Werewolf organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
btw if you guys ever wanted to have desktop notifications on your computer for the forums I use Tapatalk notifications on my phone and use PushBullet to sync notifications between my phone and desktop. Hopefully this is useful. If you don't have a phone with tapatalk there is a chrome extension called Forum Alerts that also works (there may be one on firefox too)

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
@the_j485! Request. May I have a written permission for changing control of the thread, to give to Nana? If you still want to go through with it.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Bad news, guys.
On further inspection it is not possible to transfer ownership of a thread directly due to the way data is stored in the database (the database is not fully normalized) so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to transfer ownership, sorry :(

I'll have to make a new thread. Is that alright?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
In this new thread, you should have that opt-in rolecall list. That would be helpful.
Right! We've been mentioning that for a while. Would you clarify exactly how it works? Like a pinging of all the usual people for a GM to copy into their game, or a literal opt-in where the people are signed up without actually signing up? I could see a few problems with the latter.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Right! We've been mentioning that for a while. Would you clarify exactly how it works? Like a pinging of all the usual people for a GM to copy into their game, or a literal opt-in where the people are signed up without actually signing up? I could see a few problems with the latter.
The former. People would say 'yo, shazam, add me to the rolecall list.' and you add them to the list. Then when a GM makes a game, they paste the rolecall in the OP and bam.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The former. People would say 'yo, shazam, add me to the rolecall list.' and you add them to the list. Then when a GM makes a game, they paste the rolecall in the OP and bam.
Yeah this is how I view it too. Nice and simple. If someone wants a break, they just say "yo remove me from the spamlist". They could even say "put a note on my name that says not to harass me during game of thrones season."

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Does copy-and-pasting pings actually work? IIRC the people aren't actually pinged unless their names are entered in manually... the worst that could happen is just backspacing the last couple letters, then adding them back again, though.

BinaryTyrant

Jul 29, 2019
Does copy-and-pasting pings actually work? IIRC the people aren't actually pinged unless their names are entered in manually... the worst that could happen is just backspacing the last couple letters, then adding them back again, though.
Well let's test it, shall we? I copied this over from the rolecall in pyure's signup thread.

Yo @goreae you hear me, dawg?

Status
Not open for further replies.