewed drinks (sake and that other drink that makes you have a chance to be tipsy) can be put in the camel pack or give hydration.

Nope, been looking like a fool the past hour closing and re-opening FTB launcher to see if its up. :D

Doesn't it become salt?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Java 8 update 25 i haven't had any problems with blast off but people keep saying 8 doesn't work well with it! Should i downgrade or just leave it?

Java 8 is fine for any of the newer modpacks. The problem with Java 8 used to be that the Forge mod didn't work with it yet. Well, that has been resolved. The latest Forge builds all work perfectly with Java 8.

The problem you will have with Java 8 is if you have any older modpacks that you still enjoy playing (modpacks that use Minecraft 1.6.4 or earlier). For instance, I still have my FTB Ultimate world, which was based on Minecraft 1.4.7 - in order for me to play this world, I would have to have a separate install of Java 7 and I would need to use that version with FTB in order to play FTB Ultimate (because FTB Ultimate uses a very old version of Forge which cannot handle the newer commands inside of Java 8).

I hope that explains it for you. And if anything is incorrect I trust someone will correct me. But I think that summarizes it.

Reactions: JimmyJam

Cenodis

Jul 29, 2019
Install java 7 and adjust java path in launcher to it. Java 8 don't like forge
So, I downgraded java to 1.7.0_75, but it still doesn't work:

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Blast Off! v 1.1.17 MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: E:\Java\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Blast Off! 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 3072
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[20:42:51] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[20:42:51] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Do you have any ideas how I could fix that?

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
So, I downgraded java to 1.7.0_75, but it still doesn't work:

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Blast Off! v 1.1.17 MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: E:\Java\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Blast Off! 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 3072
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[20:42:51] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[20:42:51] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Do you have any ideas how I could fix that?
I don't read java but i think it has something to do with a problem ;)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Right? My first run through I ended up dying of thirst because I assumed sake would refill my thirst.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this pack, absolutely loving it! I wanted to offer thanks in some way by contributing something, so... I kind of edited the intro.

... which, as I type it now, I realize is a rather arrogant thing to "just go and do", heh. I hope you won't be offended---I have a background in editing, and I originally sat down just to polish up the typos and such... but then it kind of got away from me and I added a few sci-fi tweaks I thought you might like. I hope you'll see this as a sign of how much I love this pack and desire to contribute something in an area I have some expertise in, rather than as an unwarranted intrusion on your creation, which was most definitely not my intent!

Please, feel free to use it, in whole or in part or not at all, hack it apart, do whatever you like; I cede it to you in its entirety, no need to credit me if you do choose to use it.

---STANDBY FOR GREETING....--- Greetings, S-CELL-230, I am ROBIT. I have determined the environment of Earth to be HABITABILITY: MARGINAL. In accordance with my programming, I have terminated your hypersleep.

---STANDBY FOR HISTORICAL SUMMARY....--- c.2120 CE: The resources of Earth are exhausted and climate change has peaked, yet technology still hungers for power. To meet this need, construction begins on the cutting-edge BioTNuclear Power Plant. c.2121 CE: Shortly after completion, a devastating earthquake triggers a cascading Core Failure Event. Though the Event is ultimately contained, the structural integrity of the world's largest Nuclear and TBioCells manufacturing facility is irreparably compromised. With the aid of NASA's interplanetary technology, most of humanity flees to destinations throughout the solar system. c.2123 CE: You are almost aboard the last ship to leave Earth when the facility suffers a Global Catastrophic Structural Failure Event. Planetary lock-down engages. Per safety regulation SR-19, you are placed in suspended hypersleep until the environment of Earth is determined to be HABITABILITY: MARGINAL.

---STANDBY FOR ENVIRONMENTAL SIT-REP....--- AIR: 72% Poor/12% Lethal/16% Unknown. RESOURCES-MINERAL: 7% Viable/93% Nonviable. RESOURCES-ORGANIC: Negligible. LIFE-FLORA: Negligible. LIFE-FAUNA-NOCTURNAL: 73% Lethal, Predatory/27% Unknown. LIFE-FAUNA-DIURNAL: Negligible. CLIMATE: Extreme, Violent, Tornadic. THREAT-PHYSICAL: Critical to Lethal. THREAT-PSYCHOLOGICAL: Severe to Traumatic.

---STANDBY FOR INSPIRATION/HOPE....--- I, ROBIT, am here to guide you! Together, we will gather the necessary materials, and you will single-handedly construct a NASA interplanetary vessel of your very own! You will take to the stars and join the rest of humanity in space!---END INSPIRATION/HOPE---

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Right? My first run through I ended up dying of thirst because I assumed sake would refill my thirst.
Drinking alcohol makes you more thirsty, not less---it's a diuretic. Your liver uses more water purging the alcohol from your system than you get from drinking the alcohol. (Your first run-through actually parallels some real-world cases of stranded people trying to survive off of alcohol, and dying of thirst.)

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, just got a mystery egg and threw it down. Baby Support Creeper so cute and helpful. Alas, he causes horrible rubber banding until I restart my client so he has to stay home to terrify me every time I turn around and otherwise remain unused. Anyone find a workaround for this? As the Creeper gives me a strength boost I would like to take him some places with me, but the rubber banding makes the game unplayable.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, just got a mystery egg and threw it down. Baby Support Creeper so cute and helpful. Alas, he causes horrible rubber banding until I restart my client so he has to stay home to terrify me every time I turn around and otherwise remain unused. Anyone find a workaround for this? As the Creeper gives me a strength boost I would like to take him some places with me, but the rubber banding makes the game unplayable.

It might depend where you dropped the egg. I dropped mine outside my base and whenever he tried to follow me through the glass, he would do the same. If you dropped him inside, just break it and let him follow you. If it's something else, I'm not sure. Unfortunately I took mine with me for the buffs when I went mining, he jumped in front of me when I was killing magma slimes and got demolished... RIP

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
The creeper doesn't rubber band. I do. The creeper teleports to me if I get too far away. He doesn't seem to suffer from fall damage either, which is nice. I layed into him with my sword once, but he survived and I was able to feed him gunpowder to heal, but he just stays at home because when he is giving me buffs it breaks my ability to move.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that is most likely SmartMoving or whatever that mod is called. It also does that with the MyFit speed buff. Personally I just disabled the mod, but if you want it sleeping usually fixes the problem as well, temporarily. On a side note, the update just showed up on my launcher!

Poyzon

Jul 29, 2019
I updated the pack and when i try to launch my old world my game crashes. Any idea?
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.core.JavaTools.getAllFields(Ljava/lang/Class;)Ljava/util/List;
at buildcraft.api.mj.MjAPI.getMjBatteryField(MjAPI.java:196)
at buildcraft.api.mj.MjAPI.getMjBattery(MjAPI.java:85)
at buildcraft.api.mj.MjAPI.getMjBattery(MjAPI.java:55)
at buildcraft.api.mj.MjAPI.getMjBattery(MjAPI.java:46)
at buildcraft.api.power.PowerHandler.<init>(PowerHandler.java:159)
at buildcraft.api.power.PowerHandler.<init>(PowerHandler.java:145)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseUniversalElectrical.initBuildCraft(TileBaseUniversalElectrical.java:594)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseUniversalElectrical.initiate(TileBaseUniversalElectrical.java:325)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.TileEntityAdvanced.func_145845_h(TileEntityAdvanced.java:31)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseUniversalElectrical.func_145845_h(TileBaseUniversalElectrical.java:332)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseElectricBlock.func_145845_h(TileBaseElectricBlock.java:116)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.TileEntityCircuitFabricator.func_145845_h(TileEntityCircuitFabricator.java:36)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:186)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseUniversalElectrical.initBuildCraft(TileBaseUniversalElectrical.java:594)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseUniversalElectrical.initiate(TileBaseUniversalElectrical.java:325)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.TileEntityAdvanced.func_145845_h(TileEntityAdvanced.java:31)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseUniversalElectrical.func_145845_h(TileBaseUniversalElectrical.java:332)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.energy.tile.TileBaseElectricBlock.func_145845_h(TileBaseElectricBlock.java:116)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.TileEntityCircuitFabricator.func_145845_h(TileEntityCircuitFabricator.java:36)

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: Circuit Fabricator // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.TileEntityCircuitFabricator
Block type: ID #629 (tile.machine2 // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.blocks.BlockMachine2)
Block data value: 4 / 0x4 / 0b0100
Block location: World: (874,64,1054), Chunk: (at 10,4,14 in 54,65; contains blocks 864,0,1040 to 879,255,1055), Region: (1,2; contains chunks 32,64 to 63,95, blocks 512,0,1024 to 1023,255,1535)
Actual block type: ID #629 (tile.machine2 // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.blocks.BlockMachine2)
Actual block data value: 4 / 0x4 / 0b0100
Stacktrace:

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: Ezcore
All players: 0 total; []
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 637 Drop: 0
Level seed: -493510694
Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: true
Level generator options: 2;7,10x10,3x49,4x13,47x172;10;stronghold,biome_1,village(size=20),dungeon
Level spawn location: World: (1235,4,-645), Chunk: (at 3,0,11 in 77,-41; contains blocks 1232,0,-656 to 1247,255,-641), Region: (2,-2; contains chunks 64,-64 to 95,-33, blocks 1024,0,-1024 to 1535,255,-513)
Level time: 8897664 game time, 10604889 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 22729 (now: false), thunder time: 74243 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:186)

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
I updated the pack and when i try to launch my old world my game crashes. Any idea?
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.core.JavaTools.getAllFields(Ljava/lang/Class;)Ljava/util/List;

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: Circuit Fabricator // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.TileEntityCircuitFabricator
Block type: ID #629 (tile.machine2 // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.blocks.BlockMachine2)
Block data value: 4 / 0x4 / 0b0100
Block location: World: (874,64,1054), Chunk: (at 10,4,14 in 54,65; contains blocks 864,0,1040 to 879,255,1055), Region: (1,2; contains chunks 32,64 to 63,95, blocks 512,0,1024 to 1023,255,1535)
Actual block type: ID #629 (tile.machine2 // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.blocks.BlockMachine2)
Actual block data value: 4 / 0x4 / 0b0100
Stacktrace:

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: Ezcore
All players: 0 total; []
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 637 Drop: 0
Level seed: -493510694
Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: true
Level generator options: 2;7,10x10,3x49,4x13,47x172;10;stronghold,biome_1,village(size=20),dungeon
Level spawn location: World: (1235,4,-645), Chunk: (at 3,0,11 in 77,-41; contains blocks 1232,0,-656 to 1247,255,-641), Region: (2,-2; contains chunks 64,-64 to 95,-33, blocks 1024,0,-1024 to 1535,255,-513)
Level time: 8897664 game time, 10604889 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 22729 (now: false), thunder time: 74243 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:

I'm getting the same crash, doing some troubleshooting to see if I can find the culprit.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I picked up the sterling generator I had connected to my logistics pipes system and it seems to load now. Not sure if that will help you, but try it if you have a logistics pipe setup going.